Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

Amazing that a thread about a card affecting (according to the real expert on the subject here, Khun Jbrain) less than 200 foreigners, can create more than 10k views and 200+ replies! Posted Image

The sad thing is, whenever this topic pops up, it is the same posters saying exactly, what they said last time the card was in the news!

@ MikeO. If you really worried about the Thai taxpayers money, you should start posting about the rice-scam, the watermanagement plan, the 2+trillion infrastructureplan.

Whatever money the government are using/wasting here is peanuts!

Indeed it are always the same posters popping op in these threads saying exactly the same. Their names are Wordchild, Gerry1011 and Soi41. Recently the latter one however has admitted in post #170 that he actually realises that it is a waste of money and he wouldn't consider it again after he found out he was scammed.

The named Khun Jbrain has also provided him on his request with a few clear links from the Elite card scam regarding claims he insisted were incorrect, after which Khun Soi41 went remarkably silent.

Even Wordchild has ceased a bit on defending the Elite card leaving only Gerry1011 as he actually doesn't get his head around the fact that he could have spent the money on better things.

As for Mikeoboe57 and the numerous other taxpayer scams this government transforms out of their sleeve, I see him comment on these also on a frequent base, in their respective threads of course as they are not directly related to the Elite card. Those scams are same same but different.

Thanks for being concerned.

I still have money over. Please be welcome to tell me on which "better" things I can use it.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciated.

:)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jbrain. Which links/sources are you waiting for me to provide ??

I'm not waiting on any link of you. I said I provided you with a few links for facts you claimed were incorrect

e.g. : the fact that Thai elite proposed to use a proxy company to register the land holdings of their members and the fact that the Democrats ordered to set 2.5 Billion aside to refund Elite members.

I couldn't however find any reference to your claim that holders of investor visas weren't grandfathered after the shutdown of that visa, in the link you provided.

Amazing that a thread about a card affecting (according to the real expert on the subject here, Khun Jbrain) less than 200 foreigners, can create more than 10k views and 200+ replies! thumbsup.gif

The sad thing is, whenever this topic pops up, it is the same posters saying exactly, what they said last time the card was in the news!

@ MikeO. If you really worried about the Thai taxpayers money, you should start posting about the rice-scam, the watermanagement plan, the 2+trillion infrastructureplan.

Indeed it are always the same posters popping op in these threads saying exactly the same. Their names are Wordchild, Gerry1011 and Soi41. Recently the latter one however has admitted in post #170 that he actually realises that it is a waste of money and he wouldn't consider it again after he found out he was scammed.

The named Khun Jbrain has also provided him on his request with a few clear links from the Elite card scam regarding claims he insisted were incorrect, after which Khun Soi41 went remarkably silent.

Even Wordchild has ceased a bit on defending the Elite card leaving only Gerry1011 as he actually doesn't get his head around the fact that he could have spent the money on better things.

As for Mikeoboe57 and the numerous other taxpayer scams this government transforms out of their sleeve, I see him comment on these also on a frequent base, in their respective threads of course as they are not directly related to the Elite card. Those scams are same same but different.

i think i have pretty much always said the same thing about the program viz as it was presented to me at the start (i believe i was an early subscriber) the program looked great. As it developed and esp with the failure to follow through on the land purchase right it clearly became less attractive, also , in my case, my situation changed and i had no need for that type of visa. However its usefull to know if i needed a visa again, in the future, then i have this one. Also, and i know some people get sensitive about this, we are not talking about a great deal of money here especially given the exchange rate pertaining at the time . I would guess with some of the early benefits such as the free Thai Airways companion ticket (which my wife used a couple of times for trips back to Europe) and the odd round of golf, i have got reasonable value back for the card. Good but not great is how its turned out.

Edited by wordchild

Amazing that a thread about a card affecting (according to the real expert on the subject here, Khun Jbrain) less than 200 foreigners, can create more than 10k views and 200+ replies! thumbsup.gif

i think i have pretty much always said the same thing about the program viz as it was presented to me at the start (i believe i was an early subscriber) the program looked great. As it developed and esp with the failure to follow through on the land purchase right it clearly became less attractive, also , in my case, my situation changed and i had no need for that type of visa. However its usefull to know if i needed a visa again, in the future, then i have this one. Also, and i know some people get sensitive about this, we are not talking about a great deal of money here especially given the exchange rate pertaining at the time . I would guess with some of the early benefits such as the free Thai Airways companion ticket (which my wife used a couple of times for trips back to Europe) and the odd round of golf, i have got reasonable value back for the card. Good but not great is how its turned out.

Thank you for your clarification about Elite card Version 1, where you finish with the words " good but not great ", keeping in mind that you purchased your Elite membership when the Baht was at a favorable exchange rate.

Now this thread is about Elite card Version 2.0 where the benefits are even further reduced, the price raised to 2.4 Million for 20 years instead of 1 million for lifetime, and at a time where the exchange rate is about 40% less favorable for most major currencies.

So reading your comments about Version 1 and comparing them to the details available for Version 2 we can with the hand on our heart define it as a waste of money.

Edited by jbrain

I bought it when it was 1 mill, primarily for the no hassle visa as I was below 50yo and was an affordable expense for me. Other than the constant speculation about the scheme, it had pretty worked out well for me. The renewal after 5 years was so easy and presented to me at the airport too. I hate to deal with Thai officialdom and if I can afford to avoid it for as much as I can, then so be it. I turn 50 this year so can qualify for the retirement visa now, so it has given me the last 10 years of easy travel in and out of Thailand and residence here as I pleased. No visa run, no queue, no annual mucking around, no bull shxx from immigration as thai elite handled any issues for me even transfer visa to new passport.

Now, if you wish to call me idiot, fool etc, so be it...I am just glad I can afford the service. It was never an investment.

I suspect many want to see it fail simply because its success might mean a more stringent financial criteria for future long term Stayers, but that is pure speculation on my part...as it is also

speculation by the haters on what we members can or cannot afford, and our motives for joining.

Oh yes, I am a California member too. Am I upset? Got good value out of it for 5 years, was good while it lasted.:rolleyes:

a fool and his money are soon parted, say the ones who look on. I can't take my stash with me to heaven, so it's all for spending for now even on frivolous, doubtful, temporary luxuries which I am thankful I can afford.

and it is a measure of the government wanting to do the right thing for the members, despite all the uncertainties and in spite of the haters here who already gleefully thought the scheme was dead and buried some 3 years ago.

In whatever format, I wish the scheme every success in achieving their stated aims.

I bought it when it was 1 mill, primarily for the no hassle visa as I was below 50yo and was an affordable expense for me. Other than the constant speculation about the scheme, it had pretty worked out well for me. The renewal after 5 years was so easy and presented to me at the airport too. I hate to deal with Thai officialdom and if I can afford to avoid it for as much as I can, then so be it. I turn 50 this year so can qualify for the retirement visa now, so it has given me the last 10 years of easy travel in and out of Thailand and residence here as I pleased. No visa run, no queue, no annual mucking around, no bull shxx from immigration as thai elite handled any issues for me even transfer visa to new passport.

Now, if you wish to call me idiot, fool etc, so be it...I am just glad I can afford the service. It was never an investment.

I suspect many want to see it fail simply because its success might mean a more stringent financial criteria for future long term Stayers, but that is pure speculation on my part...as it is also

speculation by the haters on what we members can or cannot afford, and our motives for joining.

Oh yes, I am a California member too. Am I upset? Got good value out of it for 5 years, was good while it lasted.rolleyes.gif

a fool and his money are soon parted, say the ones who look on. I can't take my stash with me to heaven, so it's all for spending for now even on frivolous, doubtful, temporary luxuries which I am thankful I can afford.

and it is a measure of the government wanting to do the right thing for the members, despite all the uncertainties and in spite of the haters here who already gleefully thought the scheme was dead and buried some 3 years ago.

In whatever format, I wish the scheme every success in achieving their stated aims.

I hope there are no Nigerian scammers reading this or doggie888888's spam box will be full to overflowing in no time!

I'm not waiting on any link of you. I said I provided you with a few links for facts you claimed were incorrect

e.g. : the fact that Thai elite proposed to use a proxy company to register the land holdings of their members and the fact that the Democrats ordered to set 2.5 Billion aside to refund Elite members.

I couldn't however find any reference to your claim that holders of investor visas weren't grandfathered after the shutdown of that visa, in the link you provided.

I have to give you credit, you are very persistent in your crusade against the Elite Card and the suckers, who bought it !thumbsup.gif

As for the proposed use of a proxy for landholdings, I fully agree with you. Reading between the lines (very much tongue in check) in the TPC material, that is exactly, what they are suggesting.

BUT the post I answered, claimed that TPC was infact the proxy owners of the members landholdings. I might have been their cleaners, drivers or cookingstaff, but not the company itself.

As a cardholder (hoping for a payback), I remember the debate about the refund fund, and I am 99% sure, that no money was ever set aside for that purpose!

Regarding the 3M investmentvisa. Goggle: 3 million baht investmentvisa. On the first page with a header "If I invest..............."

Since your main objective by posting on this thread, is to prove that whoever bought the card are suckers, morons and idiots, I wonder, if whenever you see someone driving a Proton w00t.gif , do you walk up to him, to tell him what a bad choice buying that car was??

I have to give you credit, you are very persistent in your crusade against the Elite Card and the suckers, who bought it !thumbsup.gif

As for the proposed use of a proxy for landholdings, I fully agree with you. Reading between the lines (very much tongue in check) in the TPC material, that is exactly, what they are suggesting.

BUT the post I answered, claimed that TPC was infact the proxy owners of the members landholdings. I might have been their cleaners, drivers or cookingstaff, but not the company itself.

As a cardholder (hoping for a payback), I remember the debate about the refund fund, and I am 99% sure, that no money was ever set aside for that purpose!

Regarding the 3M investmentvisa. Goggle: 3 million baht investmentvisa. On the first page with a header "If I invest..............."

Since your main objective by posting on this thread, is to prove that whoever bought the card are suckers, morons and idiots, I wonder, if whenever you see someone driving a Proton w00t.gif , do you walk up to him, to tell him what a bad choice buying that car was??

If that proton owner asked for my opinion, yes I would tell him, and that is also what this thread is about, to share opinions about a certain topic.

It seems that you can not live with the idea that some people may have an opinion about things that is different from yours.

The company that was a proxy for the Elite card land owners was not TPC but a company owned by TAT.

As for your refund, you will onlyhave a chance for that if the Elite program is effectively cancelled, which will not happen as long as the Shinawatra's are in power and they find suckers who believe the card offers a value.

As for the investement visa, I don't need the link as I personally know someone who has been grandfathered for years.

For only 2 million Baht you will receive a 6 digit code which will grant you access to all the goodies hidden behind this door.....

Isn't the picture above the entrance to the Democratic Party's social club....... allegedly? rolleyes.gif

Edited by bigbamboo

Wow... A post with a smile and no critic !

If we continue like that we might even become friends.

Uhm... Naaaaaa, that would be too much to ask.

Or... Well maybe. There must be at least "some" nice people in both groups.

At the end being a member of Thailand Elite or not might not be relevant at all...

gerry1011, on 02 Jun 2013 - 09:50, said:

theblether, on 02 Jun 2013 - 07:49, said:

Time for a poll...........how many people responding to this topic can afford the Elite Card?

Maybe that's the true cause of the bitterness against it. You would love the 7 series beamer picking you up and access to all the benefits, including the most important one the "Special Assistance" line.

The people that will go for this will regard it as small change, these are the same guys that are spending $10,000 a year on golf club memberships and the like, first class air travel at $10K a pop, you get the idea.

I don't think they'll be one bit concerned about the thoughts of the average Thaivisa member. coffee1.gif

The wealthy people and Thailand Elite members indeed are certainly not one bit concerned by the thoughts of the average Thaivisa members.

But I must admit that as a Thailand Elite member I always look forward to these new threads about the card.

I find reading the posts related to Thailand Elite entertaining and better than going to the cinema.

The envy, the bitterness, the hate and the frustration of some posters is just amazing. The way they twist and distort the subject is really interesting.

It's also funny to see how the two groups use different wording in their posts.

I don't remember a Thailand Elite member using denigrating words when writing about the ones who cannot afford the card. On the other side, the "will never be members" systematically use "words" to qualify the wealthy ones and the Thailand Elite members. It shows a lot about their level of bitterness and I am quite happy that I only meet these guys through a forum.

But, as I said, I still enjoy such people's company in a thread about Thailand Elite smile.png

And, to the great disappointment of the Thailand Elite haters, this subject is coming back all the time since the program is still going on and on and on... To the satisfaction of the members smile.png

Personally, I come to read this thread just to "play around".

Behind my Thailand Elite membership there is in fact nice and interesting story to tell, ... But useless to tell on this forum.

So, lets keep going !!!

I love Thailand Elite smile.png

Again you carefully circumnavigate the main issue and prefer to dance around the side shows. The Elite Card is a Ponzi scheme where the new members cover the costs for the older members and in the end the Thai tax payer has to cover the rest. A simple calculation could show you that a 2 Mio THB purchase price and an annual fee of ridiculous 20.000 THB are nowhere near enough to cover all the expenses when fully using the advertised privileges. The first card went down in flames with a huge loss and the second one will do no better.

Of course you "love Thailand Elite". It is a bargain for you but a crappy deal for the Thais.

Can you give me a reason why the ordinary Thai should pay the 5-star golf and spa expenses for a few foreigners?

So what, it's a commercial enterprise, if the Thai government has mis-priced it "Up To Them".

Time for a poll...........how many people responding to this topic can afford the Elite Card?

Maybe that's the true cause of the bitterness against it. You would love the 7 series beamer picking you up and access to all the benefits, including the most important one the "Special Assistance" line.

The people that will go for this will regard it as small change, these are the same guys that are spending $10,000 a year on golf club memberships and the like, first class air travel at $10K a pop, you get the idea.

I don't think they'll be one bit concerned about the thoughts of the average Thaivisa member. coffee1.gif

To afford the card you either inherited money, won the lottery or most likely worked as a self employed business person or were high up in a large company.

Now the first two I can imagine buying the card but the second two would asses the cards benefits versus the cost as business people. There is also the calculation of risk and when in business like yourself and I, in my mind there are too many risks.

The beamer can be organised yourself and as for a 24 hr special assistance line you would need to read the small print, would they send out help or just assist over the phone. Even so, I can't see a self made person with money to throw around needing a 24hr assistance line.

2 million baht is a nippy amount of money, the 20K a year is peanuts, any TV member worth his salt could stand that. Personally speaking if I was to relocate to Thailand full time I would have a serious look at the scheme. At 1 million baht I would join it in a heartbeat, 2 million baht would have me playing with the abacus to see if it was worth it. coffee1.gif

Edited by theblether

At the end being a member of Thailand Elite or not might not be relevant at all...

Gerry, I try to explain this to you.

This is an anonymous forum, where I don't know who you are you don't know me, so how can I hate you or other members.

The definition of a forum is to share opinions, and of course defend the reasoning behind those opinions.

When we are talking about the Elite card, I have always said that with the privileges it was initially started up it could have been of value. However I have to add that the privileges like the land ownership were not legal from the start and he who started this venture should have researched this before he introduced the card. We all know that the one who introduced the card his only concern was to make a name and even more to line his own pockets, hence the fact probably that the fees had to be paid in a Singaporean bank instead of a Thai bank. Legallity was and has always been until today the least of his concerns.

So don't think I hold a grudge against you because you bought into this scam, as I only give my opinion about the Elite card scam scheme and not about you as a person, and as you said we even could become friends and maybe have some lunch, dinner and drinks together.

Of course I expect bills would be on you as you have made it clear that you have some more money available to waste biggrin.png

Edited by jbrain

Gerry, I try to explain this to you.

This is an anonymous forum, where I don't know who you are you don't know me, so how can I hate you or other members.

The definition of a forum is to share opinions, and of course defend the reasoning behind those opinions.

When we are talking about the Elite card, I have always said that with the privileges it was initially started up it could have been of value. However I have to add that the privileges like the land ownership were not legal from the start and he who started this venture should have researched this before he introduced the card. We all know that the one who introduced the card his only concern was to make a name and even more to line his own pockets, hence the fact probably that the fees had to be paid in a Singaporean bank instead of a Thai bank. Legallity was and has always been until today the least of his concerns.

So don't think I hold a grudge against you because you bought into this scam, as I only give my opinion about the Elite card scam scheme and not about you as a person, and as you said we even could become friends and maybe have some lunch, dinner and drinks together.

Of course I expect bills would be on you as you have made it clear that you have some more money available to waste biggrin.png

The bill would be on me, of course. My pleasure (but not on the wedding day of the other poster I already agreed to go, ok?)

wai.gif

Personally I don't care one way or the other for it will never concern me but for some strange reason I thought about this today.

Seem to remember someone posting that the conditions of the new card will be transferred to the old one.

If this is correct does that mean that the holders of the old card will now have to pay the 20k PA?

The wealthy people and Thailand Elite members indeed are certainly not one bit concerned by the thoughts of the average Thaivisa members.

But I must admit that as a Thailand Elite member I always look forward to these new threads about the card.

I find reading the posts related to Thailand Elite entertaining and better than going to the cinema.

The envy, the bitterness, the hate and the frustration of some posters is just amazing. The way they twist and distort the subject is really interesting.

It's also funny to see how the two groups use different wording in their posts.

I don't remember a Thailand Elite member using denigrating words when writing about the ones who cannot afford the card. On the other side, the "will never be members" systematically use "words" to qualify the wealthy ones and the Thailand Elite members. It shows a lot about their level of bitterness and I am quite happy that I only meet these guys through a forum.

But, as I said, I still enjoy such people's company in a thread about Thailand Elite smile.png

And, to the great disappointment of the Thailand Elite haters, this subject is coming back all the time since the program is still going on and on and on... To the satisfaction of the members smile.png

Personally, I come to read this thread just to "play around".

Behind my Thailand Elite membership there is in fact nice and interesting story to tell, ... But useless to tell on this forum.

So, lets keep going !!!

I love Thailand Elite smile.png

So you just join the topic to practice your daily fix of Schadenfreude, fair enough if it makes you happy smile.png

Edit to say don't try to spell german words from memory

Edited by Scully

To afford the card you either inherited money, won the lottery or most likely worked as a self employed business person or were high up in a large company.

Now the first two I can imagine buying the card but the second two would asses the cards benefits versus the cost as business people. There is also the calculation of risk and when in business like yourself and I, in my mind there are too many risks.

The beamer can be organised yourself and as for a 24 hr special assistance line you would need to read the small print, would they send out help or just assist over the phone. Even so, I can't see a self made person with money to throw around needing a 24hr assistance line.

2 million baht is a nippy amount of money, the 20K a year is peanuts, any TV member worth his salt could stand that. Personally speaking if I was to relocate to Thailand full time I would have a serious look at the scheme. At 1 million baht I would join it in a heartbeat, 2 million baht would have me playing with the abacus to see if it was worth it. coffee1.gif

I personally think this is when you will bin the idea, ie when you bring out your abacus.

Oh and I am genuinely having my morning coffee coffee1.gif

I'm just wondering something about the so called elite card

1. Considering the fact it lost money last time, have not seen anything yet that says this program will work this time, also I'd be very cautious of anything the program offers as there are zero guarantees when you buy into programs like this

2. While I read the benefits don't really feel your getting anything of real value with this so called card.

3. Maybe me but this program feels of a take your money now..and then when it fails close it down and then bring it back later again with different incentives

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

beatdeadhorse.gif they are simply not capable of learning from the repeated mistakes. The Thai ethos appears to be if you don't success the first-time in scamming people simply re-vamp it. <deleted>!

They have learned two things: how to scam people. That a fool and his money are quickly parted.

Posted Image  they are simply not capable of learning from the repeated mistakes.  The Thai ethos appears to be if you don't success the first-time in scamming people simply re-vamp it.  <deleted>!

They have learned two things: how to scam people. That a fool and his money are quickly parted.

Please understand that whilst you may view the membership as an asset or even an investment, I view it as an expense. And for me, it only needed to last til I turned 50, which I have this year, so it was money well spent for the convenience and ease of visa requirements for the past 10 years. Any extra years from now is just a bonus for me.

Now if you can't afford to expend 1 mill (bahts, not dollars our euros) , it's like saying you'd like to buy an expensive mattress, which I assume you can afford, but then it did not meet your requirements after 3 year, will you cry over it? It's no big deal really, just inconvenient. if you think you were a fool for that frivolity which you could afford that bought you 3 years of comfort, so be it.

Posted Image they are simply not capable of learning from the repeated mistakes. The Thai ethos appears to be if you don't success the first-time in scamming people simply re-vamp it. <deleted>!

After more than 200 posts I finally succeeded to start a nice conversation with jbrain... Without you guys coming up with "words".

Could not last, of course :)

Thanks for bringing "fool" again, it brings back the conversation where you like it to be.

Go on, go on :)

Just to be clear, neither old nor new customers can buy any land in Thailand. Old customers could however buy a certain amount of land in the name of the Elite card company, not in their own name. In other words, the land would legally belong to the Elite card company which would hold the land on your behalf.

Yes and the dodo bird was seen yesterday in Korat!!

Why post on something, where you clearly haven't got a clue ??

Please provide a link or source for your claim, that TPC is in fact proxy owners for cardholders!

No I didn't think so. whistling.gif

"I guess they bought the card because it kind of "allows" foreigners to buy land

in Thailand. When I say it kind of "allows" foreigners to buy land in Thailand,

it has the typical Thai Catch 22 in it:

The Elite card project was controversial from the outset, because one of the special privileges tied to the

card is the possibility to "acquire and possess land" once the Land Privilege

law is passed. The problem: there is no sign of such law being

passed.

Foreign individuals and companies are not allowed to own any

interest in land, expect for a few exceptions such as those granted by the Board

of Investment. Until a new law is passed, the Thailand Privilege Card Company

has set up an ownership structure to be used by cardholders seeking to purchase

land under which TPC will own the land on behalf of the cardholder. But this

point has raised legal issues, with some lawyers saying the interim ownership

structure is in conflict with some existing acts and could exposed the

cardholder to prosecution."

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader2058.htm

http://tourisminternetmarketing.com/2006/10/

I believe the info was also in the newspapers as well as on the TPC original website, however the above links were the ones that popped up on google?

Since you seem to know that I am wrong and insist I prove myself right, perhaps you can point me to the issue of the Royal Gazette where the new law allowing foreigners to own land was announced?

No I didn't think so. whistling.gif