Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

Just to be clear, neither old nor new customers can buy any land in Thailand. Old customers could however buy a certain amount of land in the name of the Elite card company, not in their own name. In other words, the land would legally belong to the Elite card company which would hold the land on your behalf.

Sounds safe. Where do I sign?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the complete lack of consumer protection in Thailand, paying for anything other than a Big Mac in advance is doomed in Thailand. We saw what happened the first time. Everyone involved with the Elite card ran from their responsibility and had no problem leaving the customers hanging. Now they want to do exactly the same, but at a higher price. Well, guess they can probably find 1,300 idiots with money to throw away :-)

What makes you think they can find 1300 idiots.

At half the price and better conditions they didn't manage to find 200 idiots.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Due to the complete lack of consumer protection in Thailand, paying for anything other than a Big Mac in advance is doomed in Thailand. We saw what happened the first time. Everyone involved with the Elite card ran from their responsibility and had no problem leaving the customers hanging. Now they want to do exactly the same, but at a higher price. Well, guess they can probably find 1,300 idiots with money to throw away :-)

some advertising on ThaiVisa Classifieds might find the requisite 1300

some advertising on ThaiVisa Classifieds might find the requisite 1300

from another news item:

this guy sounds like a candidate for the card:

Lamborghini Crash Survivor: Amulet Saved My Life

Just to be clear, neither old nor new customers can buy any land in Thailand. Old customers could however buy a certain amount of land in the name of the Elite card company, not in their own name. In other words, the land would legally belong to the Elite card company which would hold the land on your behalf.

Yes and the dodo bird was seen yesterday in Korat!!

Why post on something, where you clearly haven't got a clue ??

Please provide a link or source for your claim, that TPC is in fact proxy owners for cardholders!

No I didn't think so. whistling.gif

The worst thing about this whole program, seems to be that nothing about it can be trusted. First you read about all the changes that the first program went through, when I would have thought (at the time, combined with me being new here then) that this was basically a government program so I would have trusted it. I mean they weren't really offering anything of value, that actually costs anyone some money (as far as I can tell) so why not honor it, forever, as promised?

I am unclear about how the golf/spa things worked or would work now, did you have to pay something? I thought it offered you a discount. But however, offering visas, land ownership possibilities, whatever, doesn't really cost anyone money ...and how much could it cost to have a nice car pick you up at the airport? A lot of good hotels the world over, offer this as a service just for staying with them. Even 20-30 years ago, I had a RR pick up included in my hotel stay at a famous hotel in Hong Kong. I think many still do this. However, 1 million baht, at the exchange rates at that time wasn't so much, in case you were really in need of some kind of easy visa.

But 2 million baht, plus extra charges, at todays exchange rates, is almost 3 times the cost, only 10 years later. But anyone looking at the history of this program would have to be crazy (in my opinion) because nothing anyone says here, government or not, can be trusted, at all, not even close to trustworthy. I think, in the past, when they were targeting Western people, we are pretty stupid as far as trust goes in general ...but I think Chinese and Russians, and Indians, and whoever from countries such as that, are not so stupid, they expect more "changing of the deal after the deal has been made" and expect things we might not tend to. And I think they are also not quite so free with their money ...a Chinese person might pay $1 million for a rare dog, and have 35 Rolls Royce cars sent to pick it up at the airport, but on the other hand, they probably still pay $65 a month for their household workers, and feed them nothing but rice and some leafs as food. I could be wrong, just my guess. I seriously doubt they are feeding them seafood, tiger paws, and bear bile, to help out their "health" or for face.

Anyway, I had my first and last experience with paying ahead of time, for a VIP discount here during my first year. I paid for the VIP card, 50% discount on all services to a spa/beauty salon place, for a year.. It wasn't cheap and I figured I would have to use it a lot, for at least 6 months, before any benefits would be taken. Shockingly, once I paid for that, after maybe dozens of visits there, the place was always "full, busy, could not take me." I went over and over again. I made appointments, and upon arrival was told their staff didn't come to work today, so no go. I saw the place nearly empty, and staff sitting around, but still, could not take me. Wait for 2 hours, no still cannot take me. One day I just refused to leave, until they took me! Obviously, once they had my cash, and had to offer services for half price, they just didn't want to do it, so they didn't do it. After about 2-3 ,months, they closed for renovations, for months! Then they got sold to someone else, and I probably got a total of 2-3 visits at half price, while I had paid maybe $500-750 for the benefit. I can't remember exactly what it was. Probably was more as I had a different idea about money back then. I recently found a bunch of old receipts for various things I used to do in Thailand and was totally shocked at how much I used to pay for things!!

Anyway, I have a hard time believing many/any Chinese, Russians, or Indians will be so trusting and doubt that this card will bring big face, or any face at all ...so why would they do it? And why would they want to spend so much time in Thailand anyway? I doubt the market is really early retired people, who dont' want to marry, are under 50, etc. If they are making big money in their own countries, why would they want to come here? These people would have to be in the top 1/10 of a percent of wealth, just my guess, for example. They can buy cheap, beautiful women in their own country, the cost of living here isn't really less, like it might be for us Western people ...Chinese and Indian people are very attached to their family relationships, etc. they can bribe their way out of trouble in their own countries, just like here. So what exactly is the benefit of them living in Thailand?

Would Bill Gates buy one of these cards???? The people who have so much money, that the cost is a mere triffle, would be in his category (kind of ...I am playing a bit loose with definitions here), within their own countries, social circles. Yes, okay if this was a card for the US, UK or anywhere in Europe or Australia, Canada, etc ...there would probably be people lining up for years, to get in that, and would surely pay 10 times, or 100 times, but for Thailand???

Frankly, knowing what Thailand is famous for, I would think it would be an embarrassment to have this card ...unless of course, you are, as people have mentioned, running from the law, etc.

Yes and the dodo bird was seen yesterday in Korat!!

Why post on something, where you clearly haven't got a clue ??

Please provide a link or source for your claim, that TPC is in fact proxy owners for cardholders!

No I didn't think so. whistling.gif

1. Rights to Acquire and Possess Land

The Company has a policy to give to the Member certain privileges in connection to the rights to acquire and use a land (which is equivalent or close to an ownership right) whether directly held by the Member or through a certain entity, which privilege shall be subject to the approval of the Company (the “Land Privilege”).

The Land Privilege should include the right to acquire, possess and use of the land in Thailand up to 10 Rai (16,000 square meters) which shall be subject to the approval of the Company.

The Land Privilege will be given exclusively to the Members subject to the enactment of the law to support the Land Privilege.

The Member is allowed to use the Land Privilege only for the residential purpose and not use for any commercial or other purposes (the details of which shall be later notified by the Company).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/3882-thailand-elite-card-with-5-year-multi-visa/?p=30267

The worst thing about this whole program, seems to be that nothing about it can be trusted. First you read about all the changes that the first program went through, when I would have thought (at the time, combined with me being new here then) that this was basically a government program so I would have trusted it. I mean they weren't really offering anything of value, that actually costs anyone some money (as far as I can tell) so why not honor it, forever, as promised?

I am unclear about how the golf/spa things worked or would work now, did you have to pay something? I thought it offered you a discount. But however, offering visas, land ownership possibilities, whatever, doesn't really cost anyone money ...and how much could it cost to have a nice car pick you up at the airport? A lot of good hotels the world over, offer this as a service just for staying with them. Even 20-30 years ago, I had a RR pick up included in my hotel stay at a famous hotel in Hong Kong. I think many still do this. However, 1 million baht, at the exchange rates at that time wasn't so much, in case you were really in need of some kind of easy visa.

But 2 million baht, plus extra charges, at todays exchange rates, is almost 3 times the cost, only 10 years later. But anyone looking at the history of this program would have to be crazy (in my opinion) because nothing anyone says here, government or not, can be trusted, at all, not even close to trustworthy. I think, in the past, when they were targeting Western people, we are pretty stupid as far as trust goes in general ...but I think Chinese and Russians, and Indians, and whoever from countries such as that, are not so stupid, they expect more "changing of the deal after the deal has been made" and expect things we might not tend to. And I think they are also not quite so free with their money ...a Chinese person might pay $1 million for a rare dog, and have 35 Rolls Royce cars sent to pick it up at the airport, but on the other hand, they probably still pay $65 a month for their household workers, and feed them nothing but rice and some leafs as food. I could be wrong, just my guess. I seriously doubt they are feeding them seafood, tiger paws, and bear bile, to help out their "health" or for face.

Anyway, I had my first and last experience with paying ahead of time, for a VIP discount here during my first year. I paid for the VIP card, 50% discount on all services to a spa/beauty salon place, for a year.. It wasn't cheap and I figured I would have to use it a lot, for at least 6 months, before any benefits would be taken. Shockingly, once I paid for that, after maybe dozens of visits there, the place was always "full, busy, could not take me." I went over and over again. I made appointments, and upon arrival was told their staff didn't come to work today, so no go. I saw the place nearly empty, and staff sitting around, but still, could not take me. Wait for 2 hours, no still cannot take me. One day I just refused to leave, until they took me! Obviously, once they had my cash, and had to offer services for half price, they just didn't want to do it, so they didn't do it. After about 2-3 ,months, they closed for renovations, for months! Then they got sold to someone else, and I probably got a total of 2-3 visits at half price, while I had paid maybe $500-750 for the benefit. I can't remember exactly what it was. Probably was more as I had a different idea about money back then. I recently found a bunch of old receipts for various things I used to do in Thailand and was totally shocked at how much I used to pay for things!!

Anyway, I have a hard time believing many/any Chinese, Russians, or Indians will be so trusting and doubt that this card will bring big face, or any face at all ...so why would they do it? And why would they want to spend so much time in Thailand anyway? I doubt the market is really early retired people, who dont' want to marry, are under 50, etc. If they are making big money in their own countries, why would they want to come here? These people would have to be in the top 1/10 of a percent of wealth, just my guess, for example. They can buy cheap, beautiful women in their own country, the cost of living here isn't really less, like it might be for us Western people ...Chinese and Indian people are very attached to their family relationships, etc. they can bribe their way out of trouble in their own countries, just like here. So what exactly is the benefit of them living in Thailand?

Would Bill Gates buy one of these cards???? The people who have so much money, that the cost is a mere triffle, would be in his category (kind of ...I am playing a bit loose with definitions here), within their own countries, social circles. Yes, okay if this was a card for the US, UK or anywhere in Europe or Australia, Canada, etc ...there would probably be people lining up for years, to get in that, and would surely pay 10 times, or 100 times, but for Thailand???

Frankly, knowing what Thailand is famous for, I would think it would be an embarrassment to have this card ...unless of course, you are, as people have mentioned, running from the law, etc.

If the Elite Card was being re-established as a trustworthy entity, not one that changed the conditions once you've handed over your money up front then they should price membership at an annual rate not a flat 2 million. That might at least encourage a few more mugs to take up their offer.

Divers Open Mystery Containers 29-May-2009
Discover 20 Million Unsold Thailand Elite Cards Merchandise, marketing materials salvaged

SATTAHIP -- Speculation surrounding the contents of several submerged containers in the coastal water off Chon Buri came to an end today when navy divers opened the rusted hulks and discovered millions of unsold Thailand Elite Cards inside. Additionally, some 300 tons of Thailand Elite Card merchandise, marketing materials, and signage have been found.

When the door was cut open we were prepared for just about anything,â? said Capt. Kanchern Mottihaparn, the leader of the dive team. â??But nothing prepared us for what we saw â?? a wall of golden cards, cascading upon our heads and reflecting the sun from above. It was breathtaking.â? Later a navy dredging ship managed to extract the full contents and lift them aboard. Along with 20 million cards were about 5 million vouchers for King Power, 2 million complimentary passes for golf at Alpine, and 30 million brochures welcoming new members with a special message from Thaksin Shinawatra himself.

more here......

thainavy.jpg

Image Source

If the Elite Card was being re-established as a trustworthy entity, not one that changed the conditions once you've handed over your money up front then they should price membership at an annual rate not a flat 2 million. That might at least encourage a few more mugs to take up their offer.

The sad thing about this whole TE fiasco right from the offset was that the basic concept/premise was a good one but very poorly implemented and managed...if someone wants to pay for the privilage of being visa hassle free, getting through the airport quickly and even owning a bit a land..yes why not give someone that option

If they had ever actually impremented the "owning a bit of land" part, then there probably would have been a lot of takers, notwithstanding a lot of people upfront suspecting the whole thing was likely intended as a scam.

But alas, Thailand is for Thais, not farangs, or at least, not the ordinary ones.

And frankly, based on observing Thai governments over these past years, I'm not sure I'd trust any of them to honor any kind of legal/contractual promise made to farangs over the long term.

They might tell you today you have a legal deal to buy and own land, and then turn around a few years later and rescind the entire thing. As the old saying goes, a farang and his money are meant to be parted in Thailand! tongue.png

If they had ever actually impremented the "owning a bit of land" part, then there probably would have been a lot of takers, notwithstanding a lot of people upfront suspecting the whole thing was likely intended as a scam.

But alas, Thailand is for Thais, not farangs, or at least, not the ordinary ones.

And frankly, based on observing Thai governments over these past years, I'm not sure I'd trust any of them to honor any kind of legal/contractual promise made to farangs over the long term.

They might tell you today you have a legal deal to buy and own land, and then turn around a few years later and rescind the entire thing. As the old saying goes, a farang and his money are meant to be parted in Thailand! tongue.png

The reason they cancelled the owning land privilege was that they had to change the law to be legal.

Of course being legal has always been the least of Thaksin's concerns, and who cares after the money has been paid.

The reason they cancelled the owning land privilege was that they had to change the law to be legal.

Of course being legal has always been the least of Thaksin's concerns, and who cares after the money has been paid.

of course they other route could have been pay the THB 1.0 million as it originally was and come up with some sort of 99 year leasing type system on the land and and I am sure there would have been some takers for this but then they wouldnt have run foul of having to change the law

of course they other route could have been pay the THB 1.0 million as it originally was and come up with some sort of 99 year leasing type system on the land and and I am sure there would have been some takers for this but then they wouldnt have run foul of having to change the law

Even for that they would have to change the law, which would mean that 99 years leasings would become legal for everyone.Currently the law alows 30 year leases maximum.

They have at one point suggested to have the land registered in a company owned by TAT, but under Thai law it is not allowed for a company to be set up to own land only.

Hence the fact that there is so much to do about the thousands of companies that are set up to own a house for foreigners.

bigbamboo, on 01 Jun 2013 - 21:56, said:

Oh I see. I was actually reading this and thought it sounded great so I didn't understand why all the hate on it.

So even after I hand over the 2 million baht, would it be possible they will rescind it later even if I make all the yearly payments?

Kind of seems like a contradictory policy. The card sounds a lot better than going the investor visa route which I was considering.

Also I don't understand the wording, 5 year multi-entry visa doesn't mean you get 5 years stay? What does the 1 year stay thing mean? Like I could stay "up to a year". If I am paying for a 20 years valid card that grants 5 year visas, why can I only stay 1 year... definitely fishy. Plus does this grant the right to live and work as one pleases? I doubt it, still gotta go through stupid work pemit processes every time you switch jobs, etc. correct?

If the elite can afford such prices, they can afford to stay at those luxurious hotels, spas and golf courses. The only advantage I see is the 5-year visa but then what happens after the five years? Don't think it is a good deal.

Well by end of the 5 years this "plastic fantastic" resurrected ponzi will only good for wiping ones proverbial you know what with again!!

Time for a poll...........how many people responding to this topic can afford the Elite Card?

Maybe that's the true cause of the bitterness against it. You would love the 7 series beamer picking you up and access to all the benefits, including the most important one the "Special Assistance" line.

The people that will go for this will regard it as small change, these are the same guys that are spending $10,000 a year on golf club memberships and the like, first class air travel at $10K a pop, you get the idea.

I don't think they'll be one bit concerned about the thoughts of the average Thaivisa member. coffee1.gif

Time for a poll...........how many people responding to this topic can afford the Elite Card?

Maybe that's the true cause of the bitterness against it. You would love the 7 series beamer picking you up and access to all the benefits, including the most important one the "Special Assistance" line.

The people that will go for this will regard it as small change, these are the same guys that are spending $10,000 a year on golf club memberships and the like, first class air travel at $10K a pop, you get the idea.

I don't think they'll be one bit concerned about the thoughts of the average Thaivisa member. coffee1.gif

How many can afford it or how many have silly money to waste?

How many can afford it or how many have silly money to waste?

Clearly not me. But why dream of bad marketing, bad customer service and a product that relies on political powers that be, when I can live the bad marketing, bad customer service and a product that relies on political powers, for a 1,900 baht yearly visa?

That is a tremendous saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To afford the card you either inherited money, won the lottery or most likely worked as a self employed business person or were high up in a large company.

Now the first two I can imagine buying the card but the second two would asses the cards benefits versus the cost as business people. There is also the calculation of risk and when in business like yourself and I, in my mind there are too many risks.

The beamer can be organised yourself and as for a 24 hr special assistance line you would need to read the small print, would they send out help or just assist over the phone. Even so, I can't see a self made person with money to throw around needing a 24hr assistance line.

I don't think they'll be one bit concerned about the thoughts of the average Thaivisa member. Posted Image

The wealthy people and Thailand Elite members indeed are certainly not one bit concerned by the thoughts of the average Thaivisa members.

But I must admit that as a Thailand Elite member I always look forward to these new threads about the card.

I find reading the posts related to Thailand Elite entertaining and better than going to the cinema.

The envy, the bitterness, the hate and the frustration of some posters is just amazing. The way they twist and distort the subject is really interesting.

It's also funny to see how the two groups use different wording in their posts.

I don't remember a Thailand Elite member using denigrating words when writing about the ones who cannot afford the card. On the other side, the "will never be members" systematically use "words" to qualify the wealthy ones and the Thailand Elite members. It shows a lot about their level of bitterness and I am quite happy that I only meet these guys through a forum.

But, as I said, I still enjoy such people's company in a thread about Thailand Elite :)

And, to the great disappointment of the Thailand Elite haters, this subject is coming back all the time since the program is still going on and on and on... To the satisfaction of the members :)

Personally, I come to read this thread just to "play around".

Behind my Thailand Elite membership there is in fact nice and interesting story to tell, ... But useless to tell on this forum.

So, lets keep going !!!

I love Thailand Elite :)

Divers Open Mystery Containers 29-May-2009

Discover 20 Million Unsold Thailand Elite Cards Merchandise, marketing materials salvaged

SATTAHIP -- Speculation surrounding the contents of several submerged containers in the coastal water off Chon Buri came to an end today when navy divers opened the rusted hulks and discovered millions of unsold Thailand Elite Cards inside. Additionally, some 300 tons of Thailand Elite Card merchandise, marketing materials, and signage have been found.

When the door was cut open we were prepared for just about anything,â? said Capt. Kanchern Mottihaparn, the leader of the dive team. â??But nothing prepared us for what we saw â?? a wall of golden cards, cascading upon our heads and reflecting the sun from above. It was breathtaking.â? Later a navy dredging ship managed to extract the full contents and lift them aboard. Along with 20 million cards were about 5 million vouchers for King Power, 2 million complimentary passes for golf at Alpine, and 30 million brochures welcoming new members with a special message from Thaksin Shinawatra himself.

more here......

WHEW!!!!

I was worried there for a bit, that your "news" item was going to report they opened the sunken ships only to discover....... the dead/decaying bodies of hundreds of farangs who had bought the original Thailand Elite card and were later murdered in order to prevent them from using the free spa and golf privileges!!!

You had me going there for a bit! thumbsup.gif

Hence the fact that there is so much to do about the thousands of companies that are set up to own a house for foreigners.

And regarding which, various Thai authorities periodically pop up and make public pronouncements about beginning investigations into the widespread illegal use of Thai proxies to support farang company land ownership.

BTW, JB or others, if you know...

Did the second version scheme about having the Thai company/TAT as the proxy land owner for Elite card owners ever actually get used/implemented by any card holder in the early days? Or did it too die a premature death like the 1 rai direct plan?

gerry1011, on 02 Jun 2013 - 09:50, said:

theblether, on 02 Jun 2013 - 07:49, said:

The wealthy people and Thailand Elite members indeed are certainly not one bit concerned by the thoughts of the average Thaivisa members.

But I must admit that as a Thailand Elite member I always look forward to these new threads about the card.

I find reading the posts related to Thailand Elite entertaining and better than going to the cinema.

The envy, the bitterness, the hate and the frustration of some posters is just amazing. The way they twist and distort the subject is really interesting.

It's also funny to see how the two groups use different wording in their posts.

I don't remember a Thailand Elite member using denigrating words when writing about the ones who cannot afford the card. On the other side, the "will never be members" systematically use "words" to qualify the wealthy ones and the Thailand Elite members. It shows a lot about their level of bitterness and I am quite happy that I only meet these guys through a forum.

But, as I said, I still enjoy such people's company in a thread about Thailand Elite smile.png

And, to the great disappointment of the Thailand Elite haters, this subject is coming back all the time since the program is still going on and on and on... To the satisfaction of the members smile.png

Personally, I come to read this thread just to "play around".

Behind my Thailand Elite membership there is in fact nice and interesting story to tell, ... But useless to tell on this forum.

So, lets keep going !!!

I love Thailand Elite smile.png

Again you carefully circumnavigate the main issue and prefer to dance around the side shows. The Elite Card is a Ponzi scheme where the new members cover the costs for the older members and in the end the Thai tax payer has to cover the rest. A simple calculation could show you that a 2 Mio THB purchase price and an annual fee of ridiculous 20.000 THB are nowhere near enough to cover all the expenses when fully using the advertised privileges. The first card went down in flames with a huge loss and the second one will do no better.

Of course you "love Thailand Elite". It is a bargain for you but a crappy deal for the Thais.

Can you give me a reason why the ordinary Thai should pay the 5-star golf and spa expenses for a few foreigners?

Amazing that a thread about a card affecting (according to the real expert on the subject here, Khun Jbrain) less than 200 foreigners, can create more than 10k views and 200+ replies! thumbsup.gif

The sad thing is, whenever this topic pops up, it is the same posters saying exactly, what they said last time the card was in the news!

@ MikeO. If you really worried about the Thai taxpayers money, you should start posting about the rice-scam, the watermanagement plan, the 2+trillion infrastructureplan.

Whatever money the government are using/wasting here is peanuts!

Yet again, yet another story, TV posters take the story at face value and completely miss the point.

Thai Elite Card has from the beginning been a superb sleight of hand, transferring wealth from the public purse to various politicians, their proxies, their relatives and close civil servant flunkies who were awarded positions within the agency set up to administer the scheme.

It takes a few million in one-time revenue, probably spends all of that paying green fees and spa costs and then hoovers up billions of baht from the govt. in admin costs, salaries and expenses.

We have a winner.

For the rest, read; Understanding the Thai business model 101

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a perpetually renewable one year visa for Cambodia where I can legally own my own business and work and it cost me around $300.

I can come and go as I please, there's no reporting and no visa runs.

In Thailand I have a Non-Immigrant 'B' visa and I am subject to visa runs or 90 day reporting and a whole host of farsical restrictions and beaurocratic nonsense.

Can you guess which country my conpany is making an initial $50million investment in?

I mentioned the Elite card to a colleague as he was one of the original suckers and he said 'don't mention the war.'

Enough said.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amazing that a thread about a card affecting (according to the real expert on the subject here, Khun Jbrain) less than 200 foreigners, can create more than 10k views and 200+ replies! thumbsup.gif

The sad thing is, whenever this topic pops up, it is the same posters saying exactly, what they said last time the card was in the news!

@ MikeO. If you really worried about the Thai taxpayers money, you should start posting about the rice-scam, the watermanagement plan, the 2+trillion infrastructureplan.

Indeed it are always the same posters popping op in these threads saying exactly the same. Their names are Wordchild, Gerry1011 and Soi41. Recently the latter one however has admitted in post #170 that he actually realises that it is a waste of money and he wouldn't consider it again after he found out he was scammed.

The named Khun Jbrain has also provided him on his request with a few clear links from the Elite card scam regarding claims he insisted were incorrect, after which Khun Soi41 went remarkably silent.

Even Wordchild has ceased a bit on defending the Elite card leaving only Gerry1011 as he actually doesn't get his head around the fact that he could have spent the money on better things.

As for Mikeoboe57 and the numerous other taxpayer scams this government transforms out of their sleeve, I see him comment on these also on a frequent base, in their respective threads of course as they are not directly related to the Elite card. Those scams are same same but different.

It's one and a half billion bahts worth of peanuts flushed away so far.

Archived