Any Good Solutions For Lack Of Window Screens In Hotel Room For Short Time Stay?

OldChinaHam

The most terrible ugly and over smell short time hotel I ever was was the honey lodge in Pattaya near walking street!

Was thinking my food come back from stomage when I enter the room!

But Thais don't let fresh air in the room

Just a quick word on the headline...

I don't think 'short time stay' means what you think it means...

whistling.gif

? I think it's perfectly clear? Typical holiday stay in Chiang Mai, couple of nights, then move on.

He's not speaking Chinese is he?

Well i instantly thought that he was talking about "Short time " Hotels aswell... and I would have thought the majority of people who read it probably did also..

Ah. Well I don't think everyone on this forum is a sex tourist / sexpat.

Just a quick word on the headline...

I don't think 'short time stay' means what you think it means...

whistling.gif

? I think it's perfectly clear? Typical holiday stay in Chiang Mai, couple of nights, then move on.

He's not speaking Chinese is he?

Well i instantly thought that he was talking about "Short time " Hotels aswell... and I would have thought the majority of people who read it probably did also..

Ah. So you think one needs to be a sex tourist / sexpat to know what "short time" means.

Never thought of doing it myself but a great idea and some good suggestions offered above.

Years ago I stayed at a hotel in Kunming, China, which had rooms that stank worse than the klong near our condo in Chiang Mai. The room had one window which offered a glorious view of the dirty brick wall on the other side of the alley outside. I had no worries about mosquitos because the deafening racket of the demolition gang who were tearing down the building next door scared all the bugs away, all bloody night.

• Like 1

Leave a fan on during the night. Keeps them off for me. If you have a smartphone, it may have an anti mossie app -

I once saw a mosquito walking towards me on the bed because he couldnt fly, do to my fan.

I waited till he almost made it to me, then i swatted him.

He knew what he was doing.

huh.png

Ah. So you think one needs to be a sex tourist / sexpat to know what "short time" means.

Pretty much, yes. Or at least have had significant exposure to that scene.

Pretty much, yes. Or at least have had significant exposure to that scene.

I am not a sex tourist, but I do know short time when I see it. That is beside the main point here though.

I have solved the mosquito problem for now, by moving to new digs, long time digs, this time.

All windows have screens, and all sliding doors have screens, I have screens coming out the balcony!

Aircon no longer drones. And I am lost with nothing to complain about, for a change.

But I will still need your suggestions when I leave here for days at a time, and need to stay short-time in hotels.

If anyone knows how I might suspend a mosquito netting over my head in the park while reading, please add your suggestions here, too.

THANK you!

If anyone knows how I might suspend a mosquito netting over my head in the park while reading, please add your suggestions here, too.

THANK you!

Just get a hat and some mosquito netting. biggrin.png

post-566-0-57387600-1370275564_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's another idea for you.

That is a SUPER idea. I was thinking of using some of those flexible tent poles and mosquito netting. But your pyramid looks better.

And, you stay young if you spend enough time in a pyramidal shaped shell.

They have done studies using cucumbers which stay fresh far longer inside a pyramid.

Yeah.. I can't imagine hotels or guesthouses that would not have screens (especially if non-aircnditioned), but if you manage to find one then just pick up a mosquito net at Tesco or Big C. Bedding section.

better go to a local market can get one really big for 1/2 the price as tesco's or big c

• Like 1

Yeah.. I can't imagine hotels or guesthouses that would not have screens (especially if non-aircnditioned), but if you manage to find one then just pick up a mosquito net at Tesco or Big C. Bedding section.

better go to a local market can get one really big for 1/2 the price as tesco's or big c

Thank you, these nets are not always so easy to find as one might think. I think if I buy one then I will be able to see if the painter's tape idea will easily work.

Barefoot has the answer.... Painter's tape or drafting tape... there is no sticky residue, and either is strong enough to hold up mosquito netting to the window, easy to remove, and costs very little. Very few guest houses have large windows to worry about, so one mosquito net for a bed should be enough.

Barefoot has the answer.... Painter's tape or drafting tape... there is no sticky residue, and either is strong enough to hold up mosquito netting to the window, easy to remove, and costs very little. Very few guest houses have large windows to worry about, so one mosquito net for a bed should be enough.

or a piece of that nylon blue stuff they sell in the hardware stores