Ministry Wants To Make Thais Taller

Lite Beer

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% agree with those who have professed avoiding milk is the best bet -- at the most drink fortified low to non-fat milk when older than x-years -- probably thought of as about 15, but most likely best at 7 or below. Sounds s though the western dairy industry is attempting to gain strength in Thailand -- let them sell at the poison food establishments such as 7/11, not to mothers sending their kids off to school.

Low to not-fat milk? Tossing out the best part.

• Like 1

This looks like it's straight out of the Plodprasop 'science' manual.

He'll be telling people to lay their children lengthways infront of fans set to full-blast as the fast moving air-current will result in them growing taller. rolleyes.gif

He'd have them pulled (by the neck or hair?) through the various waterways with his 1,000-boat pumping (moth-balled?) fleet. More molecular friction and full speed ahead, damn the unintended consequences. Very scientific, doncha know?

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

Height increase in 10 years? Takes tens of thousands and a different climate, not to mention genes, don't it?

Surely the quickest way is to get in more whiteys to dilute the gene pool a bit more. whistling.gif

Not at all. Do some research on the height of the English a few hundred years ago. Much shorter than now. Seem to recall Henry the Eighth was a giant of a man in his times....maybe five foot six or so. I remember going to the Trip To Jerusalem (admittedly vaguely due to the copious amounts of booze ingested) in Nottingham castle. Bumping my head everywhere. My sister lives in an old farmhouse in Staffordshire and I'm forever hitting my head in door arches etc. when I visit.

They must be low arches with a name like Mudcrab. Sorry couldn't help it.cheesy.gif

Don't worry about all that hocus pocus that milk increases hieght. I saw the size of thais being a problem long ago and that is why I created my special instant formular. Simply rub it on the skin and garanteed to increase hieght by 25 cm per year. Perfectly safe to use with conjuction whitening creams. I will have you looking like a farang in no time.

Which part of the body do you use it on?

whistling.gif

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest, how many dairy herds are there in Thailand. Nearest fresh milk, which I assume the article is about, is about 30kn from our home.

I don't know... but there seem to be a lot of 'steak houses' in Isaan!

Can you tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

Can you tell the difference between Bull and Buffalo?

... I can with the first question, I can't with the second one.

What benefits would there be for taller Thais? I fail to see the reasoning behind this absurd idea but then again if it is to cosmetically try to improve the image of the Thai people then why stop there? Why not try to implement a totally new diet to lighten the skin color and force the people to stay away from the sun at least 6 hours a day so that they will be white skinned, tall and be the new Super Asian Aryan race of Asia so that they can take over the planet eventually. Improving the brain does not seem to be a top agenda and by reading the article I can easily see why. Amazing Thailand.

Edited by rbrooks

I do believe that the regular consumption of milk while children and teenagers are growing does make them grow taller .

My former wife was American , 5'10 . Friends of her family always offered a pint of milk with your evening meal .

The shortest of the sons was 6'5" others well over 2mts . Our sons and daughter drank a lot of milk , our daughter 5'9"

and our sons 6'5" and 6'4" . When I lived in Italy , I noticed that in certain areas people were noticeably short .

I do not think Thais are so noticeably shot , some girls are very petite .

Just as a matter of interest, how many dairy herds are there in Thailand. Nearest fresh milk, which I assume the article is about, is about 30kn from our home.

Not sure, but the emaciated cows that I've seen in most of the country would probably not produce much milk anyway in comparison to a proper dairy herd. Maybe it's time to start a dairy farm with some recognised breeds. The increased consumption the government is decreeing is huge and I'm sure they have not done the math on how big the dairy industry has to grow to meet that consumption level.

Or maybe someone HAS been doing some maths on it.. maybe someone with some shares and interests in farming, dairy herds and the like, say... the Government, Health Ministry, talking folk into buying and drinking huge quantities more milk would hardly be an unwelcome turn of events for such a 'prospector' would it?

Edited by spectrumisgreen

The Dairy Industry is really big business, with sales of billions for milk and

diary products annually, so you might expect hard line marketing

from them, but would you expect them to aggressively sell their products if

they were known to be harmful to people, especially to women and children?

The cholesterol content of three glasses of milk is equal to

what one would get from 53 slices of bacon.

Do you know of any doctor who recommends that much bacon per day?

In the animal Kindom no animals drink its mother’s milk in

adult life.

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk.

Human’s milk is for humans.

Cow's milk is for calves.

You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses

milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to

turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!"

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

Please Google "The Dangers of Cow Milk"

A cup of 3.5% fat milk contains about 25mg of cholesterol. A big glass might have two cups, say 50mg cholesterol per glass = 150mg cholesterol

A slice of bacon contains about 10mg of cholesterol. 50 slices of bacon would contain the same amount of cholesterol as 20 cups of milk.

But what's the point? A person with a healthy metabolism should be able to eat as much cholesterol containing food as they desire and maintain cholesterol homeostasis.

Thais should worry more about expanding their brain power. What mindless Thai would even suggest the preposterous notion that they should "breed" bigger Thais?

If you are unfortunate enough to have to watch Thai TV, there are numerous adverts making the claim that milk increases brain power as well.

In that case, may I assume most TVF posters here have had a serious lack of milk...

Cow milk in general is too fat to be called healthy for humans. But skimmed down it actually is pretty healthy, and there is a very strong connection between a countries dairy consumption and average height. See The Netherlands

The argument that no other animal naturally drinks milk after its weaning period, and thus it is not healthy for humans, is rather silly. No animal except the human cooks its food or takes medicine for example. So that must be unhealthy as well?

I drink a lot of milk and always have and I am definately not fat. 184cm and 82 kgs . Always loved the milk straight from the cow which contains plenty of cream.

My Uncle had a dairy farm in Canada. I remember drinking raw milk right from the milk cooler. It was really delicious and a real treat visiting the farm. The cats at the farm loved the milk too.

I think they should eat more brown bread and potatoes.

As long as they eat predominantly white rice and nibbles of white meat and veg they will stay small.

But what's wrong with small? What is the essence of this necessity.

Actually they should ask be given free brands chicken essence. You live forever, have an IQ of 200, climb Everest and satisfy 4 wives on that stuff. So the health food institute of Guangzhou polytechnic claims.

• Like 1

I read some contributors here who appear ro measure milk in "pounds". Milk is either mesured in litres (the normal way) or in pints (the old-fashioned imperial way), but never in pounds surely. Pounds equate to kilos, not litres.

Our local dairy, Saraphi, Chiang mai sells milk by the kg. Great for making yoghurt.

btw many small dairy herds (Freisian) in San Kamphaeng, east of Chiang Mai.

Reading a lot of crap here!

Milk is bad for humans?

Yeah right, if you drink liters of it...daily!

Same with Coke or other sweet drinks.

They are not "dangerous" per se!

I cringe though, when I see my girlfriends family, let the kids drink nothing else but "nam som" (no differentiation between orange juice and Fanta, of course!) and other sweetened stuff EXCLUSIVELY!

That OF COURSE makes children obese, gives them bad teeth, sends them on the way to diabethis...

Everything is "dangerous", if you overdo it.

But a glass of Coke a day doesn't kill anybody...as does no glass of milk.

I read some contributors here who appear ro measure milk in "pounds". Milk is either mesured in litres (the normal way) or in pints (the old-fashioned imperial way), but never in pounds surely. Pounds equate to kilos, not litres.

Our local dairy, Saraphi, Chiang mai sells milk by the kg. Great for making yoghurt.

btw many small dairy herds (Freisian) in San Kamphaeng, east of Chiang Mai.

Probably do better drinking the blood from the cows neck as the ZULU'S do and not many of them are shorty's.

One day, just one day, I hope I get to see a government official in Thailand come out with something that is any way intelligent.

I mean, if they want to make them taller, just tie them between a bridge and a tug boat to 5 minutes per week.

• Like 1

adult life.

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

I see an awful lot of "fat cows" now in Thailand, usually wearing skin tight shortssick.gif

If you are unfortunate enough to have to watch Thai TV, there are numerous adverts making the claim that milk increases brain power as well.
In that case, may I assume most TVF posters here have had a serious lack of milk...

Cow milk in general is too fat to be called healthy for humans. But skimmed down it actually is pretty healthy, and there is a very strong connection between a countries dairy consumption and average height. See The Netherlands

The argument that no other animal naturally drinks milk after its weaning period, and thus it is not healthy for humans, is rather silly. No animal except the human cooks its food or takes medicine for example. So that must be unhealthy as well?

I drink a lot of milk and always have and I am definately not fat. 184cm and 82 kgs . Always loved the milk straight from the cow which contains plenty of cream.

My Uncle had a dairy farm in Canada. I remember drinking raw milk right from the milk cooler. It was really delicious and a real treat visiting the farm. The cats at the farm loved the milk too.

You were therefore exposed to every virus and bacteria the cow had. 200 people die every year in the US as a direct result of drinking raw milk. Another old wives tale is cats and milk. Cats are lactose intolerant and should never be given cows milk...its cat poison, just as Dogs love chocolate but it is highly toxic to dogs.

The only studies that say Milk causes kids to grow taller are the studies done on cows that had growth hormone injected into them. Put growth hormone in tap water and it will make kids grow taller. Just as steroids give you huge bulk and muscle mass we all know its not what nature intended and its not good for you. If you want to give your kids growth hormone, unless there is an absolute medical need, then it's nothing short of child abuse. My kids love water, fresh OJ (no sugar or god forbid salt) and have never had a sugar carbonated drink. They ask for milk once a week maybe. I drink ice cold milk everyday, because I love the taste, I am unsure if it does me any good but reckon it just does me less bad than a pint of beer in its place ;)

adult life.

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

I see an awful lot of "fat cows" now in Thailand, usually wearing skin tight shortssick.gif

Also known as your common garden variety tourists.

• Like 1

Could it be that the minister is due for the chop in the next cabinet reshuffle (that the PM denies) and wants to get in some last stupid statement to make it look like he has actually done something and in the hope of being remembered?

• Like 2

Could it be that the minister is due for the chop in the next cabinet reshuffle (that the PM denies) and wants to get in some last stupid statement to make it look like he has actually done something and in the hope of being remembered?

As likely as any other reason, or a bribe from meiji

With all this ministerial stuff slapped at TV members every day, The bull#hit that it produces could be used in Thai childrens shoes, as the old saying goes--that will make them taller.

Who is going to be the next government person, to come out with idiotic statement -it's never ending--sick of it all--- it's like playing kids games. why don't the press reply to the powers that be, with the same sort of replies, plaster them on front pages embarrass THEM.

When I worked in Hong Kong in the late 80's one of the most noticeable things was that kids towered over their parents. I used to see parents walking their kids to school and it wasn't unusual for Jr. to be taller than both mom & dad. I asked someone why the parents were so short and why the kids were so tall. Someone said: Milk. The kids drink milk and the parents never got milk.

The older women seemed to have some real problems with osteoporosis. They were terribly bow-legged and very hunched over.

It's anecdotal, but it seems that there is some truth to it. Genetically, we will not be taller, but good nutrition will make us reach our full potential of height.

• Like 1