Child Speech Therapist Or Simlr In Samui?

My boy is almost 2 1/2 and not speaking at all except for babbling.

I would really like for him to see some sort of speech therapist or child development expert. Is there one on Samui who someone can recommend?

I am wary about just going to the local Doctor or clinic after having alot of bad advice in the past.

Really hope someone can help me.

I'd suggest you make your way to a doctor or a paediatrician as soon as you can. The child may have hearing issues or any number of things that are preventing him from learning to speak.

Having said that, I've had 4 kids and they all matured at different ages with speaking. My Thai daughter understood everything said to her in English and Thai but did not vocalise any language until she was about the same age (2 1/2) and that sort of worried me. And then over a 2 week period it was like a tap was turned on and suddenly she's involving us in conversations - more in Thai than English initially.

• Like 1

I'd suggest you make your way to a doctor or a paediatrician as soon as you can. The child may have hearing issues or any number of things that are preventing him from learning to speak.

Having said that, I've had 4 kids and they all matured at different ages with speaking. My Thai daughter understood everything said to her in English and Thai but did not vocalise any language until she was about the same age (2 1/2) and that sort of worried me. And then over a 2 week period it was like a tap was turned on and suddenly she's involving us in conversations - more in Thai than English initially.

thanks for reply. any recommended paediatricians on samui?

thanks for reply. any recommended paediatricians on samui?

My guess is there is no one qualified on Samui you would need to go to BKK or maybe Surat or Hatyai or Phuket.

Here's a link to a summary of hospitals in Samui. One or two have paediatrics department. I'm from Pattaya and both the BKK Pattaya and the Pattaya International have reasonable child care facilities and doctors that have given us good service.

Has your child been receiving all the usual vaccines/immunisations etc that we would normally give in the west? This is something that many Thais (especially from the country) don't seem to realise is important. If not, I suggest you attend to this at the same time as many Thai children die of diseases that are virtually eradicated in the west - measles, rubella, diphtheria etc.

http://samui.thaivisa.com/koh-samui-hospitals/

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

There is a good Paediatrician at Bangkok Samui hospital (Dr Donya)

Or try asking at the Samui Centre of Learning Special Needs School on the Ghost Road.

My wife will make some enquiries on Monday at the ISS

Good Luck

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

I'm going to Bkk next month with family in tow. Flying from Samui comes to over 20k return, flying from Surat is under 6k. Sure flying from Samui would be more convenient, but I would be moaning all flight. Lol. The price difference is just shocking. As we are not in a hurry Surat it is.

you need tro stop worrying. some kids are faster at picking up the basics than others need to stop pushing him he is only 2 and half years olf that is normal

i am nearly 40 and still learning to type ha ha

if the kid was 5 years old or something then there might be a problem but i think you are pre marturning worrying.

Some kids go from sitting steaight to walking some crawl some speak qicker than others but they all catch up around the same time. Then the more you push the more it may have a negiative effect.

i have noticed that to motivate your kids you have to make them want to learn. sometimes that means just oing normal stuff and tweacking their interest.

then once they start they dontr stop. i babble non stop 24/7 so enjoy while u can

bla bla bla bla bla

• Like 1