Retirement "o" And "o-A" Visa's - What Do I Do

Hello all

I'm just about to go to bed after doing a 9 1/2 hour nightshift and I'm feeling very tired

I have time to decide which visa to apply for in the UK

At the moment I am tempted to go for a single entry O visa and after 60 days apply for a 1 year retirement extension at jomtien immigration

Anyway I'm off to bed now and thanks for the replies

Sounds fine and this is going to sound a little schizo, but now reading that you aren't really DECIDED on whether you REALLY want to live in Thailand or not, I think you MIGHT want to reconsider.

PERHAPS a good choice for you specifically might be a ONE YEAR O visa from Hull (assuming you can get it). That WOULD require leaving the country every 90 days (visa runs), but would not require address reports at immigration. It would require no applications for extensions for retirement until/unless you decide to really settle in Thailand.

During your use of this visa, supposing you then decide for sure you want to settle here, you can still use that visa as a base to apply for your first annual retirement extension. For MOST people who are certain they want to retire here, this option of a year O would be overkill compared to the single entry, but perhaps you aren't most people.

This might depend on your perception of the PROBABILITY that you think you will really want to settle in Thailand. If it's very high, like 90 percent, perhaps ignore this post.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all

I'm just about to go to bed after doing a 9 1/2 hour nightshift and I'm feeling very tired

I have time to decide which visa to apply for in the UK

At the moment I am tempted to go for a single entry O visa and after 60 days apply for a 1 year retirement extension at jomtien immigration

Anyway I'm off to bed now and thanks for the replies

Sounds fine and this is going to sound a little schizo, but now reading that you aren't really DECIDED on whether you REALLY want to live in Thailand or not, I think you MIGHT want to reconsider.

PERHAPS a good choice for you specifically might be a ONE YEAR O visa from Hull (assuming you can get it). That WOULD require leaving the country every 90 days (visa runs), but would not require address reports at immigration. It would require no applications for extensions for retirement until/unless you decide to really settle in Thailand.

During your use of this visa, supposing you then decide for sure you want to settle here, you can still use that visa as a base to apply for your first annual retirement extension. For MOST people who are certain they want to retire here, this option of a year O would be overkill compared to the single entry, but perhaps you aren't most people.

This might depend on your perception of the PROBABILITY that you think you will really want to settle in Thailand. If it's very high, like 90 percent, perhaps ignore this post.

The problem for me is that my parents are both still alive and they only have me. So I feel guilty about living 6000 miles away from them. If I just had to think about myself then love to settle in Thailand