Australian Farmer Files B15M Fraud Charge Against Thai Fiance

webfact

Is there a way that I could get in touch with this Plaintive as I'm going through a very similar situation right now, maybe little worse. Perhaps we could join forces and MAKE the Thai Authorities take rectification action in our favour.[/size]

The ONE thing that I learned VERY quickly living here in Thailand is that as a foreigner you are NOTHING and much less is your LIFE worth anything to the Thailand legal system.[/size]

My case got brushed-off by a senior Thai Government Official with the comment. "Sorry, no can help you. Thai Law help Thai people only". So now, how about THAT. This Australian farmer is a very fortunate individual to still have funds available to him enabling him to sue for justice.[/size]

My Thai family, being a senior Government Official here, that's why I trusted them by-the-way, defrauded me of absolutely EVERY single DIME I possessed and then to TOP it all chased me away from their home to "go DIE" in the streets as they said at the time. Thus here I'm now stranded in Thailand without any money what-so-ever to return to my Country of origin. However, even WITH money to return I dare not do so as I'm too old to work there and therefor cannot earn myself a living there.[/size]

So, stay and be the same off here, better than to face the humiliation there where everybody know me AND know that I was a fairly wealthy citizen as well. At least, here nobody know me. Further hereto there IS, very fortunate for me, an outstanding Thai-lady here who took it upon herself to care for me but she REALLY battles doing so as she herself is extremely POOR as well as unemployed. I for the life of me simply can NOT understand how she copes with all of this but still, somehow she manages and I can but only applaud absolutely ALL of her efforts.[/size]

Any suggestions about HOW I could go about getting justice here in this, I'll rather won't say, Thai Society?[/size]

sorry about your plight but if you had a few bob as you say you must have some sort of brain,so how did you let it go on so long,didnt you see it coming or are you new to thai culture.there are quite a lot of expats in the same boat as you,your best bet is to go home surely you have someone who would help you.i have seen this happen to farangs over and over again in the last 30yrs.and i will bet it will never change.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You reap what you sow comes to mind

"Reap what you sow" How does that come to "mind" here? a Gentleman's been robbed of his hard earned cash as well as his dignity as a perfect decent human being and you can say Karma is involved here.

Surely you can only BE a Thai person because that the absolute ONLY human race who are SO utterly CHEAP and DISHONEST and pure BAD, LYING, CORRUPT and simply good for NOTHING.

Is there a way that I could get in touch with this Plaintive as I'm going through a very similar situation right now, maybe little worse. Perhaps we could join forces and MAKE the Thai Authorities take rectification action in our favour.[/size]

The ONE thing that I learned VERY quickly living here in Thailand is that as a foreigner you are NOTHING and much less is your LIFE worth anything to the Thailand legal system.[/size]

My case got brushed-off by a senior Thai Government Official with the comment. "Sorry, no can help you. Thai Law help Thai people only". So now, how about THAT. This Australian farmer is a very fortunate individual to still have funds available to him enabling him to sue for justice.[/size]

My Thai family, being a senior Government Official here, that's why I trusted them by-the-way, defrauded me of absolutely EVERY single DIME I possessed and then to TOP it all chased me away from their home to "go DIE" in the streets as they said at the time. Thus here I'm now stranded in Thailand without any money what-so-ever to return to my Country of origin. However, even WITH money to return I dare not do so as I'm too old to work there and therefor cannot earn myself a living there.[/size]

So, stay and be the same off here, better than to face the humiliation there where everybody know me AND know that I was a fairly wealthy citizen as well. At least, here nobody know me. Further hereto there IS, very fortunate for me, an outstanding Thai-lady here who took it upon herself to care for me but she REALLY battles doing so as she herself is extremely POOR as well as unemployed. I for the life of me simply can NOT understand how she copes with all of this but still, somehow she manages and I can but only applaud absolutely ALL of her efforts.[/size]

Any suggestions about HOW I could go about getting justice here in this, I'll rather won't say, Thai Society?[/size]

sorry about your plight but if you had a few bob as you say you must have some sort of brain,so how did you let it go on so long,didnt you see it coming or are you new to thai culture.there are quite a lot of expats in the same boat as you,your best bet is to go home surely you have someone who would help you.i have seen this happen to farangs over and over again in the last 30yrs.and i will bet it will never change.

Thank you for sympathising with my situation. However I don't appreciate your insinuation being "brain-weak" so to speak okay. How do you know that this went on for an extensive period of time? I got caught by my LEGITIMATE Thai wife AFTER being very happily married to her for EIGHT years. Please tell me HOW does one NOT trust your wife after eight years of decent honorable behaviour?

And NO, where I came from there's absolutely NO ONE there who'd take care of me AND in the current political situation there all WHITE people's lives are 100% worthless. The blacks there kill WHITES just for the heck-of-it and there's NO justice for the WHITES there in South Africa. Go google this matter about South Africa and the WHITE Genocide there for youself and you'll SEE exactly what I'm talking about.

From your comment I can but only conclude that you're a Thai individual, am I correct? Therefore I really HAVE to applaud YOUR acknowledgement that Thai people in general are sly. (That be being UNTRUSTWORTHY and DISHONEST). I say this as I derived it from your own remark above, and I quote YOU:- "didnt you see it coming or are you new to thai culture." "New to Thai culture", thus Thai culture according to you would be to STEEL from others.

Furthermore I appreciate your warning to ALL immigrants to Thailand by admitting that this situation will NEVER ever change. In other words you're warning farangs to NEVER trust Thai's and to NOT entrust anything to them. Finally from your comment I can positively say THIS much. I'm very PLEASED to know at least ONE decent and HONEST Thai person. YOU. Although not in person but at least through communication. I thank you and have to tell you this, YOU'VE earned my RESPECT due tou you being decent and honest.

Edited by Robi Schwab
  • Like 1

I'm really sorry for your situation! For what is worth... Have you tried to get advise from your embassy?

Thank you sincerely my friend. And YES, your short POWERFUL comment DOES comfort me okay. It HELPS a great deal to KNOW there's still people out there who really CARES for the trails and tribulations of their fellows.

To answer to your question, it's a big positive YES. However the South African Embassy don't REALLY care about their WHITE citizen's welfare. So needless to comment any further.

robi schwabs story sounds as if its a troll,loseing all his money and he never saw it coming,your coming across as a very hurtfull person.never mind what country you live in there are always people that will rob their own kind.you need to read the family and divorce forum before you criticize members who read these stories every day some are so far fetched thier hard to believe but they do happen.did you expect everyone to sympathize with you,you dont get robbed of all your assets without taking your eye off the ball,so come on dont be so bitter your the one that posted your story to add to the op.and just for the record i am not thai but an expat who has made good by marrying the right person[24yrs] but both of us never spend a penny[bht]without the otherone knowing that is what is meant by keeping one's eye on the ball.

• Like 2

Thank you for sympathising with my situation. However I don't appreciate your insinuation being "brain-weak" so to speak okay. How do you know that this went on for an extensive period of time? I got caught by my LEGITIMATE Thai wife AFTER being very happily married to her for EIGHT years. Please tell me HOW does one NOT trust your wife after eight years of decent honorable behaviour?

And NO, where I came from there's absolutely NO ONE there who'd take care of me AND in the current political situation there all WHITE people's lives are 100% worthless. The blacks there kill WHITES just for the heck-of-it and there's NO justice for the WHITES there in South Africa. Go google this matter about South Africa and the WHITE Genocide there for youself and you'll SEE exactly what I'm talking about.

From your comment I can but only conclude that you're a Thai individual, am I correct? Therefore I really HAVE to applaud YOUR acknowledgement that Thai people in general are sly. (That be being UNTRUSTWORTHY and DISHONEST). I say this as I derived it from your own remark above, and I quote YOU:- "didnt you see it coming or are you new to thai culture." "New to Thai culture", thus Thai culture according to you would be to STEEL from others.

Furthermore I appreciate your warning to ALL immigrants to Thailand by admitting that this situation will NEVER ever change. In other words you're warning farangs to NEVER trust Thai's and to NOT entrust anything to them. Finally from your comment I can positively say THIS much. I'm very PLEASED to know at least ONE decent and HONEST Thai person. YOU. Although not in person but at least through communication. I thank you and have to tell you this, YOU'VE earned my RESPECT due tou you being decent and honest.

Here is may spin after leaning the hard way via as a turned out a rather nasty white EX-SA wife...rolleyes.gif...dont fully trust anybody...look out for number 1 always...yourself...we all go through life wanting to truely trust people but in most cases you will be let down by those people at some point in time, at the end of the day the only person you can really trust is yourself.

Just because someone has been with someone for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years this doesnt mean 100% something is not going to change...it very naive to even think that

As to your point about "white-genocide" in SA me thinks you are exaggerating a little...there is no "planned/goverment sponsored "genocide" against whites....is the justice system a complete waste of time...yes...is there rampant corruption through the country..yes...its not just white peoples lives that are worthless....its human life genrally that is worthless in SA

• Like 2

The problem is that within families there are completely different types of people. I loaned a small (to me) amount to my BIL and it was repaid in full, with interest and much gratitude. He and his wife remain friends and a conduit to my step-daughters. About the rest of them, the less said the better.

I'm really sorry for your situation! For what is worth... Have you tried to get advise from your embassy?

Thank you sincerely my friend. And YES, your short POWERFUL comment DOES comfort me okay. It HELPS a great deal to KNOW there's still people out there who really CARES for the trails and tribulations of their fellows.

To answer to your question, it's a big positive YES. However the South African Embassy don't REALLY care about their WHITE citizen's welfare. So needless to comment any further.

The SA embassy along with most embassies will not get involved with things like this, it not a case of not caring about their citizen's welfare, white or otherwise it not their business, the only help you will get is list of lawyers from them...what do you expect them to do ?.....pay for your ticket home.?

Also please get a bit dignity and stop playing the race card.... You have played a part in the circumstances you find yourself in today, you cant expect a goverment to pull you out of that predicment, in part at least its your doing...

• Like 1

People get cleaned out by their wifes, ex-wives, girlfriends all over the world. What I can't understand, is why anybody would by properies, open bank accounts, and other high end purchases and put them in someone else s name. I don't think they would do it in their own country, so why do it here?

I love these threads.

Just reminds me not to make the mistakes that many have made. A nice reminder like this every few months or so should keep me and my hard-earned money relatively safe from theiving hands.

• Like 2

People get cleaned out by their wifes, ex-wives, girlfriends all over the world. What I can't understand, is why anybody would by properies, open bank accounts, and other high end purchases and put them in someone else s name. I don't think they would do it in their own country, so why do it here?

Excellent question.

I suppose they have been blinded by months, if not years of lying, so they trust their partner.

Also they almost always are allowing the other partner to set the agenda and they are simply led sometimes passively following, sometimes digging their heels in a little but never leading, never making their own decisions, never being proactive and rarely viewing each proposition with any advice other than that of their partner.

• Like 1

or I suppose you could also say, if you do, certainly in the case of property fully understand what you are getting into and understand one day you may have to walk away from it or lose it...this is certainly the way I have approached it. If everything ever did go t*ts up with myself and Mrs Soutpeel, the money I have paying into the mortage on the place is no more than I would have normally spent on rent anyway, which would have been dead money anyway.

If everyhing did go pear shaped tomorrow could I just walk away and start over....yes very easily

My primary money and investments are kept well away from Thailand and the only other people who could get acess to it in case of my demise would be my parents, and if they aint around anymore, my brother, and either my parents or brother will decide how things are divvied up in terms of my affairs outside of Thailand

• Like 1

I have met a few men who have suffered the same and have lost their all .

I warned one friend at his wedding reception that he was about to be taken to the cleaners .

He has been , robbed of all his capital , two houses and three cars .

ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .

There are some good women/wives among them , but many are just thieves without scruple .

I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones .

I cannot believe how foolish and naive foreign men are .

coming from a more advanced civilization , they make the mistake of equating Thais with themselves .

Thailand is like a venus fly trap .

Many women have already been married and have children , there shouldn't be a bride price for second hand goods .

Bt2,900,000 was a rediculous sum to pay to get married !

ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .

Preposterous, Thai women are human being, they can fall in love like every one and then don't give a damn for money some men have no brain, no real sense of humour, no conversation, have pale personality...and to complete the picture why not poor lovers...but with a little money (and little brain), of course they will be more than easy preys, since they are thousands we heard thousands of similar stories! Yes only in Thailand I agree...but do you know many countries with so many (stupid) sex tourists, not to mention the booze when they are in LOS. On top of it with such a disproportion in incomes with the natives? If the daily salary was around 8€ or 12$ in the western world and 100€ or$ in Thailand probably we'll heard stories the other way. I do not try to defend the Thai women, but I'm sorry, too many men are stupid when they (maybe) have had problems all their live to find a decent partner in their own countries, once in Thailand they do believe they became in 48 hours the handsum men they've been told cheesy.gif ! Sorry again most of the time I do not shed a tear wai.gif

Thai system, as you can see it every day. Honesty is a thing which not exists in this country. I am sure the Thai legal system will find a way to protect the conning woman and accuse the Australian farmer, because he is a farang.

It's likely to cost her a significant amount to keep the Thai legal system on her side, this chap seems to know what he has to do, Thai lawyer, Thai interpreter, no doubt Aussie legal support and if she is running some scam operation in false visa applications to Auss then Aussie immigration will start taking an interest, then she has the potential for judicial action against her in Aus.

It may well suit the Thai's to think carefully about the benefits of throwing this bitch to her fate in open court.

• Like 1

robi schwabs story sounds as if its a troll,loseing all his money and he never saw it coming,your coming across as a very hurtfull person.never mind what country you live in there are always people that will rob their own kind.you need to read the family and divorce forum before you criticize members who read these stories every day some are so far fetched thier hard to believe but they do happen.did you expect everyone to sympathize with you,you dont get robbed of all your assets without taking your eye off the ball,so come on dont be so bitter your the one that posted your story to add to the op.and just for the record i am not thai but an expat who has made good by marrying the right person[24yrs] but both of us never spend a penny[bht]without the otherone knowing that is what is meant by keeping one's eye on the ball.

"Very hurtful person"? I'd openly admit to "a very hurt person" rather than "hurtful". "Never saw it coming"? Damn right you are, I didn't. (I never hurt others in any way, so naturally I trust other and don't expect to get hurt by them. As for "no matter what country you live". Sure, there WILL always be thiefs everywhare all over the world BUT at least in the OTHER countries there's justice for ALL. Not like Thailand where there's justice ONLY for Thais. "Before criticizing member reading here". Show me where I criticized anyone here. (For my take on this comment, I'll refrain to share).

"Did you expect everyone to sympathize with you here"? Now THIS comment makes me seriously DOUBT my initial (good) impression of you. READ again, I in NO way, not ONCE ever asked ANYONE to sympathize, I merely inquired how I could get in contact with this plaintive from Australia as well as if anybody knew some way through which I perhaps could obtain JUSTICE on my matter here in Thailand. "Taking my eye of the ball"? Can you read my friend? I already TOLD you just THAT. YES, my eye WAS of the ball, my big MISTAKE, that's why I'm asking if there's a way to get JUSTICE here in Thailand. (Never EVER will I trust ANYONE again).

"Sound so bitter"? Does that surprise you considering what I went through? (Can you not read the part where I said "married for EIGHT happy honest YEARS"). So you're NOT Thai but you were fortunate to get that rare honest Thai-lady to marry. I'd say this is GOOD for you, good luck to you AND her.

"You view me as a troll"? If LIFE ever taught me something, it's THIS. People ALWAYS view OTHERS exactly from what they see in a mirror.

The SA embassy along with most embassies will not get involved with things like this, it not a case of not caring about their citizen's welfare, white or otherwise it not their business, the only help you will get is list of lawyers from them...what do you expect them to do ?.....pay for your ticket home.?

Also please get a bit dignity and stop playing the race card.... You have played a part in the circumstances you find yourself in today, you cant expect a goverment to pull you out of that predicment, in part at least its your doing...

Not much further to be said on this. Except for, You are as st.... as they come. "Stop playing the race card"? I'm playing NOTHING. You DON'T know NOTHING so don't comment.

robi save your money,the only ones that will win will be the lawyers oh and your ex,and if you want some advice if your not yet divorced dont let her stew,cause bet your btm.dollar she will want to do this again.