Australian Farmer Files B15M Fraud Charge Against Thai Fiance

webfact

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comment: "The first Asian ladies I scored" is the great give away. It's this view of Asians, and for you probably all women, that sets up the "us versus them" thing. I never think of any of my encounters with woman as "scores". They are all personal relationships. You can share in the responsibility of MacCurley's loss, because you part of the problem.

You're getting too tied up with semantics. "Score", "get", "find", "meet" a girlfriend/wife.... same same.

It was a tongue in cheek way of describing my first relationships. One of those "scores" scored a house. The other scored quite well too.biggrin.png

Throw out your dictionary when you're communicating with Aussies... or get a new one. It may save you from making unfounded conclusions.

As a fellow Aussie I know exactly where you are coming from. geez some people even get offended if an Aussie calls them an old bastard when it is a term of affection.

Yeah, and what about when Aussies start calling their wives/girls "bitches"? - another odd term of affection....or their wives "old ladies"?

"The fact of the matter is that many Australian farmers are as dumb as rocks"

"Cashed up and as dumb as a rock...every Tirraks dream man"

Moreso than any other farmers? I don't agree. Naive, yes, but the difference is the forked tongue women one can find here - seem to be able to take everybody for a ride.

except Russians?

Are you saying that nobody ever pulled a fast one on you?

I think he might do better to sue her in Australian court if any of the offences (promises, etc) occurred there. At least he could predict an end date. Might give him an action which could be registered with the Thai courts.

I think Thais should be told what a dowry is... and who pays who.

The Thai sin sot thing is an old fashioned custom. The original intention of it was to provide funds in "trust" for the mother to hold for the daughter in the event that the husband left the daughter it was supposed to be a security thing. Over the years this sin sot has been abused and misunderstood even by Thais who now see it as way to gain face or obtain cash. Most foreigners aren't aware of the original intention of sin sot. It has long since outlived its usefulness and purpose. It is merely another game that is run by Thais.

Moreso than any other farmers? I don't agree. Naive, yes, but the difference is the forked tongue women one can find here - seem to be able to take everybody for a ride.

except Russians?

I think he might do better to sue her in Australian court if any of the offences (promises, etc) occurred there. At least he could predict an end date. Might give him an action which could be registered with the Thai courts.

She can be tried and convicted in both counties. Normally the criminal is convicted in their own country first and then can be extradited to Australia to face charges there too.

It is classed as an international crime because it was perpetrated in both countries. Though it is highly unlikely that Australia would pursue an extradition, but there is the treaty in place between the countries and if Thailand fails to convict her because she has obviously paid off the right people with some of the stolen money, then chances are that Australia may want her to face trial.

It is $500,000 we are talking about here. It is well enough to file for extradition.

Edited by klubex99

If a farang has come on holiday , met the girl of his dreams, its no different where ever he meets her . Sadly maybe he didnt kow of the scams that go on here , who would ? Its the same when tourists come , stay at a fairly decent hotel , then die of some weird poisoning, who who have thought that ? People go to travel agents, book tickets and come , their not all arm chair masterminds like most of you lot. Reading some of the posts on here and the bitterness towards this Australian man , shame on you . Maybe you are just as bitter as you were ripped off years ago or maybe you have never been here . It happens too often that farangs get ripped off , but saying that , there really isnt any advice you can give , as you never think it would happen to you , and thats even of you know what goes on here .

My advice is , Never get involved with a woman here other than for 1 night , then send her packing , before she packs everything of yours and sends you home with nothing .

" Never get involved with a woman here other than for one night." I'm wondering if you ever had a long lasting relationship. I'm happily married to SUCH an evil Thai woman since 11 years and we still love each other.

Your post is insane.-wai2.gif

I would be interested in having my story heard, my thai wife took a similar amount from me, while enjoying relationships with thai bfs when I was not in Thailand. When I refused further funds she started divorce proceedings to get her half of the marital property. I am fighting her in court. Maybe a "class action" might bring world eide attention to these scammmers!!

• Like 2

Thailand is a top destination for sex tourism. Men come, have sex, enjoy and leave. I've always thought that that was wrong but after been here for many years I've changed my mind. They deserve it! And I'm surprised that there is such a small number of homicides in this country...

Why didnt he do a simple check on - sin sod. Farangs don't have to pay one baht to marry these village girls because she has already been married atleast once in her teens and probably in her twenties as well.

If they insist you pay then simply walk away. Plenty of other girls out there.

She is used or damaged goods which is why she was sent to OZ to work in the fields.

Village Thai's pay about 20,000 - 50-000 baht sin sod depending on their circumstances.

Most experienced farangs in Thailand dont get into this sort of mess because they avoid girls who hang out in farang districts like the plague. If you come to Thailand looking for sex and marriage you're a sitting wood duck.

Its easier to get married in Thailand than find a decent block of cheese in the shops.

The Australian was told he had to pay 3 million to marry her ? And he paid it ? He must of been desperately lonely. She knew this.

Foreign men never learn... Theyre absolute suckers. he will be lucky to see one baht of that money again.Ask her Thai men !

Thai girls arent the slightest bit interested in middle aged farangs for love.. If they see a window of opportunity they will dive straight through it. MONEY

Its always about your money and security for her and her children and family.

Was this Thai woman still married to a Thai man or does she have a minor husband?

There will be aThai man. There almost always is.

Farangs always emphatically deny their wives have Thai men in the wings reaping the financial rewards....cash,houses etc.

"my wife loves me "

Edited by jalansanitwong

except Russians?

Just how would an Australian court impose enforceable penalties on a Thai national in Thailand, whether it is fines or a jail sentence? In the OP it mentions he was aware the Thai lady was involved in fraudulent visa applications for her clients. OP doesn't mention if he reported this matter to Australian authorities. Speculation, but if he reported this issue he would have a lot better chance of a criminal conviction and possible extradition than fraud in Thailand.

For 12 million baht highly unlikely that an extradition request would be applied for by the Australian courts or granted by Thai government. In any case I would have thought that a defence lawyer would run rings around him given that he sent funds over a three year period to support a business that appears to have had zero viability.

I have one in Phayao they can go arrest too... sick.gif can we join a sad ripped off old man' club?

Do tell more, sounds like someone I know as well and have been wondering what she was up to.

Som nam na

What a nice fellow you are, your mum must be so proud. Never understood this line. He is naive, stupid even, and got ripped off but why does it serve him right? Has he personally done something to you or are you just towing that TV line of cynicism?

• Like 1

While I am a great supporter of love, I am thinking that $500k would buy you a lot of low stress fun in Pattaya.

I would do the math, but I'm completely exhausted after the calculations on the 100mn baht sin sod thread. :(

Just returned from the supermarket. There is a large sign on display at the onion boxes.

' No Onions from supplier today '

I asked the manager why there were no onions and he said his supplier was almost in tears due to financial problems. Possibly B15M in the red ??

seems the price of onions is set to rise .....

Check the classifieds to see if there is any onion farms going cheap ....

I've never lost more than a total of 3000 Baht to a Thai woman and damn proud of it! If they are hungry, then give them food. If they are thirsty then give them water. If they need help for a loan, then take them to a loan operator and explain how they are responsible. I have seen many man complain how the woman is bad and how could he have trusted her for so long. But they fail to realize, that by throwing money at them you are corrupting their expectations and changing them. Tough love is hard but it is the only way to insure that a simple girl isn't changed through being spoiled or mislead by temptation. If you find a woman ready to hang with that then maybe, just maybe it can last.

What an idiot the guy is proving yet again that love can't be bought. I spent a few years living in country Australia and was shocked to see how some Aussie farmers treated their Asian wives. Karma rules! If you check the wholesale price of onions. $0.5 million is a lot of onions which makes me wonder if onions are his only crop. Unless the guy arranged for the funds to be paid in in a well documented contractual manner it may be that the lady hasn't broken any laws. Even if convicted it will be difficult to get money back if she is broke which she will be if she is half clever. If he feels bad about the whole thing he could move to UK where any old slapper who can sleep under yr roof for 6 months becomes a defacto spouse with entitlement to suit. If he had a few half decent sh*gs with a half decent girl he may have come out of it fairly well considering his options at home or other Western countries where it's getting harder to tell which girls are pregnant and which ones just have a beer gut to show off

It sounds as tho he did it through solicitors in Australia as they came over to inspect the business and found it to be closed down. He hasn't just got off a flight and stormed into a Police Station either. Sounds as tho he has pre arranged a Thai legal team and an interpreter which may have been arranged by his Aussie legal team.

The majority of the large agricultural businesses in Australia use transient workers (backpakers) and those on 457 visa's. A lot of people sourced from S/E Asia via agencies for the harvest season. I would say this guy used these agencies and his "fiancee" was a 457 holder. I believe the guy saw what he perceived as a good venture cutting out the middle man and also providing his service to other farmers for a nice return. The business was probably established using Australian/Thai lawyers and he believed using his future wife as the majority partner (51%) was a safe bet and it keeps it in the family. He didn't just meet her in bar and fell in love after she said he was so handsome and sexy. He had known her for approximately 3 yrs.

It is not easy to transfer this amount of money out of Australia and it would have been via solicitors for the business and that would be why he is armed with legal/business documents. The lawyer representing him in Thailand is possibly the Thai arm of his team who helped establish the business in Thailand.

Just my thoughts.

Any Thai woman who appears to love a man with dirt behind his fingernails should be immediately looked at with suspicion. I haven't met one yet who isn't a stickler about my manicure.

• Like 1

What an idiot the guy is proving yet again that love can't be bought. I spent a few years living in country Australia and was shocked to see how some Aussie farmers treated their Asian wives. Karma rules! If you check the wholesale price of onions. $0.5 million is a lot of onions which makes me wonder if onions are his only crop. Unless the guy arranged for the funds to be paid in in a well documented contractual manner it may be that the lady hasn't broken any laws. Even if convicted it will be difficult to get money back if she is broke which she will be if she is half clever. If he feels bad about the whole thing he could move to UK where any old slapper who can sleep under yr roof for 6 months becomes a defacto spouse with entitlement to suit. If he had a few half decent sh*gs with a half decent girl he may have come out of it fairly well considering his options at home or other Western countries where it's getting harder to tell which girls are pregnant and which ones just have a beer gut to show off

It sounds as tho he did it through solicitors in Australia as they came over to inspect the business and found it to be closed down. He hasn't just got off a flight and stormed into a Police Station either. Sounds as tho he has pre arranged a Thai legal team and an interpreter which may have been arranged by his Aussie legal team.

The majority of the large agricultural businesses in Australia use transient workers (backpakers) and those on 457 visa's. A lot of people sourced from S/E Asia via agencies for the harvest season. I would say this guy used these agencies and his "fiancee" was a 457 holder. I believe the guy saw what he perceived as a good venture cutting out the middle man and also providing his service to other farmers for a nice return. The business was probably established using Australian/Thai lawyers and he believed using his future wife as the majority partner (51%) was a safe bet and it keeps it in the family. He didn't just meet her in bar and fell in love after she said he was so handsome and sexy. He had known her for approximately 3 yrs.

It is not easy to transfer this amount of money out of Australia and it would have been via solicitors for the business and that would be why he is armed with legal/business documents. The lawyer representing him in Thailand is possibly the Thai arm of his team who helped establish the business in Thailand.

Just my thoughts.

Probably the most open minded and accurate post so far.

@ simple1

It was 15 million not 12, and even if it was only 10 million, The courts in Australia almost certainly would apply for extradition..... why?

Because it is a high level crime, its not as if she stole a tube of toothpaste from a chemist, its half a million bucks.

It is not up to the courts to decide if it is worth pursuing, It is up to the courts to see that justice is done. It is their duty to support a conviction especially knowing how corrupt the Thai law system is, that just adds more fuel to the need for extradition. The treaty exists that should a person or persons commit a crime that is punishable by a custodial sentence then it is an application for extradition can be made.

This guy is lawyered up, and the lawyers will petition the court to apply for extradition and the courts can NOT refuse. Or risk being seen to not be upholding the law, which is their number one duty. They don't have the power to make a decision on the victim's fate, they have to go by the measure of the law. Anyway, it is not their decision, they refer it to the Attorney General, and he/she makes the decision.

It is more up to the Thai government whether or not they hand her over. But I doubt the Thai authorities would not want to piss off the Ausies by refusing. Its not like she is facing the death penalty. Australia and Thailand have reciprocated plenty of times in the past, no reason to assume anyone would block it.

Anyone thinking that a $500,000 fraud case is not worthy of extradition, they should read the Patrick Pretty Blog archives, there are plenty of extraditions going on for much less than that figure, mostly people running internet pyramid scams. Some for less than $100,000

Edited by klubex99

Your comment: "The first Asian ladies I scored" is the great give away. It's this view of Asians, and for you probably all women, that sets up the "us versus them" thing. I never think of any of my encounters with woman as "scores". They are all personal relationships. You can share in the responsibility of MacCurley's loss, because you part of the problem.

You're getting too tied up with semantics. "Score", "get", "find", "meet" a girlfriend/wife.... same same.

It was a tongue in cheek way of describing my first relationships. One of those "scores" scored a house. The other scored quite well too.biggrin.png

Throw out your dictionary when you're communicating with Aussies... or get a new one. It may save you from making unfounded conclusions.

I am an Australian and know the lingo well, thanks. It is precisely the connotation of the word "score" when referring to a girlfriend, as some sort of reward in a sport, that I am referring to. No I will not throw away my dictionary. In Fact I suggest you buy yourself a big fat Macquarie Dictionary, and get educated. The attitude of so many "Aussies" "scoring" in Thailand is shaming the nation.

With as grass roots an experience in Australia as anyone here, having worked in sheering sheds, meat works, been cattle droving, worked on building sites, you name it, but I also know what the inside of the languages department of a University looks like. .. and have taught English in Scandinavia. With 40+ years in Australia and 20+ elsewhere, I feel qualified enough to make the statement you criticise.

around half a million USD.

im impressed

I'm not but I am also not surprised either. If you are willing to throw money at them they will take it with a relentless zeal.

In China they kill female babies at birth but here they consider that they have won the lottery.

Female children have it instilled in them from the moment they are eating solid food that it is their sole mission in life to provide for their parents (and everyone else in the family as well)

Why has the realm got more than two million hookers working full time (plus others on a casual basis holding down other jobs) performing sexual gymnastics and sending the proceeds back home.

In some socioeconomic circles yes and the God = money philosophy doesn't help. There's at least 30 million females in Thailand so your figures work out about 6.66% + casual basis. The other 94% or so seems to be leading a different lifestyle

He actually deserves it. Anyone stupid enough to transfer that much money to someone you hardly know is a fool and that is in any country. I had a Thai GF for years, helped her a bit, then it came to a head a couple of years ago where she wanted me to buy land in Ubon province to setup a rubber tree plantation. Do you really think I would invest my life savings in a country that prohibits foreign ownership of land and a business and is thoroughly corrupt? Its over, but I face the reality. She was a lovely girl and I will always care for her but to invest money in Thailand and doing business with Thais? Only one way that will ever happen is if I hold a Thai passport and fluent in Thai. Dont be stupid guys, better to be alone, financially secure, want a scr**, engage on a contract basis. Sad but true. Keep your money and house in your own country because Thais cannot be trusted at any level.

Just my thoughts.

@ simple1

It was 15 million not 12, and even if it was only 10 million, The courts in Australia almost certainly would apply for extradition..... why?

Because it is a high level crime, its not as if she stole a tube of toothpaste from a chemist, its half a million bucks.

It is not up to the courts to decide if it is worth pursuing, It is up to the courts to see that justice is done. It is their duty to support a conviction especially knowing how corrupt the Thai law system is, that just adds more fuel to the need for extradition. The treaty exists that should a person or persons commit a crime that is punishable by a custodial sentence then it is an application for extradition can be made.

This guy is lawyered up, and the lawyers will petition the court to apply for extradition and the courts can NOT refuse. Or risk being seen to not be upholding the law, which is their number one duty. They don't have the power to make a decision on the victim's fate, they have to go by the measure of the law. Anyway, it is not their decision, they refer it to the Attorney General, and he/she makes the decision.

It is more up to the Thai government whether or not they hand her over. But I doubt the Thai authorities would not want to piss off the Ausies by refusing. Its not like she is facing the death penalty. Australia and Thailand have reciprocated plenty of times in the past, no reason to assume anyone would block it.

Anyone thinking that a $500,000 fraud case is not worthy of extradition, they should read the Patrick Pretty Blog archives, there are plenty of extraditions going on for much less than that figure, mostly people running internet pyramid scams. Some for less than $100,000

Don't believe paying of sin sot is covered by Australian law, so 12m baht. You believe Thai authorities would be shaking in their boots by declining to extradite a Thai national to Australia for commercial fraud committed in Thailand?

The guy had complete responsibility for his decisions to make payments over a three year period, for what appears to have been a failed business venture from the start. Paying 12m baht for operational expenses over 3 years for apparently no return? Get real.

BTW Patrick Pretty is US based & seems to focus on Ponzi schemes and money laundering in the US. What's his track record for assisting in fraud cases in the Australian jurisdiction?

Goog luck to the man if his lawyer/s can get a conviction in a Thai court, but she will be out on bail as the appeals process goes on for years.

Edited by simple1

learning school in australia for thai student, but situated in thailand?

and sending 12 million for operational costs? for what? a few computers ?

and the bargain price of 2,99 looooooooooooooooooooooooool

he got milked, like he does his cows everyday

better stick to what you know

I have met a few men who have suffered the same and have lost their all .

I warned one friend at his wedding reception that he was about to be taken to the cleaners .

He has been , robbed of all his capital , two houses and three cars .

ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .

There are some good women/wives among them , but many are just thieves without scruple .

I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones .

I cannot believe how foolish and naive foreign men are .

coming from a more advanced civilization , they make the mistake of equating Thais with themselves .

Thailand is like a venus fly trap .

Many women have already been married and have children , there shouldn't be a bride price for second hand goods .

Bt2,900,000 was a rediculous sum to pay to get married !

So your wife is ONLY interested in you for money...?...(as you say in the fourth line of your post)

That's sad...., that you recognise this and accept it.....I don't understand how you can then say that.." I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones...".....sounds sort of contradictory to me.....sad.png

Just my thoughts.

@ simple1

Wrong...

Why would Australia extradite someone for an a crime committed in Thailand.

• Like 1

I have met a few men who have suffered the same and have lost their all .

I warned one friend at his wedding reception that he was about to be taken to the cleaners .

He has been , robbed of all his capital , two houses and three cars .

ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .

There are some good women/wives among them , but many are just thieves without scruple .

I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones .

I cannot believe how foolish and naive foreign men are .

coming from a more advanced civilization , they make the mistake of equating Thais with themselves .

Thailand is like a venus fly trap .

Many women have already been married and have children , there shouldn't be a bride price for second hand goods .

Bt2,900,000 was a rediculous sum to pay to get married !

So your wife is ONLY interested in you for money...?...(as you say in the fourth line of your post)

That's sad...., that you recognise this and accept it.....I don't understand how you can then say that.." I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones...".....sounds sort of contradictory to me.....sad.png

I believe there are far more farangs married to good thai women than the bad ones people complain about on here. I think most of the horror stories you hear concern men who have married bargirls. I don't personally know of anyone who has had a bad experience with a thai woman but I know quite a few who have been in longterm (years) relationships and are extremely happy. No money/sinsots changing hands no payments for broken bicycles or sick buffalos but just normal happy families that you could expect to find anywhere.

• Like 1