Australian Farmer Files B15M Fraud Charge Against Thai Fiance

webfact

What an idiot the guy is proving yet again that love can't be bought. I spent a few years living in country Australia and was shocked to see how some Aussie farmers treated their Asian wives. Karma rules! If you check the wholesale price of onions. $0.5 million is a lot of onions which makes me wonder if onions are his only crop. Unless the guy arranged for the funds to be paid in in a well documented contractual manner it may be that the lady hasn't broken any laws. Even if convicted it will be difficult to get money back if she is broke which she will be if she is half clever. If he feels bad about the whole thing he could move to UK where any old slapper who can sleep under yr roof for 6 months becomes a defacto spouse with entitlement to suit. If he had a few half decent sh*gs with a half decent girl he may have come out of it fairly well considering his options at home or other Western countries where it's getting harder to tell which girls are pregnant and which ones just have a beer gut to show off

It sounds as tho he did it through solicitors in Australia as they came over to inspect the business and found it to be closed down. He hasn't just got off a flight and stormed into a Police Station either. Sounds as tho he has pre arranged a Thai legal team and an interpreter which may have been arranged by his Aussie legal team.

The majority of the large agricultural businesses in Australia use transient workers (backpakers) and those on 457 visa's. A lot of people sourced from S/E Asia via agencies for the harvest season. I would say this guy used these agencies and his "fiancee" was a 457 holder. I believe the guy saw what he perceived as a good venture cutting out the middle man and also providing his service to other farmers for a nice return. The business was probably established using Australian/Thai lawyers and he believed using his future wife as the majority partner (51%) was a safe bet and it keeps it in the family. He didn't just meet her in bar and fell in love after she said he was so handsome and sexy. He had known her for approximately 3 yrs.

It is not easy to transfer this amount of money out of Australia and it would have been via solicitors for the business and that would be why he is armed with legal/business documents. The lawyer representing him in Thailand is possibly the Thai arm of his team who helped establish the business in Thailand.

Just my thoughts.

Probably the most open minded and accurate post so far.

@ simple1

It was 15 million not 12, and even if it was only 10 million, The courts in Australia almost certainly would apply for extradition..... why?

Because it is a high level crime, its not as if she stole a tube of toothpaste from a chemist, its half a million bucks.

It is not up to the courts to decide if it is worth pursuing, It is up to the courts to see that justice is done. It is their duty to support a conviction especially knowing how corrupt the Thai law system is, that just adds more fuel to the need for extradition. The treaty exists that should a person or persons commit a crime that is punishable by a custodial sentence then it is an application for extradition can be made.

This guy is lawyered up, and the lawyers will petition the court to apply for extradition and the courts can NOT refuse. Or risk being seen to not be upholding the law, which is their number one duty. They don't have the power to make a decision on the victim's fate, they have to go by the measure of the law. Anyway, it is not their decision, they refer it to the Attorney General, and he/she makes the decision.

It is more up to the Thai government whether or not they hand her over. But I doubt the Thai authorities would not want to piss off the Ausies by refusing. Its not like she is facing the death penalty. Australia and Thailand have reciprocated plenty of times in the past, no reason to assume anyone would block it.

Anyone thinking that a $500,000 fraud case is not worthy of extradition, they should read the Patrick Pretty Blog archives, there are plenty of extraditions going on for much less than that figure, mostly people running internet pyramid scams. Some for less than $100,000

Wrong...

Why would Australia extradite someone for an a crime committed in Thailand.

Wake up.

Ask professor Google, he

will show you many instances of Australia extraditing people both Thai

and Aussie to Thailand for crimes committed in Thailand. But who's even

talking about Aussies extraditing her to Thailand, if you can read

straight, then you would know that we are talking about Thailand

extraditing a criminal to Australia for a crime she initiated and

committed between the 2 countries and is grounds for extradition.

Just like that Peado that was extradited to the UK from Thailand for Paedo crimes he committed in Thailand.

I will accept that you are blissfully ignorant.

I wouldn't bother to respond, because judging by your irrelevant comments, its showing that your argument is sinking fast. All you will be doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all been done before.... Sometimes I must ask myself why I need to postanything at all! (Why beat a dead horse!?) Perhaps onion farmers are trusting souls...I do see that he did the right thing by paying the hefty Sin Sod before getting tossed in the salad bowl. Perhaps I have learned something valuable here today. Stay away from the onion fields? Strawberry gals are much sweeter and sound more exciting than onion-pickers with 3 million bath price tags. As for my belabored posting.....its just fun see my picture on TV. Oh yeah....I lost a ton of cash to a savvy gal and cried for years....not an onion it sight. Now that's newsy. One other thing.....onion pickers work harder and dig deeper. Strawberry pickers merely pluck.

Then again, he was fool enough to outlay all that money ......

....But he was in Love!!!.... Just today I met another "old" guy who sounded like he was falling into a 'honey-trap' with a girl from Roi Et......poor bastard, all starry-eyed and everything...I didn't have the heart to suggest possibilities. On the other hand who am I to judgewhistling.gif

i dont know where to start with this..... thai women have no morals. my last thaigirlfriend would sell her mother to get money. nasty people.

I think you may be generalising a bit there. There are bad ones for sure and this looks like it's one of them but there are good Thai women out there. At least that's what my Thai wife tells me.

This kind of thing makes it difficult for honest Thai women as it gives the a bad name in the same way that honest farangs get a bad name when one of them isn't honest.

well tell your wife to let us know so that 1 of us may meet the said lady

Jesus wept she's a munter into the bargain...... I cannot fathom how good she musta been in the sack for him to hand over the dosh.

508362.jpg

maybe first in the sack, she emptied the money sack as well as the other

He didn't really know his onions

Some of these ladies are very good con artists and knoe their onions

Shame but love his attitude, on plane with lawyer, interpreter, documents. Getting the media invoved. Most people would try to hide under a stone for being so stupid and gulible.

She must have been a stunner for 3 million sinsod

Anyone putting money on him seeing any of his money

"The fact of the matter is that many Australian farmers are as dumb as rocks"

"Cashed up and as dumb as a rock...every Tirraks dream man"

Moreso than any other farmers? I don't agree. Naive, yes, but the difference is the forked tongue women one can find here - seem to be able to take everybody for a ride.

except Russians?

Are you saying that nobody ever pulled a fast one on you?

I think he might do better to sue her in Australian court if any of the offences (promises, etc) occurred there. At least he could predict an end date. Might give him an action which could be registered with the Thai courts.

Just how would an Australian court impose enforceable penalties on a Thai national in Thailand, whether it is fines or a jail sentence? In the OP it mentions he was aware the Thai lady was involved in fraudulent visa applications for her clients. OP doesn't mention if he reported this matter to Australian authorities. Speculation, but if he reported this issue he would have a lot better chance of a criminal conviction and possible extradition than fraud in Thailand.

For 12 million baht highly unlikely that an extradition request would be applied for by the Australian courts or granted by Thai government. In any case I would have thought that a defence lawyer would run rings around him given that he sent funds over a three year period to support a business that appears to have had zero viability.

last I heard embezzlement was a crime, and worthy of extradition.

I have one in Phayao they can go arrest too... sick.gif can we join a sad ripped off old man' club?

I have one in THAMAI who was done wrong by his wife. He already had a house from his first marriage. The second wife gambled the equity of the house off, took money out of his account, lied about a business that she was opening,and a truck that she was buying. Right now,he is sitting in a place that looks like a garage with one wall with a gate around it, and is exposed to the elements. I tried to help him buy calling the Aussie Consulate, but he didn't want any trouble with his wife who disrespects him. I was only trying o help him to get his pension renewed so that he can have money in his pockets at his age of 80 something. His wife is in her 60s, My wife introduced me to them,and she confessed her sin to me like I was Jesus. I was even taken to the house that he used to have. It's very sad that Thai women have to do this to anyone.Even the situation where my wife lost money to an embezzler who she thought was going to help her in her business that she had, and she lost 3/4 of what the Aussie lost, and never recovered from it, and still going back and forth with continuations at the court to get it all back before the lady runs out of Thailand, or dies.

It sounds as tho he did it through solicitors in Australia as they came over to inspect the business and found it to be closed down. He hasn't just got off a flight and stormed into a Police Station either. Sounds as tho he has pre arranged a Thai legal team and an interpreter which may have been arranged by his Aussie legal team.

What an idiot the guy is proving yet again that love can't be bought. I spent a few years living in country Australia and was shocked to see how some Aussie farmers treated their Asian wives. Karma rules! If you check the wholesale price of onions. $0.5 million is a lot of onions which makes me wonder if onions are his only crop. Unless the guy arranged for the funds to be paid in in a well documented contractual manner it may be that the lady hasn't broken any laws. Even if convicted it will be difficult to get money back if she is broke which she will be if she is half clever. If he feels bad about the whole thing he could move to UK where any old slapper who can sleep under yr roof for 6 months becomes a defacto spouse with entitlement to suit. If he had a few half decent sh*gs with a half decent girl he may have come out of it fairly well considering his options at home or other Western countries where it's getting harder to tell which girls are pregnant and which ones just have a beer gut to show off

The majority of the large agricultural businesses in Australia use transient workers (backpakers) and those on 457 visa's. A lot of people sourced from S/E Asia via agencies for the harvest season. I would say this guy used these agencies and his "fiancee" was a 457 holder. I believe the guy saw what he perceived as a good venture cutting out the middle man and also providing his service to other farmers for a nice return. The business was probably established using Australian/Thai lawyers and he believed using his future wife as the majority partner (51%) was a safe bet and it keeps it in the family. He didn't just meet her in bar and fell in love after she said he was so handsome and sexy. He had known her for approximately 3 yrs.

It is not easy to transfer this amount of money out of Australia and it would have been via solicitors for the business and that would be why he is armed with legal/business documents. The lawyer representing him in Thailand is possibly the Thai arm of his team who helped establish the business in Thailand.

Just my thoughts.

Probably the most open minded and accurate post so far.

@ simple1

It was 15 million not 12, and even if it was only 10 million, The courts in Australia almost certainly would apply for extradition..... why?

Because it is a high level crime, its not as if she stole a tube of toothpaste from a chemist, its half a million bucks.

It is not up to the courts to decide if it is worth pursuing, It is up to the courts to see that justice is done. It is their duty to support a conviction especially knowing how corrupt the Thai law system is, that just adds more fuel to the need for extradition. The treaty exists that should a person or persons commit a crime that is punishable by a custodial sentence then it is an application for extradition can be made.

This guy is lawyered up, and the lawyers will petition the court to apply for extradition and the courts can NOT refuse. Or risk being seen to not be upholding the law, which is their number one duty. They don't have the power to make a decision on the victim's fate, they have to go by the measure of the law. Anyway, it is not their decision, they refer it to the Attorney General, and he/she makes the decision.

It is more up to the Thai government whether or not they hand her over. But I doubt the Thai authorities would not want to piss off the Ausies by refusing. Its not like she is facing the death penalty. Australia and Thailand have reciprocated plenty of times in the past, no reason to assume anyone would block it.

Anyone thinking that a $500,000 fraud case is not worthy of extradition, they should read the Patrick Pretty Blog archives, there are plenty of extraditions going on for much less than that figure, mostly people running internet pyramid scams. Some for less than $100,000

Wrong...

Why would Australia extradite someone for an a crime committed in Thailand.

Wake up.

Ask professor Google, he will show you many instances of Australia extraditing people both Thai and Aussie to Thailand for crimes committed in Thailand. But who's even talking about Aussies extraditing her to Thailand, if you can read

straight, then you would know that we are talking about Thailand extraditing a criminal to Australia for a crime she initiated and committed between the 2 countries and is grounds for extradition.

Just like that Peado that was extradited to the UK from Thailand for Paedo crimes he committed in Thailand.

I will accept that you are blissfully ignorant.

I wouldn't bother to respond, because judging by your irrelevant comments, its showing that your argument is sinking fast. All you will be doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Some, not all, sexual assault crimes committed overseas by Australians are covered by Australian legislation and offenders can and are extradited back to Australia for prosecution. Commercial fraud committed in Thailand, by a Thai national in a Thai registered company is an entirely different matter. If you continue to disagree, prove me wrong & I will apologise.

"The fact of the matter is that many Australian farmers are as dumb as rocks"

"Cashed up and as dumb as a rock...every Tirraks dream man"

Moreso than any other farmers? I don't agree. Naive, yes, but the difference is the forked tongue women one can find here - seem to be able to take everybody for a ride.

except Russians?

Are you saying that nobody ever pulled a fast one on you?

I think he might do better to sue her in Australian court if any of the offences (promises, etc) occurred there. At least he could predict an end date. Might give him an action which could be registered with the Thai courts.

Just how would an Australian court impose enforceable penalties on a Thai national in Thailand, whether it is fines or a jail sentence? In the OP it mentions he was aware the Thai lady was involved in fraudulent visa applications for her clients. OP doesn't mention if he reported this matter to Australian authorities. Speculation, but if he reported this issue he would have a lot better chance of a criminal conviction and possible extradition than fraud in Thailand.

For 12 million baht highly unlikely that an extradition request would be applied for by the Australian courts or granted by Thai government. In any case I would have thought that a defence lawyer would run rings around him given that he sent funds over a three year period to support a business that appears to have had zero viability.

last I heard embezzlement was a crime, and worthy of extradition.

Why would embezzlement by one director against another director in a Thai registered company by subject to extradition

The fact is that with the information available, it is impossible to know what the legal situation is in this case.

Were the 12 million taken from the company? Did he send them to her and the money never made it to the company? How was the company structured?

Directors, share holders? Etc.

If he is coming with an Australian lawyer, it may well be from an international firm that has offices in Thailand as well, so between them they may have

been able to assess the situation and advice the farmer to take action only if they think he has any chance of success. Yes, there are lawyers in some

places who give honest advice to customers. Maybe even in Thailand, specially if from an international firm (if that is the case, we don't know that either).

All things considered, it is extremely unlikely that he will ever see any money back, because of the way things work here, even if he wins the court case,

but in that case he might be able to get some satisfaction by making life difficult for the woman.

He definitely made a mistake, costly one, but it is not at all comparable with stupidities committed by those guys who buy a bar girl land, cars and family

pick-ups after a couple of weeks of sex.

He met her in Australia. For all he knew and could see, she was a normal farm girl, just as he is a normal farm guy (with more money and too naive).

Whatever the end result, I hope he gets some sort of satisfaction and that those 15 million have not put too much of a dent on his finances.

• Like 1

He didn't really know his onions

Some of these ladies are very good con artists and knoe their onions

Shame but love his attitude, on plane with lawyer, interpreter, documents. Getting the media invoved. Most people would try to hide under a stone for being so stupid and gulible.

She must have been a stunner for 3 million sinsod

Anyone putting money on him seeing any of his money

If it had been me in his shoes with such a "stunner" I would have sent her 50 kilos of onions every month to sell at the market, and not 1 gram less.

pay a bride price of B2,999,999 and he accepted

Definitely, too many onions between the ears.

that make me laugh too.... she was selling the marraige like a car I can be yours for less than 3 mill.....

Good luck to him, I hope he gets his money back, or at least some of it, well maybe a little. Seriously, with an Australian news network getting involved it may also garner interest in other countries, I wonder what TAT will do to counter the bad press over this one, and all the other accounts that will surely come to light as a result of the international media coverage.

Seriously doubt he will get any money all she has to say is he became abusivem dont forget the box of donuts case too.

I know a ''converted lady boy'' who now owns 3 houses from three farangs, how ?. whistling.gif . TRUE.

When I lived in a village, one woman had a massive house, more like a mansion, from 'donations' from 3 foreign men whom she married, one after the other. No legal marriage, of course, but they gave her over 5 million Baht between them in sin sot and other donations. That sort of money buiys a lot of land and house in the boonies. She was the talk of the village.

IMHO she was nothing special to look at, but she must have had something.

She just had a big house - that is all most of these opportunist farm girls have in their otherwise empty life. Can't fault them for trying at least.

Was talking to a thai girl on skype yesterday whom i have known for past four months, While talking away on skype, then i see her picking up her mobile and could see she was crying while talking, when she finished with her conversations with somebody (family member), i asked what wong, she said her sister's son looking for 3,000 bt for college fees, the bell rang in my head. Bye bye, i'm off .

Edited by Billy The Kid

I digress a little but all this talk of whether or not an application for extradition would be filed got me to thinking about another case where in fact extradition by an Australian court was applied for.

A few years ago an Australian was stabbed to death in a Melbourne street by 3 Thai when he went to help a Thai woman being beaten by them.

All three men immediately fled back to Thailand.

Extradition was sought but the last I heard was that one of the accused had disappeared ( had good connections) and the courts here were delaying decisions on extraditing the other two.

Anybody have any updates on this case?

And back on the subject, despite so called extradition treaties between Thailand and Australia there is no guarantee Thai courts will uphold an application if lawyers argue (and apparently successfully they have) that their Thai clients will not receive a fair trial in racist Australia and/or that if convicted in an Australian court they would be subject to inhumane conditions in an Australian jail - 5555.

Thailand is a top destination for sex tourism. Men come, have sex, enjoy and leave. I've always thought that that was wrong but after been here for many years I've changed my mind. They deserve it! And I'm surprised that there is such a small number of homicides in this country.

Why don't you read the OP before spouting nonsense. The victim here was most definitely not a sex tourist.

• Like 1

Your comment: "The first Asian ladies I scored" is the great give away. It's this view of Asians, and for you probably all women, that sets up the "us versus them" thing. I never think of any of my encounters with woman as "scores". They are all personal relationships. You can share in the responsibility of MacCurley's loss, because you part of the problem.

You're getting too tied up with semantics. "Score", "get", "find", "meet" a girlfriend/wife.... same same.

It was a tongue in cheek way of describing my first relationships. One of those "scores" scored a house. The other scored quite well too.biggrin.png

Throw out your dictionary when you're communicating with Aussies... or get a new one. It may save you from making unfounded conclusions.

I am an Australian and know the lingo well, thanks. It is precisely the connotation of the word "score" when referring to a girlfriend, as some sort of reward in a sport, that I am referring to. No I will not throw away my dictionary. In Fact I suggest you buy yourself a big fat Macquarie Dictionary, and get educated. The attitude of so many "Aussies" "scoring" in Thailand is shaming the nation.

With as grass roots an experience in Australia as anyone here, having worked in sheering sheds, meat works, been cattle droving, worked on building sites, you name it, but I also know what the inside of the languages department of a University looks like. .. and have taught English in Scandinavia. With 40+ years in Australia and 20+ elsewhere, I feel qualified enough to make the statement you criticise.

It was a pretty serious accusation you made about me based on a single word taken the wrong way. I can't believe you took all that from "scored" if you are indeed an Australian. If you are an English teacher, then that's likely the problem. You take precise word meanings too seriously on an informal internet forum.

Edited by tropo

I have met a few men who have suffered the same and have lost their all .

I warned one friend at his wedding reception that he was about to be taken to the cleaners .

He has been , robbed of all his capital , two houses and three cars .

ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .

There are some good women/wives among them , but many are just thieves without scruple .

I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones .

I cannot believe how foolish and naive foreign men are .

coming from a more advanced civilization , they make the mistake of equating Thais with themselves .

Thailand is like a venus fly trap .

Many women have already been married and have children , there shouldn't be a bride price for second hand goods .

Bt2,900,000 was a rediculous sum to pay to get married !

you must have married my wife's sister .my wife is such a lovely lady and honest too. hard to find

I digress a little but all this talk of whether or not an application for extradition would be filed got me to thinking about another case where in fact extradition by an Australian court was applied for.

A few years ago an Australian was stabbed to death in a Melbourne street by 3 Thai when he went to help a Thai woman being beaten by them.

All three men immediately fled back to Thailand.

Extradition was sought but the last I heard was that one of the accused had disappeared ( had good connections) and the courts here were delaying decisions on extraditing the other two.

Anybody have any updates on this case?

And back on the subject, despite so called extradition treaties between Thailand and Australia there is no guarantee Thai courts will uphold an application if lawyers argue (and apparently successfully they have) that their Thai clients will not receive a fair trial in racist Australia and/or that if convicted in an Australian court they would be subject to inhumane conditions in an Australian jail - 5555.

Apparently extradition wasn't granted because they wouldn't receive a fair trial/allegations of a corrupt judicial system in Australia. Thai courts didn't trust that the Australian courts would have a non racist attitude. Apparently they are now free.

pay a bride price of B2,999,999 and he accepted

Definitely, too many onions between the ears.

that make me laugh too.... she was selling the marraige like a car I can be yours for less than 3 mill.....

A Honda Jazz for 1/2 million is a far better deal and comes with a guaranty.

That expression "you get what you pay for" often does not hold true with Farang Thai marriages

The fact is that with the information available, it is impossible to know what the legal situation is in this case.

Were the 12 million taken from the company? Did he send them to her and the money never made it to the company? How was the company structured?

Directors, share holders? Etc.

If he is coming with an Australian lawyer, it may well be from an international firm that has offices in Thailand as well, so between them they may have

been able to assess the situation and advice the farmer to take action only if they think he has any chance of success. Yes, there are lawyers in some

places who give honest advice to customers. Maybe even in Thailand, specially if from an international firm (if that is the case, we don't know that either).

All things considered, it is extremely unlikely that he will ever see any money back, because of the way things work here, even if he wins the court case,

but in that case he might be able to get some satisfaction by making life difficult for the woman.

He definitely made a mistake, costly one, but it is not at all comparable with stupidities committed by those guys who buy a bar girl land, cars and family

pick-ups after a couple of weeks of sex.

He met her in Australia. For all he knew and could see, she was a normal farm girl, just as he is a normal farm guy (with more money and too naive).

Whatever the end result, I hope he gets some sort of satisfaction and that those 15 million have not put too much of a dent on his finances.

The Thai news website has a lot more details than what I can see in the English language media.

The girl set up the company between them, it was originally meant to be a school to teach Thai people wishing to work in Australian farming. It was supposed to all be above board. What actually occurred was that the company was set up and then nothing happened, it did not trade, it had no premises, it did not run as a company, it sat as a shell with no tax returns filed. This was all found out last November which had been wound down.

All the money that was being sent over to help cover the running costs didn't even go into the company books, it was just diverted away. So basically the company was just set up as a smokescreen to perpetrate a fraud. The whole thing was fake from the start, and so I doubt it will come under embezzlement in court, it is just going to come out as outright fraud.