Australian Farmer Files B15M Fraud Charge Against Thai Fiance

webfact

I digress a little but all this talk of whether or not an application for extradition would be filed got me to thinking about another case where in fact extradition by an Australian court was applied for.

A few years ago an Australian was stabbed to death in a Melbourne street by 3 Thai when he went to help a Thai woman being beaten by them.

All three men immediately fled back to Thailand.

Extradition was sought but the last I heard was that one of the accused had disappeared ( had good connections) and the courts here were delaying decisions on extraditing the other two.

Anybody have any updates on this case?

And back on the subject, despite so called extradition treaties between Thailand and Australia there is no guarantee Thai courts will uphold an application if lawyers argue (and apparently successfully they have) that their Thai clients will not receive a fair trial in racist Australia and/or that if convicted in an Australian court they would be subject to inhumane conditions in an Australian jail - 5555.

That was the Thai lawyers using that angle to appeal against the extradition which they all do as a matter of course, and they were filing for the accused to be tried and convicted in Thailand. Edited by klubex99

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I digress a little but all this talk of whether or not an application for extradition would be filed got me to thinking about another case where in fact extradition by an Australian court was applied for.

A few years ago an Australian was stabbed to death in a Melbourne street by 3 Thai when he went to help a Thai woman being beaten by them.

Extradition was sought but the last I heard was that one of the accused had disappeared ( had good connections) and the courts here were delaying decisions on extraditing the other two.

And back on the subject, despite so called extradition treaties between Thailand and Australia there is no guarantee Thai courts will uphold an application if lawyers argue (and apparently successfully they have) that their Thai clients will not receive a fair trial in racist Australia and/or that if convicted in an Australian court they would be subject to inhumane conditions in an Australian jail - 5555.

That was the Thai lawyers using that angle to appeal against the extradition which they all do as a matter of course, and they were filing for the accused to be tried and convicted in Thailand.
I know the idea of being confined to the company of Aussies for a few years is a pretty horrific thought but it sounds like they deserve it.

There's a lot of people assuming that this onion farmer spent all of his money on this girl. We don't have any evidence of that and how much of a hit he took depends on his total net worth.

Taking legal action doesn't mean he's broke. You also can't assume that getting his money back is his primary concern.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

That was the Thai lawyers using that angle to appeal against the extradition which they all do as a matter of course, and they were filing for the accused to be tried and convicted in Thailand.
I know the idea of being confined to the company of Aussies for a few years is a pretty horrific thought but it sounds like they deserve it.

and no Thai T.V in their private rooms would drive them mad.

Commercial fraud committed in Thailand, by a Thai national in a Thai registered company is an entirely different matter. If you continue to disagree, prove me wrong & I will apologise.

Your correct there are no grounds to extradite the Thai lady concerned to Aussie, the "crime" was committed in Thailand, by a Thai national via a Thai registered company....no "crime" has been commmitted in Aussie, this is the reason the guy concerned has come to Thailand and retained a Thai lawyer to process this via a Thai court.

If there were grounds for extradition, there would be a judgement in an Aussie court and the he wouldnt have to go through the Thai legal process, the Aussie authorties would request the Thai authorities to proceed with arrest and start the extradition process, which is obviously not the case

• Like 1

I do feel sorry for this guy as she got to Australia which for Thais is not easy, the Visa, financing and probably having prove finances she appeared normal not like most of the guys that get ripped off by bargirls, bargirls are there as let's face it they generally are from poor desparate backgounds mostly with a child to support and are money suckers. Bargirls have a purpose but not love.

Read the OP again... their relationship was long distance. I'm sure the lady spent most of the time (3+ years) partying with her Thai companions and living it up to the extreme.

I do feel sorry for this guy as she got to Australia which for Thais is not easy, the Visa, financing and probably having prove finances she appeared normal not like most of the guys that get ripped off by bargirls, bargirls are there as let's face it they generally are from poor desparate backgounds mostly with a child to support and are money suckers. Bargirls have a purpose but not love.

she appeared normal gee wiz 555 how long have you been in thailand.cheesy.gif

15 Million Baht for starting a small school, I hope he had a lawyer when he handed over the $$ & her signed agreements? I hope she looses her house but others have to learn that spending any amount of money with a Thai women involved is risky..

Read the OP again... their relationship was long distance. I'm sure the lady spent most of the time (3+ years) partying with her Thai companions and living it up to the extreme.

Yep that is manifestly obvious from the evidence already at hand.

Take a look at her in the photo when she was in OZ picking onions...slim and fit.

Then take a look at her photo a few years on. Fat as mud...

Thailand thrives on these hustlers like Boontip who are skillful enough to extract large sums of money from the next greater fool.

Skillful??

What skills exactly. It was easy, she asked and received. Even a third grader could pull it off.

Skills, 55555

• Like 1

I have met a few men who have suffered the same and have lost their all .I warned one friend at his wedding reception that he was about to be taken to the cleaners .He has been , robbed of all his capital , two houses and three cars .ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .There are some good women/wives among them , but many are just thieves without scruple .I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones .I cannot believe how foolish and naive foreign men are .coming from a more advanced civilization , they make the mistake of equating Thais with themselves .Thailand is like a venus fly trap .Many women have already been married and have children , there shouldn't be a bride price for second hand goods .Bt2,900,000 was a rediculous sum to pay to get married !

I totally agree! 90% of the Thai women who engage with foreigners are shameless low-grade prostitutes whose only interest is money. They would deserve to be only used and thrown away, no mercy! I really don't understand how people are so dumb to still believe them...
A scientific analysis from Bunga Bunga Land.
  • Like 1

Imagine transferring 12 million baht to anyone's account, that you have not known for many years? Risky behavior, to say the least. Kudos to him for pursuing her in court. I give him credit. Though, not sure if he will see results. Best thing he can do is approach her parents, and attempt to shame her. But, chances of recovering the money is remote. Have you ever tried to get money back in this country? Very very hard to get money back from the average person here. Though I have lent money to the family of my girlfriend, and always been paid back. And this has happened a few times, so I do know there are people of honor here.

• Like 1

I have met a few men who have suffered the same and have lost their all .I warned one friend at his wedding reception that he was about to be taken to the cleaners .He has been , robbed of all his capital , two houses and three cars .ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .There are some good women/wives among them , but many are just thieves without scruple .I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones .I cannot believe how foolish and naive foreign men are .coming from a more advanced civilization , they make the mistake of equating Thais with themselves .Thailand is like a venus fly trap .Many women have already been married and have children , there shouldn't be a bride price for second hand goods .Bt2,900,000 was a rediculous sum to pay to get married !

I totally agree! 90% of the Thai women who engage with foreigners are shameless low-grade prostitutes whose only interest is money. They would deserve to be only used and thrown away, no mercy! I really don't understand how people are so dumb to still believe them...
A hitman can't be much more than the lawyer's fees, plus everything else he lost.
  • Like 1

Imagine transferring 12 million baht to anyone's account, that you have not known for many years? Risky behavior, to say the least. Kudos to him for pursuing her in court. I give him credit. Though, not sure if he will see results. Best thing he can do is approach her parents, and attempt to shame her. But, chances of recovering the money is remote. Have you ever tried to get money back in this country? Very very hard to get money back from the average person here. Though I have lent money to the family of my girlfriend, and always been paid back. And this has happened a few times, so I do know there are people of honor here.

".....approach her parents, and attempt to shame her."

Parents will hang their heads, express remorse, then climb into their new pick-up and laugh all the way home. If she is sending money, the parents won't care where it comes from. Con artist is quite a step up from bar girl (almost as honourable as politician though less lucrative.)

• Like 1

A scientific analysis from Bunga Bunga Land.

It isn't surely a scientific analysis. Plus, I didn't say "90% of the women" but "90% of the Thai women who engage with foreigners" which is much different. It looks like some people can't read... And of course that percentage doesn't want to be an exact estimate but is only a way to say "a high number". There are good women here! Of course! And I've been lucky to know a few of them. But the chances that a foreigner (especially one who isn't exactly young and pleasant) finds a "bad" woman are really high and get even higher in certains areas. It happens in every developing country in the world. Have you ever been in Brazil? I have lived there, and is's exactly the same story! Have you haver been to Russia? I have, and it's the same. Nothing special with Thailand per se... It's just one of the many developing countries with a lot of foreign tourists...that's it!

You sound like a thoroughly shameless low grade bigot.

I might even have reasons to sound like that...

And anyway I'm neither looking for anyone's approval, nor caring for anyone's disapproval. I just can't care the less!

There's only one way to date a Thai lady... drag it out of a bar, use it, pay and kick it out. I do feel sorry for the guy as matters of the heart often rule the head and so many of us have been there. We all like to think that our Thai girlfriends or wives wouldn't do it to us - until it happens.

Although I wont argue about much cheating and corruption in society, theres more than just bars and go go's you know? or perhaps you don't know.

I had a friend that retired in Pattaya. He visited me in Bangkok and was astounded to see a city with non-sex related business. Mega malls, office buildings, BTS, MRT, universities. It's as if his only knowledge of a country was encapsulated in 2 expressions # short time # long time

Hahah. I guess you haven't took him for a stroll on Petchaburi. Thai Services for Thai male consumers. Staff provided by local universities. Wake up.

Edited by paz

Commercial fraud committed in Thailand, by a Thai national in a Thai registered company is an entirely different matter. If you continue to disagree, prove me wrong & I will apologise.

Your correct there are no grounds to extradite the Thai lady concerned to Aussie, the "crime" was committed in Thailand, by a Thai national via a Thai registered company....no "crime" has been commmitted in Aussie, this is the reason the guy concerned has come to Thailand and retained a Thai lawyer to process this via a Thai court.

If there were grounds for extradition, there would be a judgement in an Aussie court and the he wouldnt have to go through the Thai legal process, the Aussie authorties would request the Thai authorities to proceed with arrest and start the extradition process, which is obviously not the case

To all the people rambling nonsense about extradition, for a "something" done in Thailand and that yet has to be proved in all grades of appeal.

Just for you to know, there is no extradition treaty between Thailand and Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_Australia

To all the people rambling nonsense about extradition, for a "something" done in Thailand and that yet has to be proved in all grades of appeal.

Just for you to know, there is no extradition treaty between Thailand and Australia.

True, but the Thai courts have previously granted extradition requests as Australia is a member of the Commonwealth & leverages off the Thai/UK agreement. Without knowing the detail Thai court decisions are appealed & seem to vanish into non action

When will they ever learn?

Bob Dillon, 60's? Or was it Peter, Paul and Mary?

Google will reveal whom, but more importantly, guys like this need to know the words, not just hum the tune!

add to that, "everybody's got to learn sometime" the korgis.giggle.gif

Google will reveal whom, but more importantly, guys like this need to know the words, not just hum the tune!

I agree meatboy, everybody has to learn sometime, but we don't have enough years to learn make all the mistakes, so learning from others' mistakes is a better way to go, less painful.

• Like 1

True, but the Thai courts have previously granted extradition requests as Australia is a member of the Commonwealth & leverages off the Thai/UK agreement. Without knowing the detail Thai court decisions are appealed & seem to vanish into non action

True, The Courts in Australia are Her Majesty's Courts and indictable offences brought against a defendant are in the name of the Crown. Any extraditions are also requested in the name of the Crown. The Crown has formal agreements with Thailand and this is what Australia uses.

I agree meatboy, everybody has to learn sometime, but we don't have enough years to learn make all the mistakes, so learning from others' mistakes is a better way to go, less painful.

yep i have a few t-shirts,nothing painfull just a few scratches,i must have some scotch blood mixed with my welshbah.gif

Is there a way that I could get in touch with this Plaintive as I'm going through a very similar situation right now, maybe little worse. Perhaps we could join forces and MAKE the Thai Authorities take rectification action in our favour.

The ONE thing that I learned VERY quickly living here in Thailand is that as a foreigner you are NOTHING and much less is your LIFE worth anything to the Thailand legal system.

My case got brushed-off by a senior Thai Government Official with the comment. "Sorry, no can help you. Thai Law help Thai people only". So now, how about THAT. This Australian farmer is a very fortunate individual to still have funds available to him enabling him to sue for justice.

My Thai family, being a senior Government Official here, that's why I trusted them by-the-way, defrauded me of absolutely EVERY single DIME I possessed and then to TOP it all chased me away from their home to "go DIE" in the streets as they said at the time. Thus here I'm now stranded in Thailand without any money what-so-ever to return to my Country of origin. However, even WITH money to return I dare not do so as I'm too old to work there and therefor cannot earn myself a living there.

So, stay and be the same off here, better than to face the humiliation there where everybody know me AND know that I was a fairly wealthy citizen as well. At least, here nobody know me. Further hereto there IS, very fortunate for me, an outstanding Thai-lady here who took it upon herself to care for me but she REALLY battles doing so as she herself is extremely POOR as well as unemployed. I for the life of me simply can NOT understand how she copes with all of this but still, somehow she manages and I can but only applaud absolutely ALL of her efforts.

Any suggestions about HOW I could go about getting justice here in this, I'll rather won't say, Thai Society?

Is there a way that I could get in touch with this Plaintive as I'm going through a very similar situation right now, maybe little worse. Perhaps we could join forces and MAKE the Thai Authorities take rectification action in our favour.

The ONE thing that I learned VERY quickly living here in Thailand is that as a foreigner you are NOTHING and much less is your LIFE worth anything to the Thailand legal system.

My case got brushed-off by a senior Thai Government Official with the comment. "Sorry, no can help you. Thai Law help Thai people only". So now, how about THAT. This Australian farmer is a very fortunate individual to still have funds available to him enabling him to sue for justice.

My Thai family, being a senior Government Official here, that's why I trusted them by-the-way, defrauded me of absolutely EVERY single DIME I possessed and then to TOP it all chased me away from their home to "go DIE" in the streets as they said at the time. Thus here I'm now stranded in Thailand without any money what-so-ever to return to my Country of origin. However, even WITH money to return I dare not do so as I'm too old to work there and therefor cannot earn myself a living there.

So, stay and be the same off here, better than to face the humiliation there where everybody know me AND know that I was a fairly wealthy citizen as well. At least, here nobody know me. Further hereto there IS, very fortunate for me, an outstanding Thai-lady here who took it upon herself to care for me but she REALLY battles doing so as she herself is extremely POOR as well as unemployed. I for the life of me simply can NOT understand how she copes with all of this but still, somehow she manages and I can but only applaud absolutely ALL of her efforts.

Any suggestions about HOW I could go about getting justice here in this, I'll rather won't say, Thai Society?

Winchester Justice. I would of no issue in shooting any of you, if your goal was to defraud me or my family and take what we have..

• Like 1

Is there a way that I could get in touch with this Plaintive as I'm going through a very similar situation right now, maybe little worse. Perhaps we could join forces and MAKE the Thai Authorities take rectification action in our favour.[/size]

The ONE thing that I learned VERY quickly living here in Thailand is that as a foreigner you are NOTHING and much less is your LIFE worth anything to the Thailand legal system.[/size]

My case got brushed-off by a senior Thai Government Official with the comment. "Sorry, no can help you. Thai Law help Thai people only". So now, how about THAT. This Australian farmer is a very fortunate individual to still have funds available to him enabling him to sue for justice.[/size]

My Thai family, being a senior Government Official here, that's why I trusted them by-the-way, defrauded me of absolutely EVERY single DIME I possessed and then to TOP it all chased me away from their home to "go DIE" in the streets as they said at the time. Thus here I'm now stranded in Thailand without any money what-so-ever to return to my Country of origin. However, even WITH money to return I dare not do so as I'm too old to work there and therefor cannot earn myself a living there.[/size]

So, stay and be the same off here, better than to face the humiliation there where everybody know me AND know that I was a fairly wealthy citizen as well. At least, here nobody know me. Further hereto there IS, very fortunate for me, an outstanding Thai-lady here who took it upon herself to care for me but she REALLY battles doing so as she herself is extremely POOR as well as unemployed. I for the life of me simply can NOT understand how she copes with all of this but still, somehow she manages and I can but only applaud absolutely ALL of her efforts.[/size]

Any suggestions about HOW I could go about getting justice here in this, I'll rather won't say, Thai Society?[/size]

I'm really sorry for your situation! For what is worth... Have you tried to get advise from your embassy?