Australian Farmer Files B15M Fraud Charge Against Thai Fiance

webfact

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, if only he had been a ThaiVisa reader he might have avoided it all! tongue.png

I just hope he wins so I can LMFAO. It's still pretty funny that he got on a plane just to screw her, so to speak.

It is a long way to fly with a hard on

There's only one way to date a Thai lady... drag it out of a bar, use it, pay and kick it out. I do feel sorry for the guy as matters of the heart often rule the head and so many of us have been there. We all like to think that our Thai girlfriends or wives wouldn't do it to us - until it happens.

I'll pass your advice onto my Thai wife you old romantic. She does think he was stupid to send so much money after such a short time.

I have met a few men who have suffered the same and have lost their all .

I warned one friend at his wedding reception that he was about to be taken to the cleaners .

He has been , robbed of all his capital , two houses and three cars .

ALL Thai womens interest in foreign men is ONLY for money .

There are some good women/wives among them , but many are just thieves without scruple .

I am fortunately married to one of the good honest ones .

I cannot believe how foolish and naive foreign men are .

coming from a more advanced civilization , they make the mistake of equating Thais with themselves .

Thailand is like a venus fly trap .

Many women have already been married and have children , there shouldn't be a bride price for second hand goods .

Bt2,900,000 was a rediculous sum to pay to get married !

There is no sinsod for a divorced, widower, or mother, ("second hand goods")at most only pay for dinner for family

There's only one way to date a Thai lady... drag it out of a bar, use it, pay and kick it out. I do feel sorry for the guy as matters of the heart often rule the head and so many of us have been there. We all like to think that our Thai girlfriends or wives wouldn't do it to us - until it happens.

Please calm a little bit down.they are still humans what you are talking about!
  • Like 2

I have one in Phayao they can go arrest too... sick.gif can we join a sad ripped off old man' club?

Maybe you can all get together and file a class action.

Think that is when you have one person to sue !

Unless of course all previous men ripped off by this lady get together smile.png

So private action it is CrisRMenumate but don't hold your breath, I've heard the legal system can be a tad slow.......

Actually you have given me a great idea, I'm setting up a 'Sad Ripped Off Old Mans Club'... as all potential members are somewhat gullible I'm setting the fee at 200000 Baht a year :)

Edited by axact

I have one in Phayao they can go arrest too... sick.gif can we join a sad ripped off old man' club?

The victim is/was not an old man...He was only 39 when he fell in love with this lady.

• Like 1

Bad news, he is a minority shareholder and the board approved her actions. End of story. next time go to a big American law firm and let them handle it instead of the local crooked lawyer.

Australia has solicitors also no need to go to America for one.

Transam. He's a good HOUSEKEEPER then.

I feel so sorry for the bloke letting his dx"qk rule his head like that. He is obviously a successful business-man.

How much do you think he will get back?

Zero, He may win something ,, but he will never collect

His chances of getting anything back would be very slim. The courts will probably order her to apologise and then go to the temple for forgiveness.

Well stone the bloody crows. Hey yooz blokes, I didn know there was so much bloody dosh in onions. Cripes! And he goze'n chucks it all away.

Silly buggar.

a bit sad really,

.. anyway, on behalf of Thailand, I will say to Mr MacCurely: < Thai Language removed > wai2.gif

(If you can't yet read the local lingo, shame on you, but you can copy and paste here. )

Edited by metisdead
English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

why don't one if you unfortunates start a new topic where you can post the pictures of the the women who have r[pped you off.

or just stick to the topic's photos.

Here's the onion farmer and his half a million dollars fiancee during happier times.

Malcolm_Mc_Curley_links_und_Boontip_Choo

Malcolm McCurley and Boontip Choochuay.

http://www.thailand-tip.com/nachrichten/news/sind-brautpreise-in-millionenhoehe-und-betruegereien-an-der-tagesordnung/

No doubt he was scammed and he d better get his eyes checked at the same time. Moral to live by if you play the game in Thailand ... Never invest what you are not willing to loose......

My guess is there is alot more money where that came from ...Seen the price of onions from Auz ???????

Still feel sorry for the broken hearted Lad ...

I feel so sorry for the bloke letting his dx"qk rule his head like that. He is obviously a successful business-man.

His chances of getting anything back would be very slim. The courts will probably order her to apologise and then go to the temple for forgiveness.

It will be a Thai lawyer and RTP feeding frenzy.

• Like 1

Good luck to him!

We are sure about 2 things, though:

1) he will not win!

2) as sun as the sun is going to rise tomorrow, the TV- community is out to tell him what an idiot he is...som nam na....he should never have...blah blah. As usually: google "empathy"!

• Like 1

In the immortal words of PT Barnum, "there is a sucker born every minute".

Expensive lesson, both for the wallet and for the heart. I doubt he will ever see a single satang returned to him and all the money he spends pursuing justice will just go down the tube.

My guess is there is alot more money where that came from ...Seen the price of onions from Auz ???????

No, because it's hard to see the price of onions in Oz when you live in Thailand.smile.png

How much are they?

Well good on the bloke to have enough onions to put the wind up Boontip. Might only end up being a small shallot across the bows but at least might initiate some change, big things start from small. he's at least been smart enought to notify the press. This will get the BG's talking. Might even get a few to think twice before playing with the next spring onion.

Edited by bangkokpoppys

Good luck to him!

We are sure about 2 things, though:

1) he will not win!

Are you sure? I don't think there's much of a precedent to draw conclusions from at this stage. At least there's a house and some assets which can be sold.

Usually after they get screwed the guys are broke and have no money to invest in lawyers. This could be different.

• Like 2

(Just posted this under Phuket forum...applies here too)

Let me give you a first hand account of a recent incident with the Police in Phuket town.

My pal was making a police report into fraud after winning (surprise,
surprise) his case hands down in a Phuket Court. The female judge was
appalled by the level of corruption in Phuket by policemen, land office,
lawyers and bank managers. All of whom were in on the theft of his numerous
properties.

The police man called my pals lawyer in Bangkok and said "Why are you
helping foreigners. Why are you going against Thai people" This punk,
bent, rat eyed policeman then turned to his imterperter and asked her
the same question. " Why are you helping this foreigner against us
Thais? Why do you not get the money and give it to us?"

This happened only last week and is real.

The stench of corruption from racist Thailand reaches far around the world.

Edited by harleyclarkey
  • Like 1

It will be a Thai lawyer and RTP feeding frenzy.

With an Australian current affairs program following his story Thailand will not like the bad publicity so that will give him a slight boost. Thai authorities will have to be seen to be doing things correctly. TAT will be mighty pissed if it goes to air showing Thailand in a bad light.

what the hell and what a foul...!beatdeadhorse.gif

but i would tell him to continue the process.burp.gif

1) first at the court they will make a trial.partytime2.gif

2)if no agreement then the proces will continue.drunk.gif

3) i hope he choose a good crab lawyer.crazy.gif

4)15 milion is a lot of money and he is still young, perhaps in 10 years he will get something back or put the girl in jailhit-the-fan.gif

how can a human give so much money for a pussybah.gif . sometimes id' like to be born a woman!cheesy.gif