Drainage Grate

Bosscat

Have been hunting everywhere for this product but cant find it yet.

Its made out of plastic, which appeals to me as it wont rust and less likely to go walking.

Has anyone seen it here in Thailand?

post-123690-0-56314500-1370519568_thumb.

Edited by Bosscat
  • Like 1

Thanks splitlid.

Yes I did find that one and sent an email to the Head Office in Australia yesterday to get the contact details for the Thai distributor.

The havent responded yet (still ealy days I guess) but I was also hoping there might be another choice if this one doesnt come off.

Chancon mentioned in the above post has at least one dealer in Buriram, Province. I bought the fiberglass grate shown on that web site in photos taken in Bangkok at Bumrungrad Hospital. The Buriram Hardware Store Ruangsangthai used a drafts person to design a grey water sewer system for our house in Buriram province. The Hardware store Ruangsangthai has their own construction crew who dug the sewer, connected the pipes from our home, from our DOS brand septic tanks, from our rain gutter downspouts and built a double walled grey water sewer system legally connected to the local municipal grey water pipes. The municipal grey water pipes were not in place when the house was originally built. The fiberglass grate has worked well outside, it was available in many colors, is supported by welded metal side rails, is easy to lift off for access to clean muck out of the sloped sewer channel. Buriram Ruangsangthai has a facebook page in English and one in Thai, and web pages Thai and English. This grate was not something you would order without having real exact sizes, but the store had samples in stock to show me how thick and strong it was for our sewer application. The integrity of the installation may play a role in how long it lasts. I would NOT drive a car or truck over the grate we had installed, but it was not designed or installed at our home for that sort of load bearing. This web site give you directions to the hardware store in Buriram where you could see this grating. http://www.burirambuildersmerchants.com/map-with-landmarks.html

post-20604-0-00596000-1370929499_thumb.j

post-20604-0-39257600-1370929584_thumb.j

post-20604-0-52533800-1370929629_thumb.j

post-20604-0-57090900-1370929656_thumb.j

post-20604-0-10711400-1370929698_thumb.j

post-20604-0-21551000-1370929722_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses David, IMHO and kamalabob2.

That Australian product is exactly what I want and very cheap on the ground there. Not sure what it would be worth here landed but I am guessing about 3 to 4 times at least (after tax and freight) and a bit of a wait while it transits here.

I will look into the chancon product to see if the is a dealer in Petchabun Province. Thanks IMHO.

That's a nice set up you have kamalabob2. Looks like a very professional installation.

Aco have told me that they don't have a Distributor in Thailand and rather ship out of Australia. They will send a quote for air and sea freight, but like the Bunnings option I think it will probably end up to expensive and too long a wait versus a local option.

• Like 2