C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

Phoned that number! Great help! Passed a number onto me for a technician who has arranged to come 1pm Saturday to fix a dish. Word of warning, as my room faces doi suthep they will have to fix the dish on the roof of the condo. Luckily got permission for this. Fingers crossed they don't change their mind.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoned that number! Great help! Passed a number onto me for a technician who has arranged to come 1pm Saturday to fix a dish. Word of warning, as my room faces doi suthep they will have to fix the dish on the roof of the condo. Luckily got permission for this. Fingers crossed they don't change their mind.

Great at last getting somewhere,Bangkok Blue, can you please let us know cost of installation,is it a card box

or internal encryption,and if you can ask installer if he is doing C band dishes,got the dish just need to know

if they are ready for C band. It will be a sigh of relieve for you when its up and running,ready for the kick off.

Regards Worgeordie

Will also check on Saturday as to which style of box!

Thanks Bangkok Blue, I went to WeTV today, the airhead girls there,

probably did not even know what day it was, had some leaflets,which

only gave list of channels, only price was 599 bht pm for 2 year and

1 year free,will have to work that out as that price not listed on CTH

website, they have 3 year contract @ xxx cannot remember at moment.

Then on the way home,I drove past a shop that had the whole window

plastered with CTH and EPL signs, could not stop ,as was one way,

but will check it out tomorrow. Oh and WeTV says boxes will be in

next month......bit too late.

I hope after all this carry on, that the picture they are broadcasting will

be of good quality, then they maybe forgiven,

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

I am afraid if CTH don't lift their game they might not be around in 3 years.For what they have paid for the EPL contract alone they are going to have to generate a huge amount of customers and they so far don't exactly fill one with any confidence.Maybe TRUE will buy them out down the road..clap2.gif .Sign up and write it off if all goes belly up. We are keeping TRUE and putting CTH on the second set.When I told TRUE today that we were considering terminating them because of no EPL they immediately offered a 200 baht discount.Things we do for football.

regards Worgeordie

I am afraid if CTH don't lift their game they might not be around in 3 years.For what they have paid for the EPL contract alone they are going to have to generate a huge amount of customers and they so far don't exactly fill one with any confidence.Maybe TRUE will buy them out down the road..clap2.gif .Sign up and write it off if all goes belly up. We are keeping TRUE and putting CTH on the second set.When I told TRUE today that we were considering terminating them because of no EPL they immediately offered a 200 baht discount.Things we do for football.

As long as they are paying the EPL they will be around. And since they have the monopoly, as already calculated:

They've spent Bt 9,000,000,000 approx for three years of EPL.

Divide that by (800*12*3) (or 28,800Bt for three years) = 312,500, so that's the number of subscribers they need to break even.

My spidey senses tell me they will probably have no trouble doing that nationwide, not to mention the sponsorship/advertising revenue that people will be queuing up to pay, Sony, Euro Custard Cake, etc.

whistling.gif

Seriously though, if you think you're having a bad time, here in the sandpit the EPL sold the Middle East and Africa rights to a MARKETING company, who thought it would be clever to buy them and sell them on. They forgot they are dealing with Arabs who'd rather cut their noses off than be blackmailed, so at the moment it looks like they are going to either have to take a very big hit or default on the loan they've probably taken out to pay for them. So we might not even have football come the start of the season.

Even Al Jazeera are baulking at paying the price they are after.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all ganged together for once and jointly offered this company a cheque to cover their costs and then all broadcast them (as it used to be back in the days of the Arab Broadcasting Union).

regards Worgeordie

As long as they are paying the EPL they will be around. And since they have the monopoly, as already calculated:

They've spent Bt 9,000,000,000 approx for three years of EPL.

Divide that by (800*12*3) (or 28,800Bt for three years) = 312,500, so that's the number of subscribers they need to break even.

It begs the question why did Truevision not fight for retaining the EPL.

Hi maccat, True where over confident and did not put a

big enough bid in, expecting no competition,in 3 years

time I suspect they will have learn t from there mistakes.

I read someone was offered a 200 bht discount in lieu

of True not broadcasting the EPL, like they would ever

give the real cost ,greedy as always.

regards Worgeordie

Well Alfies up and running, first impressions of general use are not great, no info button, couple of channels (Fox Crime, Bio) are in Thai, programme schedule doesn't seem to be working on many channels, one plus is that you can set all the favourites to be on all the time and also all the HD channels are in one group.

To be fair, i have only ever really watched the sport (mostly football) and news on satellite so it will do for me.

Footnote : The Premier league channels are not set up yet sad.png

Yes all sorted. BtRs technology was the company. They also fitted another dish so I can watch GMM. Including that came to 4000bht to fit it all. You have to also pay 2months upfront, but I have 15days to do that. It's KU band with internal encryption box. I can onto I their number if you want?

Yes all sorted. BtRs technology was the company. They also fitted another dish so I can watch GMM. Including that came to 4000bht to fit it all. You have to also pay 2months upfront, but I have 15days to do that. It's KU band with internal encryption box. I can onto I their number if you want?

Hi Bangkok Blue, can you PM me their number, I have 2 spare Ku dishes so would just need moving to correct Sat.and the boxes, I would

prefer to install it on the C band,will need to talk to them about that,

So was it worth the wait ?, how good is the picture ?,does the box have dual language control?, thanks regards Worgeordie

Thanks Bangkok Blue, will contact them, you can relax now and

get ready for the season starting,hope they don't have Thai

pundits pre game and half time.

Thanks Regards Worgeordie.

PS I hope the Toon do better this season,but with a director of

football who cannot pronounce the players names its not

looking good.

Well Alfies up and running, first impressions of general use are not great, no info button, couple of channels (Fox Crime, Bio) are in Thai, programme schedule doesn't seem to be working on many channels, one plus is that you can set all the favourites to be on all the time and also all the HD channels are in one group.

To be fair, i have only ever really watched the sport (mostly football) and news on satellite so it will do for me.

All set up, pretty much agree with the above.

Bring of the EPL!

Went into the second sat shop after Big C on the Hang Dong road heading towards Hang Dong today and they have the boxes in stock and they currently have 24 hour queue, whatever that means. They told me if you pay monthly (899 Baht) you have a connection/rental charge of 4258 Baht.They also have different packages based on 1 year subscription 11938 Baht. 2 year 19114 Baht and 3 year 24886 Baht all subscriptions payable up front. It means the final option works out at 599 Baht a month.

Bring of the EPL!

Plus you get the AUSTRALIA Channel which alone is worth 500 baht month !

Bring of the EPL!

Plus you get the AUSTRALIA Channel which alone is worth 500 baht month !

I'd gladly lose it for 100 Baht wink.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

If anyone else is looking to get connected,I found this shop today,off the

superhighway just before the turn off for the 1001 Mae Jo road,sorry

thats the best directions I can give. but heres some phone numbers,

085 867 0559 , 085-867-0599, 086-421-9701, they call themselves

CTH Chiang Mai, they only do CTH, have boxes in stock ready to fit.

also have price lists for the different packages.

Regards Worgeordie.

PS I am going to wait a bit till I can get the C band, no rain problems.

Went into the second sat shop after Big C on the Hang Dong road heading towards Hang Dong today and they have the boxes in stock and they currently have 24 hour queue, whatever that means. They told me if you pay monthly (899 Baht) you have a connection/rental charge of 4258 Baht.They also have different packages based on 1 year subscription 11938 Baht. 2 year 19114 Baht and 3 year 24886 Baht all subscriptions payable up front. It means the final option works out at 599 Baht a month.

that's exactly what I paid on Saturday... But in 15 days I have to pay 1961 (2 months up front for some reason). Things will be a lot easier when call centre staff speak english.

Has anyone had issues with picture quality since this morning (Monday)? Not affected by rain but picture keeps going all pixley. I think they may have to come and give the dish a nudge, just wondered if it was a CTH issue, or at my end.

It;s been breaking up and I checked with someone else who has it and it was breaking up exactly at the same time. The guys that fitted it explained that it was something to do with the satellite, and would be rectified in due course.

Seems OK this morning

Had the calculator out and tried different solutions at how

they come out with final monthly fee and it does not work

out, example Bht 24,886.32 divided by 36 comes to bht

691.29 not Bht 599 as they say, Thai calculations? or

am I stupid (dont answer that).

regards Worgeordie.

Had the calculator out and tried different solutions at how

they come out with final monthly fee and it does not work

out, example Bht 24,886.32 divided by 36 comes to bht

691.29 not Bht 599 as they say, Thai calculations? or

am I stupid (dont answer that).