C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got CTH fitted yesterday so far picture etc looks excellent

One thing I noticed is we have 55 channels where CTH says the satellite package is 115 channels anybody have the same

Possibly why our installer wants to wait at least until next week to get us going.I get the impression CTH just haven't got their act together yet and they may still be adding channels.Still have their original press release which talks about an August start and utilisation of the Thaicom 6 satellite as well as the KU band.All double dutch to my technically deprived brain but maybe the reason,come in experts.

Hi Sparkles, they are going to use Thaicom 6 for broadcasting on the C band,

the big net dishes, which don't have the problem with raid fade and outages,

I was going to wait for Thaicom 6 ,as I have a spare C band dish, but I don't

think it is launched yet, supposed to be August ?

Does anyone know if the boxes they are supplying now are capable of doing

both Ku and C band,? if so i will just get Ku now and switch to C band later.

regards Worgeordie

I haven't heard anything about CTH broadcasting via IPTV. But with issues about the direction of the dish it could well be possible. Thaicom 6 hasn't been launched yet, as far as I know. I'd go with. KU band for now. Even wetv are offering satellite as not gonna be ready in time.

If I change to CTH I will lose Setanta, what to do!

Yes, I've got the same dilemma though I think you can pay 790 a month to True and get 'Super Entertainment Pack'. It's on there. It's the one channel that i won't ditch

• Like 1

I think you can subscribe to setanta via their website for HQ stream online. Just do a search.

At the moment, my internet connection is too unreliable for that but it's an option for the future

I think you can subscribe to setanta via their website for HQ stream online. Just do a search.

Already doing that so I'm really close to ditching True... but I'm unsure if WeTv cable in Cm will be incorporated with CTH cable here.

Yes CTH will eventually be running on WeTv's infrastructure but when is the question.

Once true and WeTv go bankrupt CTH will cost a lot more... humbug to lifetime subscriptions, done that many times before in my life, all lies I'll tell ya.

Star cricket would be a nice addition to CTH's packages :)

Edited by piewarmer

CTH are operating parallel to WETV. They have not taken over WETV. CTH will operate on a new system for those who want the footy. For those who just want entertainment channels then they will be offerer the current WETV package. WETV won't be ready in time to offer CTH via cable in all areas in time. They are currently offering satellite to those who want to be guaranteed football from start of season.

I am up and running on CTH.

I went to Power-sat on Hang Dong Road, about 200 metres past Makro going towards Hang Dong.

I called at the shop yesterday, and they installed the system today. 4,259 baht total, but I did have to pay 200 baht petrol money because I am a good distance from the shop (near Chomthong).

Many thanks to all who commented on this thread, and a special thank you to bangkok blue for all his efforts to enable us to watch our favourite teams.

• Like 2

I spent a few hours last night browsing through the CTH channels...for me...nothing special...but I did notice that the pictures..normal and HD were excellent...better than True. I have the dish set up.

I haven't bothered reading all 8 pages! of this thread but in looking at the channel selection, I don't see what the fuss is? For me personally the only channels that seem interesting are Euronews, Sky News, National Geographic and perhaps the bio channel. Most of the others are available on WETV or True. Many are just "fillers". Am I missing something? And what is the additional cost? 400-600 per month on top of 350 to WETV?

I'm going to wait and see.

I have a feeling there will be some uproar when most people don't get Premier League anymore, potentially also from advertisers, so let's see where the chips fall. Not going to install anything else this year. I can easily see that the main games will be aired on Truevisons (or even free to air channels) when everyone finds out that everyone loses.

So CTH to find out they can't break even without enough subscribers, True finding out their subscribers are severely unhappy, potentially cancelling subscriptions or moving to a much cheaper package, and advertisers finding out they're not reaching the audience they expected.

At that point they may all work something out that turns a lose-lose-lose into a win-win-win, rather quickly.

And all of this will have been a needless 'blip'.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I spent a few hours last night browsing through the CTH channels...for me...nothing special...but I did notice that the pictures..normal and HD were excellent...better than True. I have the dish set up.

I haven't bothered reading all 8 pages! of this thread but in looking at the channel selection, I don't see what the fuss is? For me personally the only channels that seem interesting are Euronews, Sky News, National Geographic and perhaps the bio channel. Most of the others are available on WETV or True. Many are just "fillers". Am I missing something? And what is the additional cost? 400-600 per month on top of 350 to WETV?

It's mainly English Premier League football fans Elektrified. CTH paid a zillion dollars to exclusively screen all 360 games live for the next 3 years, which no-one can do - they outbid True Visions. At the subscription price you mentioned it's actually a bargain for us that love the EPL every weekend. In the UK you need to pay at least double, for less than half the games. As for the other channels I don't rate them very much at all, though there's about 5 I will watch at some point.

It's mainly English Premier League football fans Elektrified. CTH paid a zillion dollars to exclusively screen all 360 games live for the next 3 years, which no-one can do - they outbid True Visions. At the subscription price you mentioned it's actually a bargain for us that love the EPL every weekend. In the UK you need to pay at least double, for less than half the games. As for the other channels I don't rate them very much at all, though there's about 5 I will watch at some point.

It's a bargain only if you can cancel Truevisions. But a lot of sports are still on Truevisions, such as Formula 1, tennis, etc.

"Live Sports" (and News, maybe) is the only reason anyone needs DTH satellite anyway, everything else is readily available over the Internet. So that includes movies, kids shows and documentaries.

It'll actually be a blessing to not have to sit through 'documentaries' of the Nat-Geo / Discovery type, where they excruciatingly stretch out a topic with fake cliffhangers and dead ends until it lasts an hour, then do the two steps forward - ne step back thing where they repeat the past 5 minutes every 10 minutes for anyone with Alzheimers who forgot what happened during the advertising block. (Made even more apparent when the advertising blocks are removed.). That is nothing less than raping documentary TV and it'll be a blessing to stick to BBC type stuff.

Thanks for that uptheos. Like I said, I couldn't be bothered reading 8 pages. But now that you mentioned it, it makes sense to me what all the fuss is about.

It's a bargain only if you can cancel Truevisions. But a lot of sports are still on Truevisions, such as Formula 1, tennis, etc.

"Live Sports" (and News, maybe) is the only reason anyone needs DTH satellite anyway, everything else is readily available over the Internet. So that includes movies, kids shows and documentaries.

It'll actually be a blessing to not have to sit through 'documentaries' of the Nat-Geo / Discovery type, where they excruciatingly stretch out a topic with fake cliffhangers and dead ends until it lasts an hour, then do the two steps forward - ne step back thing where they repeat the past 5 minutes every 10 minutes for anyone with Alzheimers who forgot what happened during the advertising block. (Made even more apparent when the advertising blocks are removed.). That is nothing less than raping documentary TV and it'll be a blessing to stick to BBC type stuff.

I hear you. But it seems to be a phenomena unique to programming in Asia. I don't recall Nat-Geo, Discovery, etc. being that way in Europe and particularly in the USA. Here the channels are used mainly for like you said, large blocks of advertising, and yes it's annoying as hell.

To clarify, my IPTV is not CTH. It has the al jazeera sports channels and they have just announced they have secured the rights to the EPL for the coming season (middle east). Sorry for not being clear in my previous post.

Edited by MartinBKK

To clarify, my IPTV is not CTH. It has the al jazeera sports channels and they have just announced they have secured the rights to the EPL for the coming season (middle east). Sorry for not being clear in my previous post.

Well Martin what IPTV is it ,where from and how much?

regards Worgeordie

I had a CTH box and dish fitted last week and was told CTH provide free 15 days and then you pay subscription

As yet I haven't received anything off them

Anybody yet paid monthly fees or received anything from them

I had a CTH box and dish fitted last week and was told CTH provide free 15 days and then you pay subscription

As yet I haven't received anything off them

Anybody yet paid monthly fees or received anything from them

Have had the CTH now for 3 weeks and like you I have not had any bill yet.