C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

I paid only for the installation and box deposit about 2400 baht.

Has everybody else paid 1 Month in advance

My bill on official blue CTH headed paper, with a CTH bank deposit slip at the bottom, that has my account number. This is exactly what it says, make of it what you will. The lady in the shop mumbled something about watching first two months free, but we will see and I'm just happy to have it! thumbsup.gif

Total Installation fee - 534, 47

Total pre-paid fee - 961, 63

Equipment Service fee - 0- 00

Deposit STB/DVtv fee - 1,800

Deposit monthly fee - 961,63

Total 4258,33 (Yep alfie they have a similar calculator)

I paid in total 5,500, so I expect the shops supply the CTH dishes at a rate decided by the fall of the dice and not put on the official CTH invoice..

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bill on official blue CTH headed paper, with a CTH bank deposit slip at the bottom, that has my account number. This is exactly what it says, make of it what you will. The lady in the shop mumbled something about watching first two months free, but we will see and I'm just happy to have it! Posted Image

I paid in total 5,500, so I expect the shops supply the CTH dishes at a rate decided by the fall of the dice and not put on the official CTH invoice..

this was exactly what I paid on an official CTH bill with bank dep slip at the bottom.
  • Like 1

My bill on official blue CTH headed paper, with a CTH bank deposit slip at the bottom, that has my account number. This is exactly what it says, make of it what you will. The lady in the shop mumbled something about watching first two months free, but we will see and I'm just happy to have it! thumbsup.gif

this was exactly what I paid on an official CTH bill with bank dep slip at the bottom.

I think it's worth people noting the 'official CTH bill with bank deposit slip at bottom'.

CTH does have Foxsport HD so no problem with the motorsport.

But is it actually the same Fox Sports plus channel that is aired on Truevision? The channel guides on CTH's and Truevision's websites show totally different programming.

post-5469-0-91679200-1374834492_thumb.jp

I am considering changing to CTH when we move into our new house (hopefully) later this year. I have been quite happy with Truevision, but while the channel list on CTH (to me) is not quite at the same standard as Truevision's, the CTH package is also less than half the price. But not having F1 and MotoGP in HD would be a deal breaker for me.

Can anyone with the CTH package confirm that their Fox Sports Plus actually do show the Formula One this weekend (including Friday and Saturday practice), as CTH's channel guide doesn't mention it? But then again their schedule doesn't instil much confidence as they e.g. have the Senior Open on tonight from 35.00 - 15.00.

Sophon

CTH installed today at Banwangtan,Hang Dong by dealer just down from BIG C heading south on Hang Dong Rd. Installation ,box, dish..... 2,335 incl VAT ,receipt from installer.

Been told we will not get a bill and contract from CTH for some time. Happy with picture (its piddling down rain, good test)

I would say the picture is no better than TRUE, on a par. Will probably flick TRUE after we see how we go with CTH

I'm looking at going for the 3 year (1 of which free) deal, but I'm not sure how things will change during that time.

Have CTH got EPL guaranteed for 3 years? Is there a likelihood of major channel changes - new ones added or existing ones removed? I suppose it's like an 'is it a good investment' question.

If anyone knows any of CTH's future, I'd be most grateful for some insight.

Cheers.

According to today's Nation,ie Saturday 27/6, CTH have 60,000 subscribers signed up already. They are aiming at 3,000,000......so only a few more to go. I wonder how many they need to make the venture viable.

I'm looking at going for the 3 year (1 of which free) deal, but I'm not sure how things will change during that time.

Have CTH got EPL guaranteed for 3 years? Is there a likelihood of major channel changes - new ones added or existing ones removed? I suppose it's like an 'is it a good investment' question.

Cheers.

hi Peter, Nothings guaranteed, apart from the EPL, which i suppose they paid upfront ,just wondering

if all the fox channels will still be there when there trial period is up, just like True used to do with the

likes of BBC entertainment,ASN, Starworld ,and others, without all the Fox channels and when the

EPL season ends ,there would not be much to watch in English, not saying it will happen,but I have

3 different dishes on my house that used to show decent stuff until they went belly up, this is going

way back to Star from HK before Rupert bought it and commercialized it.

So if you are a gambler,go with the 3 years deal ,as if it works out, its a better return than just leaving

the money in the bank,

regards Worgeordie

I think it's more than likely that if you sign up for 3 year deal you're guaranteed current Line up for that period. They will bid for TPL and UCL when those rights come up I'd have thought. If successful then prob have to pay an additional premium for extra channels. New customers may not be offered the free one year deal once the season starts.

Cheers.

CTH themselves probably have no idea of their future.If they don't make their target audience numbers they are in deep do do and may hive off or sell. Its all in the lap of the gods. However as customers we are not making a huge investment so what will be, will be,impossible to give an informed opinion IMO.

Anyone know of CTH seller on west side of town? I live around Suan Dok area.

I'm ok with going to Hang Dong if necessary, but its a bit of a trek, both for me and the CTH installer, between Suan Dook and Hang Dong.

CTH seem amazingly "invisible" for a company that bought the Premier League rights ... I'm still astonished they managed to wrestle them from True. They don't appear to have a marketing budget left over !!

Oh, and we will get English commentary on EPL right? wai2.gif

Edited by pete66

Call this number. Pretty sure he'll come out to you. 085-867-1484, BtRs technology. They can out to me in huay keaw and another friend near doi saket. They're based in Sansai.

We'll defo get english commentary. I've also been informed that we'll still be getting John dykes and co.

I've heard that the satellite package has 117 channels and the cable 142. Can you get Australia Network on the satellite?

Anything good on there at all? I always seem to peek in around 11pm, which of course is the early hours there and only rubbish. So if you recommend something I'll look in earlier sometimes.

I've heard that the satellite package has 117 channels and the cable 142. Can you get Australia Network on the satellite?

Anything good on there at all? I always seem to peek in around 11pm, which of course is the early hours there and only rubbish. So if you recommend something I'll look in earlier sometimes.

Yes some excellent shows,especially docos, but this is ABC Pacific not the same as ABC TV's regular OZ programming, in fact its a combination of other stations/channels as well

Trying to get a program myself so I can watch the best off.

• Like 1

I got a flier in my WeTv bill, looks like the CTH package announcement....but, alas, it's all Thai.

Somewhere (maybe) it will state when the set-top boxes will be available and maybe installation info.

Has anyone had the document translated?

• Like 1

111 for satellite. Yes has Aussie network. Pete, got two other numbers. Try these. 0817440942, 0812889180 same company. They don't speak too much English though.

I SMS'd him to call me back, and he did. He asked if I was in a rush to get it installed, and I said "any time before the English Football kicks off". He laughed and has fitted me in this Wednesday. So should be up and running Wednesday night if he can find my house wai.gif

I doubt CTH will go tits up. They should have gone around and done some marketing with condos though!

There's billboards along most main roads, but that's about as far as their marketing goes. That's about a 20,000 baht campaign smile.pngpost-7093-0-53807600-1375506300_thumb.jp

Apologies for misorientation!

Edited by pete66