C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called shop on 2nd ring road they don't know anything about it, nor do they have any CTH equipment. Girl was helpful though she says they know someone who does do CTH and will pass my number onto them to call me back. Maybe that was who fitted your dish today. If you do find the contact details I'd appreciate it.

I think you must have misunderstood what you were told by this shop. They have no connection with CTH and no plans to either. Just thought I'd post this in case anybody else wastes their time going there like I did today.

This CTH crew really worry me .Just had a call, 6pm, from head office for us to read out all the bar code numbers on the label underneath the set top box.One might have thought that they would have got them from the dealer who installed. Suggest you keep a torch and a magnifying glass close by.smile.png

CTH dealer on Hang Dong Rd, going south, a 100 metres or so past Makro with a big CTH outside if anyone is looking for an installer.

Anyway to record on this CTH? I have attached an external HD to the CTH set top box which it successfully recognizes and i'm able to play files on the media player. I can't see a recording function though and there is no mention of it in the instructions. Seems pretty surprising there is a media player and no way to record the actual programs?

You're lucky! Thankfully I saw this coming and got sorted fast!

"@veen_NT: @supinya saw on CTH Facebook, they can't keep up pace with increasing demand. a staff says it will take up to 3 mons to finish the backlog!"

Fortunately for me, I took your early advice and sorted my CTH out about 6 weeks ago. I assume there will be a mention of your name when the Honours List is being made. Services To The Communiy, possibly.

Just got mine installed today. Excellent quality picture, not tried it in the rain yet though, bound to pour down as soon as the football comes on tomorrow ;-)

Has anyone found a use for the Ethernet port yet? The manual just says "used to connect to the Internet" ............ which is a bit "vague". You get firmware updates etc. via the dish itself so I don't quite see the point of the Ethernet port. Probably .... pointless.

Perhaps I should just try plugging into into my router and see if any magic happens ...........

was going to get my cth installed tommorow,but shop rang me and said can not install system for farangs,only to thais,need a thai identity card,to install system????

not I.d card, you need the Thessaban house registration. Any issues PM me I have a number of another shop that'll fit you no problem.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your efforts BB and I think having this in the CM forum is a great idea.

From my research the main think missing from CTH (my opinion only) is the lack of any international news service.

Perhaps the techie members / cable TV buffs with technical knowledge on this specific point, might be able to suggest

something to add (an add on) to CTH, for news. Hope so.

was going to get my cth installed tommorow,but shop rang me and said can not install system for farangs,only to thais,need a thai identity card,to install system????

not I.d card, you need the Thessaban house registration. Any issues PM me I have a number of another shop that'll fit you no problem.

I have several farang friends in Bkk, some own their own condos, some rent, who have CTH already installed. None of them have mentioned anything about difficulties with nationality or with any other documentation.

Makro is offering CTH C band boxes @1,990bht, a better choice than Ku band as wont

go down just as Newcastle U is about to score the winning goal (wishful thinking!),

I have a C band dish just need someone to realign it to Thaicom 5 or is it 6?

regards Worgeordie

Thanks for all your efforts BB and I think having this in the CM forum is a great idea.

From my research the main think missing from CTH (my opinion only) is the lack of any international news service.

Perhaps the techie members / cable TV buffs with technical knowledge on this specific point, might be able to suggest

something to add (an add on) to CTH, for news. Hope so.

Sky News HD is international with a UK slant, Ch 261.

Half a dozen seemingly dead HD channels started working mid week...... at last,

The Adventure channel is good.

CTH IS an Adventure. biggrin.png

I think they will sort a lot of things as they go......but please no room for guys dressed as Carmen Miranda on EPL!

Edited by uptheos

• 2 weeks later...

After a few weeks with Both True AND CTH I feel the True TV guide is far far better and the channel choices also better with True.

So glad to have kept True (especially for the Mayweather v Akvarez fight)

I have Cable, not Sattelite ... The picture still degrades when it's raining hard southwards.

Also, despite being told otherwise I still got a bill from WeTv 2 weeks after getting CTH.

Just received my first bill , which includes installation fee and box deposit which I already paid!

Tried calling CTH , no answer so far

Looking at the Football forum looks like I'm not the only one

I had the same and the girl told me everyone is getting it, due to the accounts dept?

She said ignore it and just pay next month, when hopefully it will be correct.