C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Alfies up and running, first impressions of general use are not great, no info button, couple of channels (Fox Crime, Bio) are in Thai, programme schedule doesn't seem to be working on many channels, one plus is that you can set all the favourites to be on all the time and also all the HD channels are in one group.

To be fair, i have only ever really watched the sport (mostly football) and news on satellite so it will do for me.

Footnote : The Premier league channels are not set up yet sad.png

All set up, pretty much agree with the above.

Bring of the EPL!

Plus you get the AUSTRALIA Channel which alone is worth 500 baht month !

I'd gladly lose it for 100 Baht wink.png

To be fair, the Australian Channel would be great if it didn't have so many aussies on it biggrin.png

All good with me Alfie... When did it go off? I know they did an update this morning which added EPL channels and allowed a couple to be changed to english.

All good here this morning alfie.

BB -Have they allocated channels for the EPL

Anyone have the WETV / CTH cable box installed? Think they are charging around 950 a month. Was wondering if this will have dual language function. Have the WETV / PSI box at the moment and the people said I just need to change that. Cheers for any help.

I did exactly the same. FX HD seems good with up to date shows, quite a few interesting documentary channels. Nat Geo seem good, fox sports news is a great addition, as is sky news. Watched an interesting interview with some guy from chulankorn Uni' about ASEAN. On oz network. SD channels defo better quality than true. Can't wait for EPL to start now!

I spent a few hours last night browsing through the CTH channels...for me...nothing special...but I did notice that the pictures..normal and HD were excellent...better than True. I have the dish set up.

Yes, I agree very good picture quality, much better than True.

There's more than enough channels to satisfy us and when the EPL starts it should be good, waiting to see the type of coverage.

Now paying half the amount I was paying True. thumbsup.gif

I think it's in the pipeline. There is an option to pause and rewind live tv and there is a USB slot on the back, probably for some sort of hard drive. Also has a LAN port. Probably to make some form of online purchases or interactive options.

Maybe PPV? It's been a noticeable trend here in the sandpit.

Yes to both.

You have done a fantastic amount of leg work on this and I think we should all be grateful to you for that .

Thanks a lot from me.

And from me. I contacted WETV and CTH myself, but the only useful information I've received has come from this thread. Thanks - Bangkok Blue.

No worries! Happy to help. I remember similar problems on my condo 6years ago when they refused to switch from Espn to true sport. It can be very frustrating. Which is why I thought by us all getting together , then most of us would be ready in time. 30days to go!!!