C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so, Peter ,but It just seems unlikely that they can get enough subscribers to break even but even If it does work out, it seems they are going to take a massive loss in the first year, at least

Interesting to see if subscriptions surge when the Premier League starts

Once the news starts talking of games coming up it might make more people think for sure they need CTH

Edited by Rob5060

I hope so, Peter ,but It just seems unlikely that they can get enough subscribers to break even but even If it does work out, it seems they are going to take a massive loss in the first year, at least

My guess is that they are looking at this long term and by bidding so high have virtually ruled out the competition. True in the meanwhile will lose subscribers and come the next set of bidding, it's doubtful they will be in the running. I know quite a lot of Thai families who have given up True, mainly because number one son is a Man U, City, Chelsea or Liverpool supporter and without EPL will throw a wobbly.....doesn't matter what the girls want.

Nope, picture does stutter occasionally. Sky news seems worse than others though. Rest I can live with BPL Channels seem to have no problem.

I think they might have forecast a loss in their first year. They also have revenue to come in from Laos and Cambodia don't forget.

Nope, picture does stutter occasionally. Sky news seems worse than others though. Rest I can live with BPL Channels seem to have no problem.

I think they might have forecast a loss in their first year. They also have revenue to come in from Laos and Cambodia don't forget.

do they have televisions,in them places,lol

do they have televisions,in them places,lol

Go and find out :)

Once the news starts talking of games coming up it might make more people think for sure they need CTH

That's a certainty. Thais are addicted to EPL as Brits ....... ok it involves gambling on the games in lots of cases, but I suppose Brits do that as well, just legally thumbsup.gif

I used to hate it when they called it the EPL. Guess you can get used to anything!

Funny story about an attempted installation of CTH in Bangkok.The poor potential customer had been waiting weeks for installation and the day came and the "technician" arrived in a taxi with the dish hanging out of the boot with a 1.5 metre step ladder. Seems the dish needed to go on the roof and obviously the ladder was too short and not a ladder to be found close by. He's still waiting. Our installer from the Hang Dong Rd shop was super efficient,all up and running in 30 minutes.biggrin.png Highly recommended.

I think they will.

I've just not got round to it, and I am sure that there are many football fans that are as lazy as I am.

I have been watching this thread with great interest. Thanks to the members on here I have found where my local CTH installer is and the cost involved.

I'll probably do it next week.....or the week afterwhistling.gif

Sparkles.....which shop was that?...the first one up from Makro or the second?

The first one with quite a few dishes outside including the blue CTH dish

I should have added that there is very little English spoken by staff so unless your Thai is up to scratch best to take a Thai speaking person .I let my wife do the negotiating but we have used them before to install IPM way back and there were no problems .After signing a customer agreement,all in Thai, we are now waiting for an invoice from CTH, All very weird and unprofessional with bits of paper going back and forth, why didn't they just open an office in CM ? The lady also insisted they were purely there for installation and if there was a dispute with invoicing we had to deal with Bangkok which doesn't exactly fill us with any confidence but so far so good.

I don't really watch the Premiership anymore, though I do watch England competitive games.

Does anyone know who has the rights to the remainder of the 2014 qualifiers?

And to be honest, England v the Jocks hardly comes under the heading of 'friendly' and would be good to watch next week.

Previously enojed the England games in the Olde Bell when in CM, so where will be good to go now?

Iain

I think true has the rights to the 2014 euro qualifiers. BUT RS have the rights for the finals next year! Big row brewing with RS and NBTC about this, as they will only make 22 games available on free Thai tv, the rest will be exclusive to their World Cup channel on the RS sun box system.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the CTH box?

I power up...box displays booting.....then NULL.

I repeat many times but still NULL.

On a few occasions it does show GOOD and displays the CTH screen but does not accept a channel selection.

I had exactly the same problem yesterday. If power goes off the box will automatically do a channel search once. You then need to exit from this menu. If you don't and power goes off again, then it won't do auto search. All you have to do if you see NULL sign on box is press the red button on remote. It'll perform a channel search. Then exit.

I had exactly the same problem yesterday. If power goes off the box will automatically do a channel search once. You then need to exit from this menu. If you don't and power goes off again, then it won't do auto search. All you have to do if you see NULL sign on box is press the red button on remote. It'll perform a channel search. Then exit.

Did that...goes back to null...tried a few times...same NULL !!!

If it doesn't load the channels could be problem with dish maybe

The TV says that the signal from the sattelite is 87% strong...the same as when it was installed.

I will call in the installer to sort it out...don realy need it until 17th but.....!!

Anyway,thanks for your suggestions

I don't really watch the Premiership anymore, though I do watch England competitive games.

Does anyone know who has the rights to the remainder of the 2014 qualifiers?

And to be honest, England v the Jocks hardly comes under the heading of 'friendly' and would be good to watch next week.

Previously enojed the England games in the Olde Bell when in CM, so where will be good to go now?

Iain

Can't remember the last time England played a competitive game - 1990 world cup maybe wink.png

I applied for 3 CTH cable boxes to fit my existing WE outlets at WeTv today,

Told them I don't want Sattelite.....they say one month wait, no probs

should hopefully get in time for the Boxing Day fixtures with any luck. Could be waiting a while for cable. I'd get the satellite if you can.