The Ashes In Chiang Mai

uptheos

If you go onto the BBC Cricket website you can listen to live ball by ball commentary on every test.

Yep, I do know that thanks, but I would much prefer to watch it................listening is not quite the same without Brian Johnson and Johnathan Agnew.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

That's great if Downunder are showing it. thumbsup.gif

But only streaming Ups so not guarantead sad.png

Looks like it might be friends and relatives time at The Great Barrier Reef.

Last time I watched The Ashes in Australia we were whitewashed and I can tell you, those bloody Aussie 'mates' were merciless..........I'm still traumatized. crying.gif

How did i know that 16 posts would reveal no answers...?!!

I spoke a couple of months ago with Sandy at the UN irish, and he said at the time they would not be able to get coverage. Then i spoke again more recently and he was hoping to get some kind of coverage, but it seemed like he meant through the internet.

Being that the ashes is the finest single sporting event in the whole calendar of sport - pushed close by the ryder cup it must be admitted - it borders on criminality to think that we don't get normal coverage on the cable here. The thought of not being able to watch it is horrendous, especially as england are in the ascendency these days.

• Like 1

That's great if Downunder are showing it. thumbsup.gif

But only streaming Ups so not guarantead sad.png

Looks like it might be friends and relatives time at The Great Barrier Reef.

Last time I watched The Ashes in Australia we were whitewashed and I can tell you, those bloody Aussie 'mates' were merciless..........I'm still traumatized. crying.gif

I have to say that i really like the way the aussies deal with winning in sport, and equally so how they deal with losing. It's as it should be, beat your great rivals and really rub it in. But lose to them, and pay your respects. The baggy greens do both very well! And i mean both the cricketers themselves and all typical sports fans.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

re

I guess the UN Irish will have it but don't know.

i dont think so !

state of origin and the lions tour yes

but there was no cricket being advertised last week : (

dave2

I know the irish is trying to get something sorted out but they are confident enough to be able to advertise it yet.

It's on STAR Cricket via JSat (or similar) and that's legit as you pay the subs. Also if you've a bar with a slingbox in place or you've got one yourself...

If you're hellbent on seeing the Ashes though I'd head to Pattaya where they're already advertising it in loads of places...

It's on STAR Cricket via JSat (or similar) and that's legit as you pay the subs. Also if you've a bar with a slingbox in place or you've got one yourself...

If you're hellbent on seeing the Ashes though I'd head to Pattaya where they're already advertising it in loads of places...

Yeah, right I'll just tell the missus I'm off to Pattaya for a few weeks to watch some cricket on TV. laugh.png

• Like 2

The (U.N) Irish pub are advertising in the July issue of CM City Life that they will have, amongst other sports, the Ashes Cricket, 1st Test, Wednesday July 10 onwards

Indeed they are.

http://www.unirishpub.com/

Can't miss watching the Aussies get thrashed! biggrin.png

Just as you most likely thought about the rugby last week eh?

The (U.N) Irish pub are advertising in the July issue of CM City Life that they will have, amongst other sports, the Ashes Cricket, 1st Test, Wednesday July 10 onwards

Indeed they are.

http://www.unirishpub.com/

Can't miss watching the Aussies get thrashed! biggrin.png

Just as you most likely thought about the rugby last week eh?

Rugby I don't mind.......but The Ashes, that's a different story.

I was in Oz when we were whitewashed.......I'm still traumatized from the bashing I took from 'my mates' passifier.gif

• Like 1