Formula 1 Heading For Phuket?

webfact

It does not matter where the f they make it! it will bring billions of bath to Thailand ! and yes they can build a track in 2 years that for sure ! Phuket and Bangkok are the best choices so lets stop complaining and start saying yes to new f______ing things in Thailand! Thailand needs good publicity !!

thailand doesnt deserve good publicity,get real,it shoots itself in the foot everyday,,f1 wont want a shambles that this country will produce,,

Wasn't there a plan mentioned a month or two ago to build a massive multi billion baht track and test circuit near Buriram . Now that would be better, as there would be more room there at a purpose built venue, could do the super bike events there too . I am suprprised every one is so easy to knock the idea , it is as a previous poster mentioned a much needed new event to push Thailand forward a bit .

who in the hell wants to go all the way to Buri ram there is nothing to do or see and Phuket is asking for trouble. It can be done in Bangkok, they have everything to offer the tourists who want to make a holiday of it to go with the racing.

High comedy...Of course it will never happen, but still begs the question of where the best location for it in Phuket would be. I'd say Koh Sireh would be an interesting candidate...Saphan Hin has had small-scale races before, but is way too small for an F1 circuit. I don't know of a single Thai who has any real interest in F1, so I guess it's all about the parallel religion here: tourism promotion.

From the first time I read about an F1 race in Thailand I was doubtfully.

Seems like a scheme to skim money from the government trough. The only

shred of credibility is because of Red Bulls involvement. No chance in Phuket.

Would have thought Phuket Island would be better suited to the WRC ?

It's got the airport, the hotels, the nightlife, i agree it's number 1 choice, but what about the scammers ???

but what about the scammers ???

You get them everywhere.......They have races in South America ! they have races in Mexico, would have thought Phuket would be better ?

BANGKOK, Thailand - Bangkok's chances of hosting a lucrative Formula
1 race have faded after planners banned car racing from the city's
historic quarter.

The city was touted to host a landmark F1 night race in 2015 with a
track mooted for the tourist area around the Grand Palace and a number
of major Buddhist temples but Bangkok's Metropolitan Authority has
halted the proposal with a law banning "car racing" from the zone......
more

http://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/Bang-goes-Bangkoks-F1-chances-20130607

Sadly, although we can all discuss the niceties of poor infrastructure, track construction, location etc., etc. the bottom line as to whether Thailand hosts a future F1 event is always going to be the size and destination of the backhander - no more, no less.

High comedy...Of course it will never happen, but still begs the question of where the best location for it in Phuket would be. I'd say Koh Sireh would be an interesting candidate...Saphan Hin has had small-scale races before, but is way too small for an F1 circuit. I don't know of a single Thai who has any real interest in F1, so I guess it's all about the parallel religion here: tourism promotion.

I thought they would already have the Central Underpass earmarked as Phuket's equivalent of the tunnel at Monte Carlo.

I thought they would already have the Central Underpass earmarked as Phuket's equivalent of the tunnel at Monte Carlo.

That would be great but let me refer you back to the 'central underpass thread and see the info...you may be surprised...smile.png

F1 New Jersey race next week has been put off till next year and that is in the USA, cannot see Thailand being ready for 2015

New Jersey F1--??? US Grand Prix is to be held this November 15-17 at COTA (Austin Texas)

I have tickets biggrin.png ...

F1 New Jersey race next week has been put off till next year and that is in the USA, cannot see Thailand being ready for 2015

New Jersey F1--??? US Grand Prix is to be held this November 15-17 at COTA (Austin Texas)

I have tickets biggrin.png ...

So you have tickets but for Austin........... NOT the 14 - 16th June 2013 at New Jersey F1 as this has again been put off until June 2014...... the deal /contract for the New Jersey F1 is getting shorter by the year..

http://www.newsonf1.com/tickets/usgp-newjersey.htm

http://www.grandprixweehawken.com/grandprix-race-weehawken/

Edited by ignis