Furor Over Famous Comedian Who Urged Thaksin To Come Home

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teng is not a bad guy. I used to go to his restaurant.

Why is everyone taking a comedian's words so seriously?

For a simple nonsensical reasoning...if you voted for PTP you are our enemies...this is their perspective..sick.gif

Actually in politics and in history, two wrongs are inevitably followed by a third and a fourth and a fifth etc.

BTW, Teng Terd, Pookee, and Op Aw are absolutely brilliant comediens.

If they were able to rock out full-on with cogent satire and wit, it might go a long way to defusing this thing.

When I first went to Thailand in 2005 I used to watch Teng Terd, Mum and the big guy (don't know his name) on television and laughed my head off, even though I had no idea what they were on about. Very talented comedians. Tukki is great too.

"So let me get this right... if this guy likes someone (Thaksin) whom you don't, then it must be for money and he's simply a political 'prostitute'. You (and a lot of Thais) need to read up on the meaning of democracy..."

So it's the Red way, or the highway ? whistling.gif

Hay Donnie Brasco you have posted in the wrong place.

This is not the auditions for comedian for the next PT party.

All you others leave Teng Terd he was only doing his job, he had to play to the audience in front of him.

What do you think would have happened to him if he had been critical of Thalsin or Yingluck?

Teng is not a bad guy. I used to go to his restaurant.

Why is everyone taking a comedian's words so seriously?

For a simple nonsensical reasoning...if you voted for PTP you are our enemies...this is their perspective..Posted Image

If he had refused to go to Nattawut's party he might have been labeled anti goverment. Basically, damned if he did or didn't. His comment abt "that guy" coming back, might have been sarcasm on his part. He didn't say come back in what context. Coulda been come back and get ur punishment.

"Today, Mr. Pongsak finally spoke out about the war of words in the online community. He said he did not intend to be political; he was merely "trying to please the hosts of the show". He insisted he was not Redshirt, and said he was there just because he was hired to entertain the audience at the birthday party.

"The color I define myself with is the color of Thai national flag. Please don′t pull me or my work into politics. I don′t have mind for politics. I′m done. From now I won′t take jobs from high profile people anymore. I′d rather do comedy shows to temple fairs. No troubles for me there," Mr. Pongsak was quoted as saying."

He's either a liar, or has no backbone what-so-ever. Either way, a total sell out.

Give him a break, what are the golden rules about dinner parties? Don't mention politics or religion. Here is a guy who's job is permanent (dinner party) entertainment. If he chooses to stay healthy and sane in his chosen profession, why shouldn't he? It takes enough guts to get up on stage and make a fool out of yourself or not. Try it sometime and see if you have the guts. . .

Comedians are the saviours of the world. . . they can do what they want

Another red prostitute. Pay him enough and he'll come to your birthday also and perform and say whatever you tell him to say.

Ahh, isn't that what professional entertainers do ? thumbsup.gif

Ooooooh...I see!

A cartoonist is executing his right of free speech (against the PM), he is cut down and people are outraged...and rightfully so!

A comedian is executing his right of free speech (somehow pro- Thaksin)...and the same outraged people call him a red shirt prostitute...a terd...should stick to his comedy and basically shut up.

In other words: the democracy- friendly TV- crowd, that has no problems with coups, if it only fits their political agenda!

Grrrrrrrreat!

(Noooooooooo, I am not a red-shirt supporter...or xxxxx...so save your breath!)

Actually its was the Thais who called him those names, TVF members are just commenting on the news report

Another red prostitute. Pay him enough and he'll come to your birthday also and perform and say whatever you tell him to say.

And so would any Ameriacon or European comedian.

Ooooooh...I see!

A cartoonist is executing his right of free speech (against the PM), he is cut down and people are outraged...and rightfully so!

A comedian is executing his right of free speech (somehow pro- Thaksin)...and the same outraged people call him a red shirt prostitute...a terd...should stick to his comedy and basically shut up.

In other words: the democracy- friendly TV- crowd, that has no problems with coups, if it only fits their political agenda!

Grrrrrrrreat!

Actually its was the Thais who called him those names, TVF members are just commenting on the news report

Wrong!

What's the furor about? I'm sure all law abiding citizens of Thailand also want this criminal fugitive to come home to serve his two year jail sentence and allow various other cases to proceed.

Someone should ask all three of them!

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.
  • Like 2

More power to him. Freedom of speech/expression. He's entitled to his own opinion or to chime whatever party line he likes. Agree or disagree its his right and I fully support his and everyone's right to express themselves.

More power to him. Freedom of speech/expression. He's entitled to his own opinion or to chime whatever party line he likes. Agree or disagree its his right and I fully support his and everyone's right to express themselves.

If someone in the media wants to start getting political, as this comedian has done by making a political comment that wasn't part of a routine or part of a joke, that's fine. His choice. When people react to what you say however, don't suddenly start scrambling backwards and pretending you didn't mean what you said, just because it has dawned on you that you might have alienated some of your audience and might lose some money.

Either stay neutral or be a man and stand behind your comments.

• Like 2

Ooooooh...I see!

Grrrrrrrreat!

Edited by metisdead, Today, 11:35 .

Inappropriate language removed.

It seems like they are just executing the same right of free speech you ascribe is due the comedian... but, evidently, not to them.

And they are at least managing to do so without having "inappropriate language removed" from their posts.

I think most people would like to see Thaksin come home and finish all this remote controlled government from Dubai.

No one will ever be in a better position to fight his case. He owns the ruling party and he runs the country.

The choice is his.

Edited by bigbamboo

Reminds me of another famous comedian Yoswaris, who hit the crowds funny bone when he gave the addresses of judges families on stage,.

Indeed, the red shirt leader/current government employee belongs back in jail for not being able to tell the difference between free speech and inciting violence/communicating threats.

The OP comedian is a much different situation by simply voicing his opinion, the same as those that voiced their opinion in opposition to his.

At first glance of the article I thought SNL (Saturday Night Live) was on the the turd list with Thailand again, but now it seems a famous Thai Turd himself, Teng Terd Terng made the royal list this time.cheesy.gif

Edited by rbrooks

Ooooooh...I see!

Grrrrrrrreat!

Thaksin and his crowd, whether they be any more corrupt than anyone else around here are GLOBALISTS. One must understand what globalism is and what it means in order to advance cogent criticism of these Reds. A non-Thai has no business whatsoever expressing reverence for and fealty to cultural and political institutions he does not understand.

For most of these Thaksin critics, Thai comedy is probably one of the institutions ;-) Thaksin critics would be better served if they learned about Globalism, the American Enterprise Institute, the Council on Foreign Relations, Davos, etc.

"I stumble in to town,

Just like a sacred cow

Visions of swastikas in my head

Plans for everyone," will indeed play out soon enough.

The anti-Thaksin pro-Sakdina yellow-slurpers in these threads and on TV in general aspire desperately to intimately identify with a mysterious and complex society they know little about. They use the same flag waves, they attempt the same cultural memes and they have a go at imitating the behavior of a native social sector that in fact despises them.

They remind me of the four-week hot-doggers who get by by "wai-ing" absolutely everyone under the sun, including the taxi driver. These days you don't get so much of it but back in the day these xxxxx would rise to any challenges to the nonsense they blabbed on about by claiming some connection to a lady-in-waiting or a big-deal bodyguard for yellowish noblesse.

You don't get so much of that any more.

Instead we get confused crowdsource mobs of culturally bewildered forum posters.

At every opportunity, they rush to the Yellow Terminal to grab a seat on the pedigree bus.

It's not that easy to do either.

This is politics. And we ain't in it.

That was a party political broadcast from a spokesman for the Backpackers for Thaksin Party wearing a a really cool Che T-shirt. Edited by yoshiwara
  • Like 2

The right to talk crap doesn't disguise that it is crap.

Ooooooh...I see!

Grrrrrrrreat!

Edited by metisdead, Today, 11:35 .

Inappropriate language removed.

It seems like they are just executing the same right of free speech you ascribe is due the comedian... but, evidently, not to them.

And they are at least managing to do so without having "inappropriate language removed" from their posts.

I am not denying their right to free speech. I am calling them on their hypocracy!

And you would see that, if you wouldn't have your nose so high up.

By the way: the word that was x'd out was just a stronger word for the word prostitute, so...