Brand New Car - No Money For Petrol

homeownership

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thais shouldn't need defending as a group, because we shouldn't be attacking them as a group.

Bue WE are not attacking them

-

A quick search reveals that you personally seem to dedicated yourself to the most vile inflammatory attacks not only on Thais in general but on all us expats.

You constantly use this "Thai apologist" label for anyone that doesn't share your bilious views.

I'm very surprised you've been allowed to continue when - whoops we're not allowed to talk about that, never mind. . .

• Like 2

I do not believe homeownership has a Thai friend who bought a new car. I don't even believe homeownership has any Thai friends. Classic troll thread. What a bunch of gullible twits you guys are.

Its not about the OP but the topic !!

Give the guy some credits that even you read the thread and commented on it. A negative for him but nevertheless......

So you guys want to discuss something that doesn't even exist? Sure, just make up any topic out of thin air about something that never happened (preferably with a negative slant towards the Thais), and the TV membership will be happy to chime in. Seems to occur on TV with worrisome regularity.

Can I ask you" Berkshire", how many hours do you spend every day on this forum defending Thais, and why ?

Wait for it...wait for it...if you don't like it,go home!sick.gif

I do not believe homeownership has a Thai friend who bought a new car. I don't even believe homeownership has any Thai friends. Classic troll thread.

What a bunch of gullible twits you guys are.

Just out of interest,how many friends do you have?

• Like 2

I do not believe homeownership has a Thai friend who bought a new car. I don't even believe homeownership has any Thai friends. Classic troll thread.

Just out of interest,how many friends do you have?

I would guess Berkshire has approx. 50 million + thai friends

• Like 2

Don't think Honda Civic qualified for the tax rebate scheme. sad.png

"According to the scheme, car buyers eligible for tax refunds must be at least 21 years old. They must hold ownership of the cars for at least five years. Their vehicles must not be worth more than one million baht, with engine capacity not exceeding 1,500 cc." Source

All civics are at least 1800 cc.

They must also be Thai.

Non-Thai workers paying tax while working in a Thai government institution (or anywhere else) need not apply.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong............

My understanding this government, 'Thairakthai', (Thai-Love-Thai) made an election promise. If they get into power they will see to it that everyone will get two keys....A key to a house and car.

The government will help each Thai citizen get cheap housing, (government employees first) and money back on a new car......10000 Baht back, I think in tax rebates.

I think the housing promise is a great idea, (still to see how this goes) but, the car thing, a lot of Thai's can't afford to buy and maintain a 'Click' let alone a 1000,000 Bath car. I wonder where the government cash back will end up?

Time soon to take advantage of the Hi-So car repossessions........And check-out the car auctions.

Are you really suggesting the price of second hand cars may come down as well in proportion to the cheaper available HI SO cars on the market?? I do not think so. Thai people are so much being ripped off in the second hand market, compared to the west. NO checks on mileage declarations , no checks on previous accident history etc etc , and yet near same price of a new car , under 5 years old, and please do not get me started on prices in car tents that are being asked for cars upto 25 years old , what a frigging joke !!! or am I being quted a farnang price ? no probably not when the price is often in the windoe of the car,, but if a thai buys it, i bet the discount is greater , isnt it?

Edited by daiwill60

My theory with the secondhand market here - not just cars - is that the sellers are willing to extend credit to buyers that wouldn't meet the criteria of those lending for the new market.

The loan percentage rates are in effect subsidized by the very high purchase price, and of course the collateral factor is built in.

I can't for the life of me otherwise imagine why Thais pay such exorbitantly higher prices for used goods relative to the new prices, it really is mind-boggling.

"According to the scheme, car buyers eligible for tax refunds must be at least 21 years old. They must hold ownership of the cars for at least five years. Their vehicles must not be worth more than one million baht, with engine capacity not exceeding 1,500 cc." Source

Honda City not Civic. My mistake.

The new car scheme repossessions will go into overdrive soon enough. Once the tax has been given back and spent or used to pay off money borrowed for the first 12 months payments. It should only damage the sub 1500cc >1mil segment of the market tho.

Somone I know got 8500 per month finance with a reported salary of 12000. They live in rented accommodation too. It took the bank all of 48hrs to approve.

How about me ?

I got a 11.300 Baht finance and I have NO income, and the Thai lady who signed guarantee has also NO income ( never had ) and has a finance on a car as well.

The new car scheme repossessions will go into overdrive soon enough. Once the tax has been given back and spent or used to pay off money borrowed for the first 12 months payments. It should only damage the sub 1500cc >1mil segment of the market tho.

Somone I know got 8500 per month finance with a reported salary of 12000. They live in rented accommodation too. It took the bank all of 48hrs to approve.

How about me ?

I got a 11.300 Baht finance and I have NO income, and the Thai lady who signed guarantee has also NO income ( never had ) and has a finance on a car as well.

Dont tell us lies Jbrain. You just made that up didnt you ?

Hey op, aren't you the same guy who made millions from some internet business and then retired to Chiang Mai?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but was sure it was you?

Hey op, aren't you the same guy who made millions from some internet business and then retired to Chiang Mai?

I am the same guy. Although I am not a prisoner in Chiang Mai, my other business interests take me all over the world, hence why I don't need a work permit, as someone alluded to a few weeks ago.

and the next line to this post is.

Homeownership does not exist, it is a figment of your imagination. A computer program is randomly writing posts in order to troll for responses so the site can make money from advertising.

The Illuminati/New World Order have penetrated the heart of the Thai Expat community in Thailand and are sending out subliminal messages to you.

Homeownership is a troll, because Berkshire says so. Well he would be if he existed right ? I think, I'm confused with this real and unreal stuff, help Berkshire. I need a lie down.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png lmfao

Edited by homeownership

I do not believe homeownership has a Thai friend who bought a new car. I don't even believe homeownership has any Thai friends. Classic troll thread. What a bunch of gullible twits you guys are.

and the next line to this post is. Homeownership does not exist, it is a figment of your imagination. A computer program is randomly writing posts in order to troll for responses so the site can make money from advertising.The Illuminati/New World Order have penetrated the heart of the Thai Expat community in Thailand and are sending out subliminal messages to you. Homeownership is a troll, because Berkshire says so. Well he would be if he existed right ? I think, I'm confused with this real and unreal stuff, help Berkshire. I need a lie down. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png lmfao

Namechange might be considered !

The Travelling Comedian ???

I am the same guy. Although I am not a prisoner in Chiang Mai, my other business interests take me all over the world, hence why I don't need a work permit, as someone alluded to a few weeks ago.

So let's see...you're supposedly an enormously successful businessman (in the IT business, no less), with a jet-setting lifestyle, who hobnobs with the rich and famous, a well-known entrepreneur in your field, and a multi millionaire several times over.

And here, you start a thread to diss some guy who bought a new guy and can't afford to pay for the gas. Yeah, that sounds plausible.

Hear, hear. There was a situation that a self-employed husband needed to go from Udon Thani to Bangkok.

He took his truck! At what cost? I reckon over 10,000 Baht. The VIP bus would have been 1,050 B return,

with food and drink and a nice reclining chair. 450 B for taxi rides. But hey, the guy wants to be seen with his ride.

The 10 grand he wasted will be sorely missed as his business is pretty bad.

How come that so many are going down in flames, wasting serious cash on I-phones and I-pads and needless junk?!?

That would be being concerned about the future, and this is LOS...................................