British National Busted For Dealing Heroin On Phuket

Lite Beer

Maybe he is NOT GUILTY ?? Maybe was a set up??? Pay back for something???

He has not even had a trial yet and you guys got him in prison already getting bummed by the local somchai's.

No way can get a fair trial ....

THEN, every farang must be squeaky clean eh and have fun eh. Millions do every year but WE know gob shits come here to do their stuff, and guess what, folk here defend them. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

put him in prison and let him rot, no good to man nor beast

So you are judge, jury and executioner in one. I see, not even a trial is needed.

>Lost a good friend forever to this disgusting drug. I'm sorry but I don't feel any pity or remorse for a young man that made his own bed.

Just wondered, if your friend that died had also been selling heroin to support his habit, would you have felt the same way about him? What if it was your son? Still the same way?

Yes, he was stupid.

Yes, he was just a small fish in a big sea.

Why did he do it? Possibly to support his drug habit? If he was a user, and an addict, he was sick and in need of medical attention.

Yes, he too is a victim of a corrupt system doomed to failure.

The war on drugs, has it worked anywhere? Defiantly not..I am of course not singling out Thailand, this is a world wide problem.

Yes, Heroin is a terrible drug.

When abused drugs are not good, including alcohol, which can be devastating to both the user and friends and family.

Yes, I too lost friends from this drug after the mafia in Australia dried up marijuana, then flooded the market with heroin back in the latter half of 1976..

Were my friends that died from heroin forced to take it? No, they did it of their own free will, because they were young, naive and uneducated about drugs,

Why? How is this possible? Because it is illegal and the same people that sell marijuana sell heroin and even worse designer drugs. In 1998 it was estimated the illicit drug industy had a turnover of around $400 billion per annum.." Hate to think of the turnover today.

The longer drugs laws stay as they are, the worse the designer drugs will become. The more powerful the Mr Bigs are becoming the world over.

So what is the solution? Education, legalization and drug rehabilitation programs. Locking up stupid young naive people will not save this world.

If that is true, why isn't it legal? Because the people that make the laws are either naive or possibly even worse are the ones that stand to gain by the drugs being illegal.

It is easier to get heroin in prison than in the street, if you can't keep drugs out a secure place like a prison, how the hell can you keep it out of the community? I am not in any way condoning what this stupid young British national did, to the contrary, but I do feel sorry for him and don't feel the punishment he will face, if convicted, fits the crime..

Did we not learn anything from the dark days of prohibition of alcohol in the USA?

""So what is the solution? Education, legalization and drug rehabilitation programs. Locking up stupid young naive people will not save this world.""

The problem is that "young" and "naive" goes together.

So some drugs look attractive.

Education, legalization, did not work for nicotine. 52% of young stupid thais are addicted to it.

Heroin is one hell of a bad drug. Legalizing it, not a chance. Legalizing marijuana is long overdue.

A heroin user becomes a seller and/or a thief, because it is a very expensive habit.

Making the consequences of heroin dealing only a slap on the wrist, associated with some rehabilitation program, would end-up making more and more stupid young naive kids addicted to it. And becoming dealers etc.

I do not want my kid to have any opportunity to have access to heroin.

• Like 1

Maybe he is NOT GUILTY ?? Maybe was a set up??? Pay back for something???

He has not even had a trial yet and you guys got him in prison already getting bummed by the local somchai's.

No way can get a fair trial ....

Maybe read the story again, he confess the drugs belong to him, he tried to sell it to an undercover agent. Throw the key away

• Like 1

Maybe mummy and daddy will front the cash to have this matter "mediated" away.

On Phuket, you can attempt to murder someone, and end up shooting two innocent tourists doing it, and you can have that case "mediated."

This drug matter shouldn't be a problem for "mediation." smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

I've yet to see a drugs bust story that begins "acting on the evidence amassed through many hours of solid police work.....", instead of "acting on a tip-off...". It's suspicious to say the least....

I've yet to see a drugs bust story that begins "acting on the evidence amassed through many hours of solid police work.....", instead of "acting on a tip-off...". It's suspicious to say the least....

Yup.

Probably sold some to a Thai, who then went to the police to say that there's a young farang selling heroin without a police license, and for either x amount up front, or x% of moneys made, he'll gladly pass on the information.

Edited by Salapoo

why would you hear that as regards a small time bust like this?

put him in prison and let him rot, no good to man nor beast

So you are judge, jury and executioner in one. I see, not even a trial is needed.

Lost a good friend forever to this disgusting drug. I'm sorry but I don't feel any pity or remorse for a young man that made his own bed.

Just wondered, if your friend that died had also been selling heroin to support his habit, would you have felt the same way about him? What if it was your son? Still the same way?

Yes, he was stupid.

Yes, he was just a small fish in a big sea.

Why did he do it? Possibly to support his drug habit? If he was a user, and an addict, he was sick and in need of medical attention.

Yes, he too is a victim of a corrupt system doomed to failure.

The war on drugs, has it worked anywhere? Defiantly not..I am of course not singling out Thailand, this is a world wide problem.

Yes, Heroin is a terrible drug.

When abused drugs are not good, including alcohol, which can be devastating to both the user and friends and family.

Yes, I too lost friends from this drug after the mafia in Australia dried up marijuana, then flooded the market with heroin back in the latter half of 1976..

Were my friends that died from heroin forced to take it? No, they did it of their own free will, because they were young, naive and uneducated about drugs,

Why? How is this possible? Because it is illegal and the same people that sell marijuana sell heroin and even worse designer drugs. In 1998 it was estimated the illicit drug industy had a turnover of around $400 billion per annum.." Hate to think of the turnover today.

The longer drugs laws stay as they are, the worse the designer drugs will become. The more powerful the Mr Bigs are becoming the world over.

So what is the solution? Education, legalization and drug rehabilitation programs. Locking up stupid young naive people will not save this world.

If that is true, why isn't it legal? Because the people that make the laws are either naive or possibly even worse are the ones that stand to gain by the drugs being illegal.

It is easier to get heroin in prison than in the street, if you can't keep drugs out a secure place like a prison, how the hell can you keep it out of the community? I am not in any way condoning what this stupid young British national did, to the contrary, but I do feel sorry for him and don't feel the punishment he will face, if convicted, fits the crime..

Did we not learn anything from the dark days of prohibition of alcohol in the USA?

i wonder if you would be spouting the same <deleted> if he gave your son or daughter the drug,??

he new what he was doing, like the old saying if you cant to the time then dont do the crime,

no simpothy what so ever from me,

jake

Edited by pigeonjake
  • Like 2

6.1 grams eh....

phuketnews_British_national_John_Robert_

What happened to the other 6 bottles on show?

Perhaps at 22 he could say that he thought itwas powdered Dimoxinil.

hadn't noticed at first, but you are right, if i were in the market for some heroin, i would want to buy from someone using those scales.

• Like 1

Hope he gets to read Warren Fellows book 'The Damage Done' to prepare himself for the next 15-20 years. Lucky he is so young! Idiot.

I think that book is a little bit exaggerated...

They got caught in the late 70's. I don't think it is too far from the truth for the period.

My work was in in Drug and Alcohol. I have met a few people having done time in overseas goals. Their stores are also gruesome, particular the beatings if you were not goal smart. Drugs are in all the goal systems.

Hayward committed suicide after returning to Australia, whilst Fellows spent 2 weeks in hospital upon his return to Australia (a result of his living condition inThia goal).

Drugs have no glamour in the end.

Hope he gets to read Warren Fellows book 'The Damage Done' to prepare himself for the next 15-20 years. Lucky he is so young! Idiot.

I think that book is a little bit exaggerated...

They got caught in the late 70's. I don't think it is too far from the truth for the period.

My work was in in Drug and Alcohol. I have met a few people having done time in overseas goals. Their stores are also gruesome, particular the beatings if you were not goal smart. Drugs are in all the goal systems.

Hayward committed suicide after returning to Australia, whilst Fellows spent 2 weeks in hospital upon his return to Australia (a result of his living condition inThia goal).

Drugs have no glamour in the end.

I am not saying that the conditions aren't bad, but like movies books are glorified to sell copies..

Funny - this guy's been arrested for selling something to people who asked him for it and sections of the TV 'community' are calling for him to be raped. If he'd been found guilty of killing his wife they'd be looking for mitigation.

It's amazing how the judiciary becomes so much more reliable when they're prosecuting someone you don't like.

The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons.

Damn straight, Mr. Dostoyevsky.

• Like 1

I think you will find the drug flow is more likely to be out of Thailand than into it. I believe most of the drugs here come in from places like Burma and Laos (the Golden Triangle) where jungle boarder crossings are easy. Yabba and Ya Ice (Speed and Meth Amphetamine) are the choices of drug here as it is cheap and plentiful. Bar girls get "sucked in" to it as it "keeps them slim and attractive" for the customers. It also helps them stay up all night. These drugs are rife in Isaan (I have heard it refered to as Isaan cigarette) and the population there has no idea of it's potential long term consequences (no word in Thai for that anyway). ONCE AGAIN LACK OF EDUCATION. Peer pressure is a large contributing factor here too.

• Like 1

Acting on a police tip-off...I guess the local dealers didn't like the farang taking their job away. /TV-CSI

I can't help feeling sorry though for such a young guy to throw away the best years of his life for a few Baht and maybe a few good times.

Yes. The neon, the girls, the pounding music, sunshine, the breathtaking sense of real freedom away from the claustrophobic restraints of the boring country you came from... Enough to tempt many a youngster into crime in order to stay longer. That said, he still committed a crime and should be punished. Let us hope other young funseekers learn from this and refrain from having anything to do with drugs in Thailand or worse, Malaysia.