I Thought Thais Hated Losing Face?

klubex99

Another photo doing the rounds on the big Thai web boards and all over Facebook.

219.jpg

If this was the prime minister of my home country, the people would feel humiliated before the rest of the world. Talk about losing face, does this even exist here? This was taken while she was attending a meeting of government business.

If I was a Thai citizen, I 'd feel embarrassed especially if I had a hand in voting this person to power. Yingluk clearly is not cut out for the job. It is little wonder that there have been 18 governments overthrown since the late sixties.

I am loving this new obsession with taking photos on phones and putting them out all over the internet. Do you think Barrack Obama or David Cameron would be photographed like this? This is what separates Thai politics from the rest of the civilized world.

nothing in the photo is suggesting she sleeps, the posture of the left hand in fact suggests otherwise.

people publishing such photos and suggesting she sleeps need to be slapped across the face a few times

• Like 1

nothing in the photo is suggesting she sleeps, the posture of the left hand in fact suggests otherwise.

people publishing such photos and suggesting she sleeps need to be slapped across the face a few times

True. It actually looks like she's trying to read the small print on the rice pledging paperwork :)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

Policy In General Regarding Thailand Election/Political Discussions

As a result of the great increase in posts about politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the Thailand News Forum.

Non-political topics in General which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

Thanks for your understanding and participation on Thaivisa.

Thaivisa moderating team

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/468924-policy-in-general-regarding-thailand-political-discussions/

CLOSED