Shish, Shisha?

penzman

the sheesha apparatus is the 'hooka' or famed water pipe popularised in the 60s that was used to smoke hash in the US and Europe. Arabs will usually congregate and drink tea or coffee and share a pipe with flavored tobacco. It is quite pleasant to sit out on a cooler winter night in the desert and have a puff. Unfortunately they have been banned from the nicer hotels...politically correct BS akin to banning smoking in bars in California, NY and Ireland (don't know what the local sheiks were thinking).

Nobel Peace Prize winner Tutsi's attempt to further cultural understanding...

Arabs will usually congregate and drink tea or coffee and share a pipe with flavored tobacco.

Plenty of this in Turkey - tried an apple flavour one while there, it didn't really do much for me (just did it cause it was the touristy thing to do :o ).

Nat...you must have been in Anatolia...I was in Bursa in the west for 3 months and never saw none...

I did admire the local couture...rumpled suits and fez-like head gear. People used to drink a lot of the local tea that I described elsewhere...home of Iskender, originator of the skewered rotating kebab.

Nat...you must have been in Anatolia...I was in Bursa in the west for 3 months and never saw none...

Yep, saw them round cappadocia as I got lost and ended up in a turkish bath - it was a nightmare (but that's another story :D ). Had the smoke in Goreme - really liked turkey, except couldn't use my proper name there as it was used to describe a certain professional group :o (I'm sure you understand esp after spending so much time there :D )