Multiple entry O (family)

Struggling to work out a few things, last minute....

I've a multiple entry one year 'O' (family, divorced but father of Thai child and have full custody) - first time I've had this visa.

The first entry stamp into Thailand was dated September 17 in 2012.

I am now back in Europe, flying into Bangkok on Sunday June 16. When does this visa expire - exactly 12 months from the September 17 arrival date?

Secondly, do I have to leave Thailand to get my next one year family O, and if so where is a good option for getting it renewed - I've family in Singapore, is that ok?

Thanks guys... sorry if it's all in other threads but this is a last minute trip to Thailand, and I haven't found the info yet....

And getting another in Asia may not be easy - but you may be able to extend your stay on the same 400/40k financials as marriage if that is possible. Most Consulates in the area will only issue a single entry non immigrant O visa.

Great thanks. Ok so it expires September 5th (use before Sept 6th). This is less than 90 days from my arrival this Sunday June 16th. I suppose that's not a problem...

I definitely need a one year family O but multiple entry. Where's the nearest I can go to be sure of getting this? I'll have the minimum 400K baht etc, for considerably more than the three months necessary before applying for the new visa, the divorce docs, stating I have full custody, etc...

(And yes the original visa was on the basis of having a Thai child and full custody, the financials are the same as with a Thai wife).

Edited by wedders

Make a border run very near Sept 5th and you will get another 90 days on that visa. You can then extend your stay for one year at immigration with proof of family status and funds. Once you receive your extension of stay, get a multiple re-entry permit.

• Like 1

Thanks. Just checking I've got this right. With the 400k+ in the bank for at least 3 months prior to expiry, I can make a border run and get another 90 days extension of stay on top of the 1 year family 'O' just expired? Then when that 90 days extension is up, via the local immigration office I can get a one year multi-entry visa? So I don't actually need to do a Singapore or Perth or whatever trip and go through the whole process I originally went through to get the first family 'O' visa?

Immigration give you a single one year extension, you purchase a multi re-entry permit at the same time allowing you to leave Thailand as often as you need to without jeopardizing the validity of the extension.

Extension costs 1900, multi re-entry permit is 3000 or 3800 (someone will confirm)

you could get a one year multi-entry visa, from the local immigration office whilst on this trip and saves having to do a border run, either way would be ok, just do what is easier for you, just ask at the local office for advice early so you can prepare, money seasoned etc.

all the best

Immigration Offices do not issue multi entry visas.

They will issue a One Year Extension of Stay if you qualify. 1,900 Baht

They will also issue a Multi Re Entry Permit. 3,800 Baht

There is also no need to have the 400,000 in the bank for 3 months.

You can get a new 90 day entry stay with your current visa on 5 September allowing stay as now until early December or you can do during last 30 days of current entry.

Get a one year extension of stay by applying up to 30 days before permitted to stay date at local immigration office for 1,900 baht and using normal TM.7 form with proof of being parent/custody/living with child and having 400k in bank at time of application (there is no time in account requirement).

But from your previous posts it does not seem that you are living as a family in Thailand so visa entry may be all you can obtain and as said in local area that will likely only be single entry. Can not say what Consulate would be sure to issue a multi entry at the time you apply.

But from your previous posts it does not seem that you are living as a family in Thailand so visa entry may be all you can obtain and as said in local area that will likely only be single entry.  Can not say what Consulate would be sure to issue a multi entry at the time you apply.

Not quite sure what you mean by this? I was living with my Thai daughter on a permanent basis in Thailand from mid-September until May 5th. I've been for a six week trip to Europe (with my daughter), returning June 16th. My daughter and I live in a rented house on a 1 year renewable lease in Thailand. So we're definitely living 'as a family' in Thailand, although obviously not with my ex-wife! :)

I think Lop was a little confused by the way you wrote the dates in your OP.

You can get an extension of stay based upon having a Thai child if you have legal custody of your child at immigration. Was custody granted by an Amphoe or a Thai court? Some immigration offices will not accept the Amphoe documents.

You will have to apply for your extension at the office where you live and will need to prove address. Some offices will only accept a rental/lease agreement as proof of address.

You will need copies (plus original) of her birth certificate, house book and custody documents.

For proof of bank balance of 400K baht you will need a letter (dated day before application) from bank confirming balance plus copies of bank book.

Edited by ubonjoe

rolleyes.gif A non O multi-entry visa is good for one year (normally) from the date it is ISSUED by the Thai consulate you get it from.

The date of arrival in Thailand has no effect on that expiration date ..... but each entry will get you a 90 day stay on entry.

So that's the answer, your non O multi-entry visa expires 1 year after it is issued.

There should be a stamp on it that says something like, "Must be used before ...(date here)...".

rolleyes.gif

But from your previous posts it does not seem that you are living as a family in Thailand so visa entry may be all you can obtain and as said in local area that will likely only be single entry. Can not say what Consulate would be sure to issue a multi entry at the time you apply.

Not quite sure what you mean by this? I was living with my Thai daughter on a permanent basis in Thailand from mid-September until May 5th. I've been for a six week trip to Europe (with my daughter), returning June 16th. My daughter and I live in a rented house on a 1 year renewable lease in Thailand. So we're definitely living 'as a family' in Thailand, although obviously not with my ex-wife! smile.png

Took (wrongly) from your first post not mentioning being with daughter and only saying:

I am now back in Europe, flying into Bangkok on Sunday June 16.