Thai Education Ministry introduces "Pakistan Corner"

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...why do they always steal my ideas? I was going to set up a 'Pakistan corner' out the front of my village until 'someone' that works at Thammasat also just happened to have the same idea! It was all planned out, right down to my sign printed in stylish black ink on green paper that read 'Pakistan Corner' I was going to put that on my table, along with stuff from Pakistan er...like Pakistani ice cream and a teddy bear that says the word 'Pakistan' when you push a button located near its anus. I was sure the Thai's would literally fall over themselves to talk with me, clad in traditional Pakistani dress, hair dyed black and sporting a funny accent. The market is HUGE as we all know how close Thais are to Pakistanis.

Oh well, plan B is to set up an 'Oblong Corner' where I give speeches about oblongs and sell oblong things..like an oblong circle made of cheese.

Pakistan is a cricketers Mecca,they take the game very seriously,therefore would it not be in Pakistans interests to coach an international Thai team to participate in the cricket world cup. As gambling on the honest game is huge,who would you bet on winning.

See they don't mention religion in the list (everything else though) but if you ask a Pakistani or any Muslim for that matter what is the most important thing they would say Islam,

I think this is a big problem, people in authority are scared of them. Why don't people just come out and discuss the Islam problem?

See they don't mention religion in the list (everything else though) but if you ask a Pakistani or any Muslim for that matter what is the most important thing they would say Islam,

I think this is a big problem, people in authority are scared of them. Why don't people just come out and discuss the Islam problem?

Pakstani cuture is mentioned in the OP, thereby Islam. Thammasat University does have an Islamic studies course. The Uni has published "A Case Study of Malay-Muslims of Southern Thailand"

Edited by simple1

Hopefully they will forgo the shooting in the head of schoolgirls who wish to be educated.

www.telegraph.co.uk › NewsWorld NewsAsiaPakistan

BTW Are translations of the Koran now acceptable? Will Thai madrassa students now learn their national language instead of Arabic?

Don't personally know about Thai madrassa, but the Thai Muslims I know use study material that has content in Arabic with the Thai translation below. Do not know if this material is funded by the King. Again the Thai Muslims I know do not understand Arabic but learn the phonetics for Arabic script, which is then used in prayer sessions.

In reference to Thai madrassa I have come across the following and URL at:

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/thailand-introduces-modern-science-subjects-in-madrassas_644999.html

"The school uses English language in teaching Science, Mathematics, English, Physical Education and Computers. Arabic is used in teaching all religious subjects. The curriculum is made by the government officials with consultation from Muslim leaders"

The school used as an example has 1,307 male students and 3,045 female students

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Hopefully they will forgo the shooting in the head of schoolgirls who wish to be educated.

BTW Are translations of the Koran now acceptable? Will Thai madrassa students now learn their national language instead of Arabic?

Don't personally know about Thai madrassa, but the Thai Muslims I know use study material that has content in Arabic with the Thai translation below. Do not know if this material is funded by the King. Again the Thai Muslims I know do not understand Arabic but learn the phonetics for Arabic script, which is then used in prayer sessions.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/thailand-introduces-modern-science-subjects-in-madrassas_644999.html

"The school uses English language in teaching Science, Mathematics, English, Physical Education and Computers. Arabic is used in teaching all religious subjects. The curriculum is made by the government officials with consultation from Muslim leaders"

The link would be more informative if there was some indication of the balance of time spent on each subject. No mention of learning THAI????

My post and link referred to female education in Pakistan, and the risks therein.

The link would be more informative if there was some indication of the balance of time spent on each subject. No mention of learning THAI????

My post and link referred to female education in Pakistan, and the risks therein.

Curriculum is made by Thai government officials, you think that they do not teach Thai? Website is in Thai so...

Extract from a UNESCO report on Pakistan: The overall literacy rate at 26 per cent and the rate for girls and women at 12 per cent. There are around 250 girls colleges, and two medical colleges for women in the public sector. Some 7 million girls under 10 go to primary schools, 5.4 million between 10 and 14 attend lower secondary school, and 3 million go to higher secondary schools. About 1.5 million and 0.5 million girls respectively go to higher secondary schools/colleges and universities.

http://www.unesco.org/education/efa/know_sharing/grassroots_stories/pakistan_2.shtml

• Like 1

The question we should be asking is why these Southern Muslims, who apparently should be so grateful for funding from HM The King as continuously pointed out to all and sundry, and should be so grateful to be 'Thai' are flocking to illegal madrassas, funded by Saudi Arabia to study wahhabism?

There are over 200 wahhabi madrassa schools in Southern Thailand which are not part of the government curriculum.

Pakistan also enjoys ample funding for its Madrassas from Saudi Arabia.

The answers are obvious when one understands Thailand's counter-reaction to the insurgencies between 1960 and 1990, and their human rights violations, torture, murders that reignited the crisis earlier this century and the death squads and other unacceptable methods of dealing with the situation since. That is not even considering the continuing oppression of the local traditions, culture and language.

Nor did it start as part of some Islamic extremism as the bigots would like you to believe.

Thailand bit off more than it could chew and can't swallow.

• Like 1

Surely NOT newsworthy..... I can't see a single thing they would have in common with each other.... So far apart culturally it's like chalk and cheese. Much better for Thai educators and academics to start REALLY concentrating on ASEAN and focus!

They're both in the world's top 10 countries for terrorism.

But I will admit, I'm struggling to think of a second thing...

They cheat at cricket. Totally unforgivable.

Curriculum is made by Thai government officials, you think that they do not teach Thai? Website is in Thai so...

Extract from a UNESCO report on Pakistan: The overall literacy rate at 26 per cent and the rate for girls and women at 12 per cent. There are around 250 girls colleges, and two medical colleges for women in the public sector. Some 7 million girls under 10 go to primary schools, 5.4 million between 10 and 14 attend lower secondary school, and 3 million go to higher secondary schools. About 1.5 million and 0.5 million girls respectively go to higher secondary schools/colleges and universities.

http://www.unesco.org/education/efa/know_sharing/grassroots_stories/pakistan_2.shtml

WOW! 12% literacy rate - now that's something to declare with pride. And some of those get shot in the head by religious militants, girl's schools get burned by others, bombs explode in mosques and marketplaces. Actually the literacy figures I have are far higher than that (by a factor of 5+), but I think it would be reasonable to add to your figures for female education that the population as of 2011 was 187+ million.

There are other reports of higher lieracy rates, but UNESCO claims they are not correct. Plus World Bank claims percentile of population living in poverty has increased. Very corrupt government, feudal society. Unsurprisingly Islamic extremism seems to be on the increase who kill or attempt to do so, government miniisters/leaders who speak out against radical Islam. From the outside a very conflicted society, not on my list of places to visit.

http://dawn.com/2013/04/30/jump-in-pakistans-poverty-level/

Edited by simple1

What do u know about pakistan?a dirty underdevelopd country?just see news about pakistan in news.they never show actul face of pakistan and rubbish like u beleive what u see in news.3 days before in usa one person kill 3 people after they knew that person name morin(english name) so that person call mad.but is hiz name muhammad or abdull some thing its call terorist.all bed thing belong to islamic country.they never show good face to these islamic countries.when any news about islamic country they show on dirty area .never show high socity so stupid like u who never see country they think DIRTY UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRY

Or it's just a public way to stroke Pakistans embassy weenies

to get them to buy more over priced government rice.

One corner of a single University library, a few posters and a few books.

And more press coverage than it deserves for any reason,

that doesn't somehow profit the government some how...

or just as DISTRACTION.

• Like 1

There is only one topic that I am aware of that is off limits to this forum and even limited discussion of that is permitted.

The problem with those who wish to argue about religion come to the debate with few weapons and an arsenal of prejudice.

The discussion, if it ever gets off the ground, will need to be in a different thread, however.

A number of off-topic and troll posts have been deleted along with replies.

• Like 1

On a more positive note more mature TV posters amongst us, especially those who lived and worked in London, will remember a time when the only place you could buy food after 6pm was your local 'Paki Shop' as all the English ones had shut up shop and gone home for their dinner. They were a boon to us back then, bless 'em.

What do u know about pakistan?a dirty underdevelopd country?just see news about pakistan in news.they never show actul face of pakistan and rubbish like u beleive what u see in news.3 days before in usa one person kill 3 people after they knew that person name morin(english name) so that person call mad.but is hiz name muhammad or abdull some thing its call terorist.all bed thing belong to islamic country.they never show good face to these islamic countries.when any news about islamic country they show on dirty area .never show high socity so stupid like u who never see country they think DIRTY UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRY

The Pakistan Penal Code prohibits blasphemy against any recognised religion, providing penalties ranging from a fine to death. An accusation of blasphemy commonly subjects the accused, police, lawyers, and judges to harassment, threats, and attacks. An accusation is sometimes the prelude to vigilantism and rioting.

Calls for change in the blasphemy laws have been strongly resisted by Islamic parties.

Prominent figures like Salman Taseer (the former governor of Punjab) and Shahbaz Bhatti (the Federal Minister for Minorities) have been assassinated for their opposition to the blasphemy laws.

Wonderful place, can't wait to not go there.