Drunk Man arrested after throwing Paving Slabs at Tourists on Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Real rocket scientist here. The police wouldn't help him with his report so he blames the farangs.

Sort of like the farang rocket scientists on TV who blame all Thais for virtually anything that happens ... or quite often anything they imagine may have happened or could have happened regardless of any tangible evidence.

Not sort of, exactly that.

Real rocket scientist here. The police wouldn't help him with his report so he blames the farangs.

Sort of like the farang rocket scientists on TV who blame all Thais for virtually anything that happens ... or quite often anything they imagine may have happened or could have happened regardless of any tangible evidence.

Yep! those Thais just get on yer nerves. rolleyes.gif

There you have it a tourist through a paving slab at a taxi, because the driver could not bear the sign of a finger, so he stopped and confronted the tourist - Now we have a Thai national who throws a paving slab at a tourist, which one got arrested and have to pony-up money Oh silly question. What a bunch of xenophobic morons the Thai police are.

Good memory

Ya the farang definitely got held responsible for his action. Unlike this Thai man...

Was that the Aussie who gave the "forks" and got arrested and fined. The bloody fool should have been throwing paving slabs as thats ok !

I think TV needs a Pattaya member to go out and test the paving slab throwing theory tonight and see if they get the same treatment, don't forget to report your bag stolen first though.

There you have it a tourist through a paving slab at a taxi, because the driver could not bear the sign of a finger, so he stopped and confronted the tourist - Now we have a Thai national who throws a paving slab at a tourist, which one got arrested and have to pony-up money Oh silly question. What a bunch of xenophobic morons the Thai police are.

A very drunk and disheveled Thai guy rode his motorcycle into the passenger side of my car. T-bone. He fell in a pile on the ground. Both his motorcycle and my door needed serious repairs. The police arrived. I pointed out that it looks like this gentleman is in the wrong for a)running a red light, b)driving into the side of my car and c) so drunk he could barely walk. The police said yes, clearly.

The the Policeman said something very wise. He said I should just go and get my own door fixed. I asked why he wasnt arresting the guy and would not support my efforts to get him to pay for the door. I said "Look at him. He is very drunk."

The Police wisdom was "how are you going to get money from a drunk?"

It actually made a lot of sense.

Even my insurance company rep who arrived soon thought it made sense.

So an Aussie throws a rock at a reckless Thai and the Thais are all over him. We never get to hear his story. He ends up paying out 20,000 bahts to the Thai.

A Thai throws a rock at tourists (more than likely men, women and children) in a very busy pedestrian area and nothing happens until a policeman "spots" him. We get to hear his sad story and now what is he going to pay out? Nothing?

What a bunch of sick, feeble-minded, racist individuals.

Welcome to Thailand!

Edited by cup-O-coffee

I know Thailand is not the Philippines, but when the locals act up like that, they end up with a plastic bag around their head and a rope aaround the next in a burned out car parked next to the cemetary. If you look closely, you will see a sign attached to the rope saying STOP <deleted> WITH TOURISTS. Its economics.

A very drunk and disheveled Thai guy rode his motorcycle into the passenger side of my car. T-bone. He fell in a pile on the ground. Both his motorcycle and my door needed serious repairs. The police arrived. I pointed out that it looks like this gentleman is in the wrong for a)running a red light, b)driving into the side of my car and c) so drunk he could barely walk. The police said yes, clearly.

The the Policeman said something very wise. He said I should just go and get my own door fixed. I asked why he wasnt arresting the guy and would not support my efforts to get him to pay for the door. I said "Look at him. He is very drunk."

The Police wisdom was "how are you going to get money from a drunk?"

It actually made a lot of sense.

Even my insurance company rep who arrived soon thought it made sense.

take his bike and sell it

Good memory

Ya the farang definitely got held responsible for his action. Unlike this Thai man...

1. The farang who through (threw) the slab at the taxi was arrested, but not charged.

2. The Thai guy who threw the paver at tourists was likewise arrested, and likewise not charged.

The farang had to accept some monetary responsibility for his actions, because he hurled the slab through (through) the taxi's window.

Give the cops a break <deleted>.

and if he'd actually injured someone..............................

It's called endangering the public, and in the west he'd be in the clink awaiting a psychiatric assesment, not released to perhaps do it again.

You can't be saying because something happened in one case that it has a bearing on this case. They are seperate.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Could be he was ripped off by some "down in the dirt" broke Farang and thus made the generalization that all Farang are to blame. Not that I know any Farang here who would EVER generalize with regard to ethnicity.

he was spotted throwing paving slabs at tourists.

The suspect, who refused to give his real name

No charges were filed against the man.

Incredible.

I'm going to try that next time. Do something stupid and violent, refuse to give my name when I'm arrested, and then they will just let me walk free later so I can do it again and again until I really hurt someone or even kill them. Sounds like a plan.

The police did not want to charge him because the man already made claims he had no money...

He made a report earlier:

"he had reported the theft of a bag at Pattaya Police Station earlier in the night"

So there you go cant charge a man for money when they already know it was stolen...

THAT's the solution.........report your wallet stolen at Soi 9 and after that: PARTY time. What ever you do or mis-do..........whistling.gif