Honda sh150i

I am at honda dealer now and have seen the new honda sh150i today.

Looks better than pcx for sure but it is 100,000 thb!

I am not sure if they give the givi bow and ermax windshield with the bike.

Although it looks european style, still it is expensive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-114750-13712012701649_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13712012867032_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13712013039614_thumb.jpg

I have learned that the first few hundred bikes get free box and windshield - anyhow 100k, I think better opt for the Forza 300Cc

coffee1.gif

Or wait for the SH300? The Forza engine is based on or is the SH300.

The SH150i engine has different characteristics than the PCX. Figures are always bandied about but from what I can ascertain SH has almost 2 HP more? 15.5 vs 13.6. What I can say for sure is that the after-market variators are different.

Edited by VocalNeal

Wow. Honda just keeps pumping them out, this is amazing. Now they are selling the EU models here...

100k .... probably still cheaper than the same bike in Europe?! Looks a lot nicer than the PCX which frankly is not hard...

In the newspaper ad there is a white sh150 with a white top box. Looks much better than the black ones in the pix.

Edited by nikster

Nice windshield and box though. If you want to buy them alone, i am sure they cost around 10 k at least.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Free Givi top box and Ermax windscreen for the first 1,000 Sh150s purchased.

enkei rims and good tires.

looking good quality as well way more than pcx. I am sure the quality of the materials are better too.

But i think the same engine as pcx150. As it is written the same ESP thing on the bike.

it looks nice from sides as well.

If pcx 150 is around 85 k i think this bike is OK for a 100 k - 105 k and sure it will sell- and i am sure it gets cheaper soon.

enkei rims and good tires.

looking good quality as well way more than pcx. I am sure the quality of the materials are better too.

But i think the same engine as pcx150. As it is written the same ESP thing on the bike.

it looks nice from sides as well.

If pcx 150 is around 85 k i think this bike is OK for a 100 k - 105 k and sure it will sell- and i am sure it gets cheaper soon.

>>If pcx 150 is around 85 k i think this bike is OK for a 100 k - 105 k<<

It looks like it was designed to modernaise a stock Honda Wave ,by adding on some cheap plastic parts .

Edited by anto

I've seen it in the flesh. I can't imagine why anyone would buy it over the PCX at that price. In fact, it could be cheaper and I would still prefer a PCX.

Exactly, looks like a 60k baht scooter to me.

Not sure why it's so expensive, is it imported?

I've seen it in the flesh. I can't imagine why anyone would buy it over the PCX at that price. In fact, it could be cheaper and I would still prefer a PCX.

Yes, it is made in Vietnam.

Does that mean part of the inflated price is due to import tax? Or is it part of the ASEAN free trade agreement?

Paying a premium for a German or Italian bike is one thing, but for a Vietnamese bike?

Does that mean part of the inflated price is due to import tax? Or is it part of the ASEAN free trade agreement?

Paying a premium for a German or Italian bike is one thing, but for a Vietnamese bike?

I imagine there must be some import tax for bikes from Vietnam. Not sure what it is though. I'll see if I can find out. To me everything on the bike looks to be of higher quality than the average Thai scooter, including the PCX. Even the paint job on the Sh150 looks like something off an expensive big bike.

I was just thinking if the SH might be a hard sell here as it looks to the uninitiated and at a glance like a Scoopy. Who is going to pay 100,000 to ride a large Scoopy.

Maybe larger people?

But its a new model. Maybe the price will go down after a while. I like the SH more than the baby dinosaur look of the PCX.

• 1 month later...

While some of you seem to prefer the PCX-style frame, this is exactly what I was waiting for in Thailand. A large wheel (16") step-through with a 150cc engine. These are great for carrying extra baggage at your feet when you are out shopping and bought a bit too much to carry back! I'd deck one out with a windshield and a box. A great bike for in town, and the occasional haul into the country.

I saw these SH-150i's in Vietnam last year, and priced them out at around $6,000 USD (180,000 baht) over there! So the price is reasonable in comparison. Also, these sold for one year in the States at a list price of around $4,450. So again, in comparison it's a good price compared to other markets.

• Like 1

While some of you seem to prefer the PCX-style frame, this is exactly what I was waiting for in Thailand. A large wheel (16") step-through with a 150cc engine. These are great for carrying extra baggage at your feet when you are out shopping and bought a bit too much to carry back! I'd deck one out with a windshield and a box. A great bike for in town, and the occasional haul into the country.

I saw these SH-150i's in Vietnam last year, and priced them out at around $6,000 USD (180,000 baht) over there! So the price is reasonable in comparison. Also, these sold for one year in the States at a list price of around $4,450. So again, in comparison it's a good price compared to other markets.

Interesting as I understand they are made in Vietnam

Does this mean they'll be another scooter model along side all the PCXs parking in the 'big bike' parking areas, blocking all the spaces for actual big bikes, it gets my goat.

Also, it's fugly, prefer the PCX but only in matt black, they look good.

Does this mean they'll be another scooter model along side all the PCXs parking in the 'big bike' parking areas, blocking all the spaces for actual big bikes, it gets my goat.

How arrogant can one be?

Where are the "big bike " parking area's?????

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Where are the "big bike " parking area's?????

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Dreams of them while parking his CBR150 ......................

At jungceylon and central in Phuket, both main malls here have areas only for big bikes, totally separate from scooter parking areas, big bikes simply can't get into those areas due to narrow lanes and cramped parking, nothing to do with arrogance. most of the time i have to park my ducati out on the street and it's already been damaged twice by people who park next to it and dont give a shit, because the PCXs have all the spaces that should be reserved only for big bikes, just saying! PCXs have cost me a repair bill haha, get it?!