Honda sh150i

At jungceylon and central in Phuket, both main malls here have areas only for big bikes, totally separate from scooter parking areas, big bikes simply can't get into those areas due to narrow lanes and cramped parking, nothing to do with arrogance. most of the time i have to park my ducati out on the street and it's already been damaged twice by people who park next to it and dont give a shit, because the PCXs have all the spaces that should be reserved only for big bikes, just saying! PCXs have cost me a repair bill haha, get it?!

Complain to the Mall then, don't winge on here..

edit: maybe you need to buy a Sh150i for your trips to the Mall and save the Ducati for the wonderful touring roads around Phuket !!!!rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

whistling.gif

Edited by thaicbr
  • Like 2

At jungceylon and central in Phuket, both main malls here have areas only for big bikes, totally separate from scooter parking areas, big bikes simply can't get into those areas due to narrow lanes and cramped parking, nothing to do with arrogance. most of the time i have to park my ducati out on the street and it's already been damaged twice by people who park next to it and dont give a shit, because the PCXs have all the spaces that should be reserved only for big bikes, just saying! PCXs have cost me a repair bill haha, get it?!

Complain to the Mall then, don't winge on here..

edit: maybe you need to buy a Sh150i for your trips to the Mall and save the Ducati for the wonderful touring roads around Phuket !!!!rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

whistling.gif

Good point! id still prefer a PCX over the SH150 though! but where to park it... hmm haha

Haha, double what I paid for my car, and it has kept me out of the rain for about four years now!

You buy cheap old cars as well as bikes. wink.png I think it's great that you find the time to hunt down these bargains. I bet your gf isn't happy about it though.

I'd like to know how many of these things have been sold. It just looks like a slightly bigger wave with just 25cc more yet more than double the the price.

• Like 1

I think I read that the SH is now made in Vietnam, but it's not really an 'Asian' bike.

If memory serves, it was originally produced in Italy, and then production shifted to Vietnam.

The Vietnamese appreciate Euro stuff a lot more than the Thais.

Anyway, it seems to be a bike that was originally made in Europe, for Europeans,

And is now made in Asia, but not for the Asian market,

so I doubt they are expecting to sell many here.

I bought a second hand Dtracker supemotard with full stainless race exhaust and ECU imported from Singapore, genuine renthals and some other aftermarket bling with low KMs for 105K.

Hmm let me see, would I rather ride my bike or a 100K scoopy.....

Haha, double what I paid for my car, and it has kept me out of the rain for about four years now!

You buy cheap old cars as well as bikes. wink.png I think it's great that you find the time to hunt down these bargains. I bet your gf isn't happy about it though.

Didn't 'hunt down' this one: It was in fact an ex's wealthy family I bought the old bus from - sat in the carport for years rarely used as they had several new cars and didn't have the heart to let this one go as it was the deceased patriarch's 'favorite car'. She and they never had any problem with my 'ways' - the educated upper/middle class haven't too much trouble tolerating the nostalgic post-modernism of the foreigner, even if they don't fully understand it.

• Like 1

I bought a second hand Dtracker supemotard with full stainless race exhaust and ECU imported from Singapore, genuine renthals and some other aftermarket bling with low KMs for 105K.

Different bikes for different jobs - like why buy a pick-up when you could buy a saloon ................

I'd like to know how many of these things have been sold. It just looks like a slightly bigger wave with just 25cc more yet more than double the the price.

I always wonder the same even about things like the PCX,Forza etc

Folks will lay down a lot of $$$ for these smile.png

But to each their own & folks can/should buy what ever floats their boat.

I do agree about the parking someone mentioned.

We have a big bike only area here & the scooters have 5x as many spaces allowed.

Yet even with many scooter spaces empty they choose to take one of the few big bike stalls.

Not much one can do about it.

Edited by mania

I think I read that the SH is now made in Vietnam, but it's not really an 'Asian' bike.

If memory serves, it was originally produced in Italy, and then production shifted to Vietnam.

The Vietnamese appreciate Euro stuff a lot more than the Thais.

Anyway, it seems to be a bike that was originally made in Europe, for Europeans,

And is now made in Asia, but not for the Asian market,

so I doubt they are expecting to sell many here.

I wouldn't expect sales to approach what the mainstream bikes (like Scoopy, Wave, and Click) sell. The SH will serve a niche market. Foreigners, definitely! But knowing how Thais like to show off, especially with things perceived as expensive, I'm sure there will some Thais attracted to this bike, simply as a way to stand out from the crowd AND also to be perceived as a bit upscale.

• Like 1

if you want to get a scooter with 16 inch enkei rims, a rear disc brake, better paint, better quality, higher stance, good tires, european style and and ermax windshield and a givi box as bonus, 250k on top of pcx 150 is really not that much.

you get what you pay for.

Edited by ll2

Has anyone on the forum actually ridden one of these and a PCX 150 as well? A first hand comparison would be nice to hear. I know the SH150 looks ugly, but it does have some good points too. I like the wheel size, brakes and suspension as well compared with the PCX. Plus I can put some packs of water (beer) on the front floor.

Has anyone on the forum actually ridden one of these and a PCX 150 as well? A first hand comparison would be nice to hear. I know the SH150 looks ugly, but it does have some good points too. I like the wheel size, brakes and suspension as well compared with the PCX. Plus I can put some packs of water (beer) on the front floor.

The silence has been deafeningly obvious. I spoke with Brian from Sumet this morning and he said he hadn't ridden one. That bothered me a little. They're not so easy to find in my area and I expected to have drive over to Brian's for a look as he has one in stock, which is quite a trek for me.

In the end I found one at a Dealers only 12 km away. I tried to like it......... Loved the brakes, wheels, tyre size, practicality etc. Hated the very hard seat. It's quite tall and no problem for me, but too high for my wife and most Thai's I suspect. Under seat storage is woeful too. It's obviously an old design, just ref loated onto the Thai market in order for Honda to wring a few last shillings out of it.

They had a Forza sitting there which is now in my garage. I really like the feel of it so far. Great headlights too. My wife has just been out on it and she thinks it feels the same as her PCX handled. Time will tell I guess. If it turns out to be too large for her, we'll have to buy something else as well.

Sorry for wasting your time on the phone this morning Brian. You sound like a good guy and I wish you well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But your bike, does not carry groceries and ladies easily, while the 100K scoopy does smile.png.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does this mean they'll be another scooter model along side all the PCXs parking in the 'big bike' parking areas, blocking all the spaces for actual big bikes, it gets my goat.

Also, it's fugly, prefer the PCX but only in matt black, they look good.

How arrogant can one be?

Yes, but have some sympathy. I too get annoyed at finding the few parking spaces for bigger bikes taken up by a bunch of scooters. The standard parking areas for scooters guarantee lots of scratches for a big bike, even if you can shuffle it in somehow. Maybe PCX has some justification for parking in big bike areas, because it is a fat lump of plastic, but no excuse for lazy and thoughtless riders of the Waves, Mios etc. that take up the few spaces reserved for larger bikes.

• 3 months later...

I just bought the SH 150i and it drives like a king of the road. Those big wheels are perfect for the bad roads full of holes and cracks. That windshield though is a piece of S***E. I have been back 3 times now because it was loose and it still is loose. I got another windshield but still same problems. Also the box was loose.

The SH 150 lacks power though, my scoopy i had more power so that's strange for me. I still drive slow because it is brand new but the lack of power is starting to annoy me. I hope it gets better after 500 km or i will have to find the problem myself i guess.

The breaks are great and also the suspension. Everything feels solid. The horn is a beepbeep model that has to be changed soon. Also the remote should have an alarm connected to it, i hope that's possible.

I m still happy with it and to me it looks fine. I don't care much for the looks, i just want a comfortable reliable bike which is built for tall people.

• Like 1

Congratulations namdocmai on your purchase.

Just curious, did you get a chance to actually ride an SH 150 before deciding to purchase? My guess is that most dealers would probably be reluctant to let potential customers do that, and (in general) I don't think Thai consumers are as demanding with retailers as farang are.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using ThaiVisa Connect mobile app.

I just bought the SH 150i and it drives like a king of the road. Those big wheels are perfect for the bad roads full of holes and cracks. That windshield though is a piece of S***E. I have been back 3 times now because it was loose and it still is loose. I got another windshield but still same problems. Also the box was loose.

The SH 150 lacks power though, my scoopy i had more power so that's strange for me. I still drive slow because it is brand new but the lack of power is starting to annoy me. I hope it gets better after 500 km or i will have to find the problem myself i guess.

Don't drive slow or you will make the bike dull forever. Fill with 95 benzine and ride as if you stole it. Serious.

No i didn't testdrive it, my scoopy i had a puncture again and i got so tired of that i bought the bike for 90K (minus 20k for the scoopy) on my creditcard and got it straight away. Driving a motorbike in BKK is dangerous enough on it's own, i need good equipment to do that and drove the scoopy for 15.000 km.

I am a tall person from 188 cm and the height of the buddy is very large, for me it is perfect but for a Thai not, They can't put their feet on the floor while sitting. So in BKK we won't see loads of honda SH bikes.

It has a fuel tank of 1.8 gallon or 7.5 litre which is also great so when it is empty i will fill it with 95 and drive a little more agressive. I don't have the enlgish manual for this model though so i don't know how to drive it the first 1000 km.

This bike is built for fuel-saving so maybe that's why i don't feel a lot of horsepower when hitting the gas. Or maybe it is just imagination, i hit the gas yesterday and then saw i drove 105 km/hr without noticing it, this bike is much more solid then my scoopy. Well i don't care if it is fast or not i just want it to drive like it should. I am used to drive 125hp bikes but they also drink 4 times more.

I took the windscreen off and want to have a phoneholder. Also the helmet storage under the seat has to be modified so i can easy put my sunglasses in there without getting scratched. And if it is possible i want a alarmsystem with waterlevel-sensor connected to the remote-control.

I have to find a good shop for that who can speak english.

• Like 1