• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny innit and i never even got to the Lions bit smile.png

Still Man United are in the country that should wake up a few whistling.gif

MU came a close second in their game against the Singha All-Stars - a creditable achievement for a Salford club against the cream of the Thai league, though I can't help thinking that if the Red Devils were to come over here from their Barton - on - Irwell home Dr Koukash's side would wipe the floor with whaterver opposition Thailand could offer them

• Like 1

What a match.... can we have four more like that please!

We won but I have to say it was more like an honourable draw.

The real winner was Test cricket.

Please repeat that to every Aussie you meet tomorrow!

• Like 2

Funny innit and i never even got to the Lions bit :)

Still Man United are in the country that should wake up a few :whistling:

Nope, they pretty much jumped on a plane straight after the match and headed down under...

Taken on arrival (by a mate of mine in the know) earlier this morning...

post-147583-0-24225900-1373815059_thumb.

Just a small background to some of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

Apparently, there was some contention between the selectors and Boof ... the Coach.

I hope that the best team is picked for the second test and our (Australian) middle order does what they are supposed to do ... occupy the crease ... score some decent totals for our bowlers to bowl at ... whistling.gif

Just a small background to some of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

Apparently, there was some contention between the selectors and Boof ... the Coach.

I hope that the best team is picked for the second test and our (Australian) middle order does what they are supposed to do ... occupy the crease ... score some decent totals for our bowlers to bowl at ...  Posted Image

Who did boof want or not want in the team?

Australia's batsmen need to step up for game 2. Embarrassing for them having the bowlers and wicket keeper keeping us in it

I think both sides will approach the next one more cautiously in the first innings. You lot need a win though!

• Like 1

Australia's batsmen need to step up for game 2. Embarrassing for them having the bowlers and wicket keeper keeping us in it

I think both sides will approach the next one more cautiously in the first innings. You lot need a win though!

5-0 would be disaster. Us Aussies would have the English reminding us of it for years to come

5-0 would be disaster. Us Aussies would have the English reminding us of it for years to come

Even I might bring it up from time to time. tongue.png

There is a definite gulf on the bowling front I think.

Even I might bring it up from time to time. tongue.png

There is a definite gulf on the bowling front I think.

England is the better team all round.

The Aussies just have to hope Anderson gets injured. Perhaps if he and Swann were to take a tandem bicycle ride together and have a minor mishap, injuring their thigh muscles for 2 tests.

I hope Cook learns from his stupid decision to bring on Finn and then keeping him for another over that was obviously going to cost us dearly and ofcourse did. Doubt very much Finn will make the 2nd test.

Despite what Clarke says the aussies must be very concerned about their top order being so lame. Theres some unbelievable stat that the stands for the last wicket amounted to 40% or their runs.

Perhaps England are as reliant on Anderson with the ball as Australia are on Clarke with the batwink.png

I hope Cook learns from his stupid decision to bring on Finn and then keeping him for another over that was obviously going to cost us dearly and ofcourse did. Doubt very much Finn will make the 2nd test.

Despite what Clarke says the aussies must be very concerned about their top order being so lame. Theres some unbelievable stat that the stands for the last wicket amounted to 40% or their runs.

Perhaps England are as reliant on Anderson with the ball as Australia are on Clarke with the batwink.png

Given that Anderson had bowled something like 12 or 14 over from one end and that the next test is in 3 days ... presumably that he (Anderson) needed to rest ... what other options were available to Cook?

From my saggy seat on the couch ... Cook needed to change Anderson so he didn't fatigue and he gave Finn an over ... a second because it couldn't be as bad for England as the first.

COUGH ... when did a proud Scotsman started to align oneself with the enemy (England) south of the border ... blink.png

There was a KIWI woman interviewed this morning who was soooooooo happy that England won ... because they beat Australia.

BTW ... she happily lives in Australia, (enjoys our living standard and employment opportunities) ... such is live here here.

Lords is Finns home ground, though.

A lot depends on the pitch.

If it's a hard bouncer, expect Finn to keep his place.

If it's like this one, expect Bresnan to replace him.

COUGH ... when did a proud Scotsman started to align oneself with the enemy (England) south of the border ... blink.png

There was a KIWI woman interviewed this morning who was soooooooo happy that England won ... because they beat Australia.

BTW ... she happily lives in Australia, (enjoys our living standard and employment opportunities) ... such is live here here.

I just enjoy your captain's losing speeches so much David. w00t.gif

Lords is Finns home ground, though.

A lot depends on the pitch.

If it's a hard bouncer, expect Finn to keep his place.

If it's like this one, expect Bresnan to replace him.

Best Cricket news I have heard all day biggrin.png

Hope they keep him fielding near the boundary

BTW ... she happily lives in Australia, (enjoys our living standard and employment opportunities) ... such is live here here..

I just enjoy your captain's losing speeches so much David. w00t.gif

Man ... that's close to Treason.

William Wallace would not be proud!

• Like 1

I'd like to see Michael Clarke ditched as Captain at the end of this series. He isn't Captain material

If he is gracious in defeat then he'll be out on his ear for sure! tongue.png

He has had a lot of practice to get his words in defeat right. Undoubtedly practises in his hand mirror he carries around with him in his pocket.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Michael Clarke ditched as Captain at the end of this series. He isn't Captain material

Not saying your wrong ... but who is the captain in waiting?

I'm not sure really..but Clarke was the wrong man to start with.

Brilliant cricketer and stands alone as a batsmen, but not a leader who unites a team, rather he divides it.

Who would you like to see as Captain? Status quo?

Brilliant cricketer and stands alone as a batsmen, but not a leader who unites a team, rather he divides it.

Mate ... as above ... not saying your wrong ... just don't see a long term option at the moment.

Reckon though ... Ashton Agar ... would be clear favourite for the PM if he had a few grey hairs.

• Like 1

Mate ... as above ... not saying your wrong ... just don't see a long term option at the moment.

Reckon though ... Ashton Agar ... would be clear favourite for the PM if he had a few grey hairs.

Watson is probably out of the equation

Ponting got a century last week!

We could use him back. Sad fact is, there really is not a replacement for Clarke as Captain.

• Like 1