The Ashes Tour 2013

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Milburn played 3 or 4 seasons for the WA Sheffield Shield side as an opener. His style was to stand and deliver, hitting mainly 4s and 6s as he didn't like running between the wickets very much.

He got big scores very quickly.

His batting partner for much of that time was Derek Chadwick, a super fit, AFL footy player who also represented the state in that sport. It was not unusual for Chadwick to be sent back from a run after getting to Milburn's end.

Milburn was much loved and missed by the WA public after his early death.

• Like 1

Milburn's career was tragically cut short after a car accident in which he lost the sight in his left eye.

May I put in a word for Mike Gatting?

After he was dismissed by Warne's 'ball of the century' Botham was heard to remark "If it had been a meat pie, he'd never have missed it!"

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 2

double post....

Stay tuned.

This could get ugly!

Ugly yet very interesting!

Basically, a tough line negotiating ploy from Arthur's legal team to get whatever payout he is asking for.

As frivolous as this lawsuit is, you do know who his legal team is right?

The legal team that brought you James Ashby v Peter Slipper and their pièce de résistance... Kristy Fraser-Kirk v David Jones

If one does their own bit of sleuthing about Michael Harmer, one can reasonably see the Arthur/Harmer plan of attack, with Arthur claiming that Clarke said that Watson was (interesting to see if he still thinks that - given the current circumstances) and that Watson told him (Arthur) about the Warner pub fight insinuating Watson is a snitch.

Hopefully the ACB has their ducks in a row and the contract is water tight regarding "unfair dismissal" clauses.

Harmer's a schyster in every sense of the word a bit like the Max Markson of the legal fraternity.

I'm not a fan of James Sutherland, and the ACB needs a shake up, however, in this case I'm backing them.

There's also a current South Australian cricketer playing for Tasmania that would be a candidate for the title...

Can't think of his name...

Hahaha and a quick google with the key words "fat tasmanian cricketer" reveal the answer I was seeking...

Mark Cosgrove...

post-147583-0-84651200-1374046966_thumb.

Is Graeme Swann tampering with the ball?

Posted by: Ned Franklin | 16 July, 2013 - 6:11 PM

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-blog/is-graeme-swann-tampering-with-the-ball/20130716-2q23r.html

Good losers, the Aussies. biggrin.png

A lot of Aussies have found it hard to adjust to losing after so many years of winning. They should probably ask the English for some tips on how to transition. w00t.gif

• Like 1

There's also a current South Australian cricketer playing for Tasmania that would be a candidate for the title...

Can't think of his name...

Hahaha and a quick google with the key words "fat tasmanian cricketer" reveal the answer I was seeking...

Mark Cosgrove...

attachicon.gif443497-mark-cosgrove.jpg

He played a couple of one dayers for Australia.

We should get him back. He could do the job of two slips fielders

Edited by BookMan

double post....

Stay tuned.

This could get ugly!

Ugly yet very interesting!

Basically, a tough line negotiating ploy from Arthur's legal team to get whatever payout he is asking for.

As frivolous as this lawsuit is, you do know who his legal team is right?

The legal team that brought you James Ashby v Peter Slipper and their pièce de résistance... Kristy Fraser-Kirk v David Jones

If one does their own bit of sleuthing about Michael Harmer, one can reasonably see the Arthur/Harmer plan of attack, with Arthur claiming that Clarke said that Watson was (interesting to see if he still thinks that - given the current circumstances) and that Watson told him (Arthur) about the Warner pub fight insinuating Watson is a snitch.

Hopefully the ACB has their ducks in a row and the contract is water tight regarding "unfair dismissal" clauses.

Harmer's a schyster in every sense of the word a bit like the Max Markson of the legal fraternity.

I'm not a fan of James Sutherland, and the ACB needs a shake up, however, in this case I'm backing them.

I read an article today questioning who exactly leaked the story. Arthur's legal team or the ACB.

Really though, what type of nonsense is it leaking such gossip over an unfair dismissal claim?

A reminder to our Aussie friends that of the 66 series so far; Australia are ahead by 31 to 30 with 5 drawn. Although your winning steaks do seem to last longer than ours!

32 to 31 in England's favour after these two series?

A reminder to our Aussie friends that of the 66 series so far; Australia are ahead by 31 to 30 with 5 drawn. Although your winning steaks do seem to last longer than ours!

32 to 31 in England's favour after these two series?

Most likely yes England will take the lead in the series head to head.

Our beef is far better than yours and our steaks our bigger in size which is why they last longer.

(my bolding on your post)

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-blog/is-graeme-swann-tampering-with-the-ball/20130716-2q23r.html

I know from personal experience of both countries that British sour grapes are at least as sour as Australian. Terrible losers the average British sports fan.

I know from personal experience of both countries that British sour grapes are at least as sour as Australian. Terrible losers the average British sports fan.

This matter of how you handle winning amuses me. In the modern day game, in the media you are castigated if you lose gracefully as they deem it a sign of weakness. yet they still find time to have a go at brash winners.

Make of it what you will.

As a kid I was at the Lords test in 1975 when that streaker ran on and jumped over the stumps.This tactic might be Australia's best hope of getting bounce off the wicket.

Someone tried it at the SOO game last night.. Backfired somewhat.

As a kid I was at the Lords test in 1975 when that streaker ran on and jumped over the stumps.This tactic might be Australia's best hope of getting bounce off the wicket.

Someone tried it at the SOO game last night.. Backfired somewhat.

In the past the quality of streakers was also much higher.

This is the streaker tw25rw refers to from last nights Rugby League match.

Was it a ThaVisa member perhaps?

post-147205-0-81393000-1374121339_thumb.

Ryan Harris and Usman Khawaja into Ashes team for second Test.

Starc and Cowan out

Mitchell Starc’s hot and cold performance last week has cost him his position in the Australian team for the second Test.

Burly Queensland quick Ryan Harris will come into the XI in Starc’s place while Usman Khawaja has been called in to replace Ed Cowan in the Australian top order.

Starc can consider himself unlucky after claiming five wickets in the first Test though he was also prone to inaccuracy at times, while Cowan struggled with scores of 0 and 14.

Article here

Starc and Cowan out

Mitchell Starc’s hot and cold performance last week has cost him his position in the Australian team for the second Test.

Burly Queensland quick Ryan Harris will come into the XI in Starc’s place while Usman Khawaja has been called in to replace Ed Cowan in the Australian top order.

Starc can consider himself unlucky after claiming five wickets in the first Test though he was also prone to inaccuracy at times, while Cowan struggled with scores of 0 and 14.

Article here

Clutching at straws already Bookman....I hope you win the toss and elect to bat....take the fight to England!!

Starc and Cowan out

Article here

Clutching at straws already Bookman....I hope you win the toss and elect to bat....take the fight to England!!

There is a rumour that Agar is going to open the batting with Watson

We'll keep our sour grapes and you stick to your pies and pokies. biggrin.png

I have only one thing to say.......Johny Wilkinson........he brought out the very worst in Ausssie sport fans.