The Ashes Tour 2013

Ryan Harris and Usman Khawaja into Ashes team for second Test.

Starc and Cowan out

Mitchell Starc’s hot and cold performance last week has cost him his position in the Australian team for the second Test.

Burly Queensland quick Ryan Harris will come into the XI in Starc’s place while Usman Khawaja has been called in to replace Ed Cowan in the Australian top order.

Starc can consider himself unlucky after claiming five wickets in the first Test though he was also prone to inaccuracy at times, while Cowan struggled with scores of 0 and 14.

Article here

Good to hear, especially about Cowan going. Starc may consider himself a bit unlucky, but at least Harris

will strengthen a fragile batting line up.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starc and Cowan out

Mitchell Starc’s hot and cold performance last week has cost him his position in the Australian team for the second Test.

Burly Queensland quick Ryan Harris will come into the XI in Starc’s place while Usman Khawaja has been called in to replace Ed Cowan in the Australian top order.

Starc can consider himself unlucky after claiming five wickets in the first Test though he was also prone to inaccuracy at times, while Cowan struggled with scores of 0 and 14.

Article here

Good to hear, especially about Cowan going. Starc may consider himself a bit unlucky, but at least Harris

G'day Wil...19 degrees and fair at Lords, looking forward to a good game in a couple of hours.

Starc and Cowan out

Article here

G'day Wil...19 degrees and fair at Lords, looking forward to a good game in a couple of hours.

What is your prediction for the result uptheos?

Starc and Cowan out

Article here

G'day mate

Thanks for reminding me. For some reason I thought it started tomorrow!

I hope this one is as good as the last one. Hope the first test wasn't a "one off"

with that huge last partnership and that the boys again can be competitive.

2-0 biggrin.png

Didn't really see anything from the Aussies that could persuade me otherwise.

ANZ chief economist Warren Hogan has already written off Australia's hopes of winning back the coveted urn.

"When the Australian dollar/sterling is low, Australia performs well," he said.

"But when the currency is high, the value of leisure time for Australians in the UK is greater than while at home. Cricketers may have more incentive to forego training and other duties in lieu of local experiences which, on a relative basis, cost much less than at home."

2-0 biggrin.png

Didn't really see anything from the Aussies that could persuade me otherwise.

ANZ chief economist Warren Hogan has already written off Australia's hopes of winning back the coveted urn.

"When the Australian dollar/sterling is low, Australia performs well," he said.

"But when the currency is high, the value of leisure time for Australians in the UK is greater than while at home. Cricketers may have more incentive to forego training and other duties in lieu of local experiences which, on a relative basis, cost much less than at home."

Us Aussies always have the best reasons for losing. tongue.png

I'm hoping for a draw here. A Draw for the Aussies would almost be a win really. Couple that with the moral victory the Aussies had in the first test and you could almost say the Aussies are winning 2-0.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Is Graeme Swann tampering with the ball?

Posted by: Ned Franklin | 16 July, 2013 - 6:11 PM

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-blog/is-graeme-swann-tampering-with-the-ball/20130716-2q23r.html

Good losers, the Aussies. biggrin.png

I know from personal experience of both countries that British sour grapes are at least as sour as Australian. Terrible losers the average British sports fan.

We'll keep our sour grapes and you stick to your pies and pokies. biggrin.png

I have only one thing to say.......Johny Wilkinson........he brought out the very worst in Ausssie sport fans.

I have to admit that most of my exposure to British sports fans (is that an Americanism?) is from West Ham fans, who may be a bit more vitriolic than most.. Though I did have the displeasure of travelling with the 2001 British Lions fans on a free ticket with a friend of mine..

Bresnan in for Finn, England won the toss and bat again.

I would have gone with Finn as Lords is his home ground and he was part of a winning team.

HM Queen Elizabeth got a bigger applause than a century maker.

Edited by uptheos

I would have gone with Finn as Lords is his home ground and he was part of a winning team.

Yes, but you don't know what he's been like in the nets.

Clarke says Khawaja will bat 3.

HM Queen Elizabeth got a bigger applause than a century maker.

She's about to be a Great Granny!

biggrin.png

Yes, but you don't know what he's been like in the nets.

Clarke says Khawaja will bat 3.

I understand he looks quite fashionable. wink.png

I think we are in for the same as the first test and a similar outcome.England have done well to pull it back together again.Pressure in Bell to stick around for a century.

Glenn McGrath on TMS talking about Bairstow being called back by the umpire after seeing his stumps destroyed because it was a no ball.

"It's been a game of millimetres already. There was one or two millimetres in it wither way and it's not gone for Peter Siddle. We saw this morning there were millimetres in the Joe Root decision."

Root was out lbw after the third umpire decided on review that the ball just hit his pad before hitting his bat.

Bairstow didn't ask for a review; how could he with his stumps all over the place?

The umpire thought it may have been a no ball, checked with the third umpire who confirmed it was and so called Bairstow back; who by then was half way back to the pavilion.

Bairstow didn't ask for a review; how could he with his stumps all over the place?

The umpire thought it may have been a no ball, checked with the third umpire who confirmed it was and so called Bairstow back; who by then was half way back to the pavilion.

What was the "no-ball" for? Bowling over the foot-line? Chucking? Spite?

What was the "no-ball" for? Bowling over the foot-line? Chucking? Spite?

For his front foot (or some part of it) NOT being behind the popping crease (which belongs to the umpire)