The Ashes Tour 2013

What the hell???

He calls for the review and it doesn't show hotspot on the bat ... but he is still given out?

Can someone explain that to me

According to the commentators, the hotspot isn't very reliable for a ball sliding across the face of the bat. They reckon the microphones picked up a sound, though, and that there was some indication on hotspot, albeit not enough to leave a spot on the bat... I'm relying on the BBC wireless commentators., though

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have a feeling Clarke is going to be there all afternoon and notch up a very big score.

the guys class with a bat in his hand, i just hope i'm wrong ! biggrin.png

I think you might be right. Either way, the wicket has a draw written all over it.

strewth mate, well blow me down with a pint of Castlemaine xxxx pish.

no way was Hughes out there !

still i'm not complaining, now let me be wrong about Clarke, please. tongue.png

Edited by tigerfish

have a feeling Clarke is going to be there all afternoon and notch up a very big score.

I think you might be right. Either way, the wicket has a draw written all over it.

strewth mate, well blow me down with a pint of Castlemaine xxxx pish.

no way was Hughes out there !

still i'm not complaining, now let me be wrong about Clarke, please. tongue.png

I hope for our sake you are right thumbsup.gif

What the hell???

He calls for the review and it doesn't show hotspot on the bat ... but he is still given out?

The umpire on field gave him out. For that decision to be overturned, there needs to be clear evidence that the decision was wrong. There was a noise as the ball passed the bat and a small hotspot on the ball, though nothing on the bat. With the evidence, it was not clear if he was out or not, so it went with the on field umpire's decision. If the on field umpire had given him not out and England had reviewed, I doubt that decision would have been given out either.

What the hell???

According to the commentators, the hotspot isn't very reliable for a ball sliding across the face of the bat. They reckon the microphones picked up a sound, though, and that there was some indication on hotspot, albeit not enough to leave a spot on the bat... I'm relying on the BBC wireless commentators., though

Snicko says out.

Glen McGrath on TMS very scathing on Australia's use of the DRS; saying they reviewed two they shouldn't have and didn't review the one they should have. Replays showing the ball that dismissed Rogers was definitely missing leg stump.

Will Cooke enforce the follow on?

Blowers and Tuffers reckon England wont enforce the follow on as they don't want to risk a couple of long days in the field on top of today in this heat and then batting last.

108 for 9.

Edited by 7by7

I don't think i'm going to be making any more predictions this series. whistling.gif

• Like 1

I think we are in for the same as the first test and a similar outcome.England have done well to pull it back together again.Pressure in Bell to stick around for a century.

biggrin.png

Meh. England to bat again. I wonder what they'll declare on?

If they can bat through until the end of tomorrow, they'll be happy. A lead then of at least 450, with two days to play should mean a win.

Surely they'll follow on? Why wouldn't they?

If the top three Australian batsmen were to get in, England could possibly be looking at a 5th day bat on a pitch with no rain for over 2 weeks. Not enjoyable batting conditions.

Surely they'll follow on? Why wouldn't they?

Because England in reality wouldn't want to be batting last on a wearing pitch ...If England can bat the dopes aussies out of site now, then come late saturday evening they declare 500+ ahead ...well,that should be that!!

• Like 2