The Ashes Tour 2013

This is really pi@@ing me off! Been trying for days to listen to the cricket online via ABC radio but cannot get this to happen?

Anyone else listening online?

Try this link http://www.cricket.com.au/live/audio-stream You have a choice of the ABC or BBC

Tea 4 for 143

Thanks for that link. Just can't get into the game without Test match special, even if we are getting hammered.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another test going into a 5th day! What is the world coming to!

Free entry for fans! If this test had been 1 month later I'd be all over that...

4 wickets for the Aussies and 283 runs for the Poms, makes for a somewhat interesting last day...

EDIT: Revised run chase :P

Edited by GrantSmith

It is possible England could win but seems a remote possibility. All over by lunch or midway through the second session

Root was unlucky in his dismissal, more so seeing as it was Lyon bowling his rubbish to him.

Rain could yet save England's arse....or the greatest ever 4th innings run chase. smile.png

It is possible England could win but seems a remote possibility. All over by lunch or midway through the second session

Root was unlucky in his dismissal, more so seeing as it was Lyon bowling his rubbish to him.

Rain could yet save England's arse....or the greatest ever 4th innings run chase. smile.png

Yep

Lyon was back to his usual self and bowled crap

on a wicket that was giving him assistance.

I hope the rain stays away tomorrow and Mitch Johnson

knock's Broad's block off. Oh and win would be nice also.

• Like 1

Yep

Lyon was back to his usual self and bowled crap

on a wicket that was giving him assistance.

I hope the rain stays away tomorrow and Mitch Johnson

knock's Broad's block off. Oh and win would be nice also.

That first ball from Johnson to Broad, just passing the stump, was a beauty

That rain is a good chance today here ... click on the precipitation tab.

20% chance of rain before the start of play.

40% chance at the start of play

... but then declines to 10% for the rest of the day after that.

Can England eek out a draw?

You have got 2 hopes, no hope , and Bob Hope .It will be better in Perth.

KS

England all out 312!

Australia go 2-0 up in the series

Perth to come and maybe 3-0! w00t.gif

Well done to the Aussies!

England, thanks for turning up.

That is what England said last summer .,......thanks for turning up.

But must say thank's for the link to listen to the ABC ,not quite TMS,but it will dosmile.png

• Like 1

A great win by the boys.

Wonder if they will take a punt and drop Lyon

for Perth and bring in another quick. I hope so.

A lot of credit must go to Boofa Lehmann on turning

the team around.

Mitch Johnson man of the match again.

Anyone else get the impression this morning

that Broad didn't want to be out there?

England all out 312!

I'm actually quite chuffed for the convicts.

You had to win sometime i suppose!clap2.gif

• Like 1

England all out 312!

Yes, quite a turnaround from 10 years ago, when an ashes win now brings this much excitement tongue.png

One thing I would like to mention...I really do not like the Australian commentators on Channel 9 nor the ABC and I find the English commentators much better.

As such I have been listening to the BBC commentary on radio (via the ACB website) and also Cable (via wiziwig). Mostly there have been English commentators on these feeds (and Shane Warne).

One noticeable theme was the continual bagging from the commentators, most of them former test players or Captains, of the English team and batting performance throughout the test match. Talk of a 5-0 whitewash and how terrible this English batting line up is.

I agree the batting has lacked judicious shot selection and confidence, but I would hardly be writing off the English batting line up at this stage. There is just too much quality in the line up. Yes Perth will be difficult, esp. with Johnson on song, but I wouldn't write off the English line up at all for Sydney or Melbourne, and I guess we will see in Perth.

One thing I would like to mention...I really do not like the Australian commentators on Channel 9 nor the ABC and I find the English commentators much better.

As such I have been listening to the BBC commentary on radio (via the ACB website) and also Cable (via wiziwig). Mostly there have been English commentators on these feeds (and Shane Warne).

One noticeable theme was the continual bagging from the commentators, most of them former test players or Captains, of the English team and batting performance throughout the test match. Talk of a 5-0 whitewash and how terrible this English batting line up is.

I agree the batting has lacked judicious shot selection and confidence, but I would hardly be writing off the English batting line up at this stage. There is just too much quality in the line up. Yes Perth will be difficult, esp. with Johnson on song, but I wouldn't write off the English line up at all for Sydney or Melbourne, and I guess we will see in Perth.

Yep, agree about the commentators. I've been watching Sky and enjoy listening to Gower, Athers, Bumble, Warney and Co.

IMO, Slater and Healy are just embarrassing.

I still think Eng have a better batting line up then us, Johnson has been the difference. The 2 guys that Eng have brought in, Carberry

and Root don't look out of place.

Our batsmen have been relying on Clarke, Warner and Haddin too much. I don't rate Bailey or Smith as test quality and the less

said about Lyon the better.

We still have some quality quicks like Cummins and Starc out so the fast bowling stocks looks pretty good.

We need 2 more quality bats and a spinner methinks.

I think Swann is a worry for England. I think he was out bowled by Monty in this game.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Well bugger me what a start to the day!

Australia 2-0 up and Thai parliament dissolved all before 9am (Thai time) - I was actually looking forward to watching both today over a couple of brews whilst discussing foreign trade... Alas now I just get to have couple of brews and discuss foreign trade..

Will have a look at the replays and imagine what might have been hahaha...

It's the one thing I miss about home, getting down to a test match!

England all out 312!

Yes, quite a turnaround from 10 years ago, when an ashes win now brings this much excitement tongue.png

Well you might have found this test match exciting but i would describe it very differentbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Not sure where you get the idea our batting line-up is better than the Aussies. Not passed 400 in the last 20 innings, the ten deliveries that got our batsmen out in the second innings were all missing the stumps. The sad fact is most of our batsmen are woefully out of form and have been for a while.

Congratulations on going 2-0 up in the series, we need a major turn around to stop 5-0.

• Like 1

.....the ten deliveries that got our batsmen out in the second innings were all missing the stumps.

Indeed.

No real chance of winning, two days to bat out for a draw.

Why play at balls when you didn't need to?

My initial assessment that the series would be a draw has gone with the wind; now I think they'll be lucky to avoid a whitewash.

But, when you've hit rock bottom, the only way is up!

.....the ten deliveries that got our batsmen out in the second innings were all missing the stumps.

Indeed.

No real chance of winning, two days to bat out for a draw.

Why play at balls when you didn't need to?

My initial assessment that the series would be a draw has gone with the wind; now I think they'll be lucky to avoid a whitewash.

But, when you've hit rock bottom, the only way is up!

The Aussies generally play very well on the Wacca and Johnson love the ground. I think it will be 3 zip. The poms have a good chance on the MCG and SCG

Not sure where you get the idea our batting line-up is better than the Aussies. Not passed 400 in the last 20 innings, the ten deliveries that got our batsmen out in the second innings were all missing the stumps. The sad fact is most of our batsmen are woefully out of form and have been for a while.

Congratulations on going 2-0 up in the series, we need a major turn around to stop 5-0.

I think as a collective, Cook, Pietersen and Bell are better than our best 3. Clarke is top shelf

whereas Warner is in career best form. I think Watson and Rogers are par test cricketers and

I don't rate Bailey or Smith. Haddin is in great nick though and Prior, until his last knock couldn't buy a run.

The main difference is Mitch Johnson. I doubt our guys would perform any better against him.

We've been in trouble with the bat just as much as Eng, but Haddin, Clarke and Johnson plus

diabolical fielding has rescued us.

I don't think things will get any better for Eng at the WACA either. Just hope the Aussies take in

an extra quickie for Lyon.

• Like 1

I think as a collective, Cook, Pietersen and Bell are better than our best 3. Clarke is top shelf

whereas Warner is in career best form. I think Watson and Rogers are par test cricketers and

I don't rate Bailey or Smith. Haddin is in great nick though and Prior, until his last knock couldn't buy a run.

The main difference is Mitch Johnson. I doubt our guys would perform any better against him.

We've been in trouble with the bat just as much as Eng, but Haddin, Clarke and Johnson plus

diabolical fielding has rescued us.

I don't think things will get any better for Eng at the WACA either. Just hope the Aussies take in

an extra quickie for Lyon.

I totally agree Will. (though I think Bailey is a good player). Root is also above most of the Australian batsmen. Carberry looks promising

Warner and Clarke have been the batting strengths for Australia.

Johnson the difference between the two sides. His pace has been exceptional.

I'm surprised so many of the English are so quick to bag out their own players and team

• Like 1

Nothing to do with being quick to bag out our own players. We have just been hammered in the last 2 tests, mainly due to piss poor batting displays by our so called better batsmen.

The writing was on the wall in the last series, the 3-0 result flattered us and was down to some good bowling, an in form Ian Bell and some pretty average batting by the Aussies, something you Aussies were quick to point out at the time.

We may have better batsmen on paper but you play on grass.

• Like 1

I don't think Cook can handle the captaincy and bat freely any longer. The pressure has affected his game, a notable English trait.

Too late to jack it now, he'll look like a wimp. If he does it after the series, it will look like he's falling on his sword, much more noble.

whistling.gif