complain from my friend on puhket vs pattaya

Cheapcharly

Well I think the baht bus is about the only legitimate complaint. Everything else is the same. Phuket is not more expensive for Thai's once off of the tourist beaches. A one bedroom can be rented for 2500B a month, for example, and minimum wage is more in Phuket.

• Like 1

it s because she had a good job in pattaya and she thought she would get a good job in puhket which was not the case.

I explained her and we argued about that before she quit. I pointed all the advantages she got to keep her job. but Thai ladies think they know all and are stubborn.

farangs are more clever about their futur because we have travel experiences in different countries and we know how to manage money, invest, save... and we know more about jobs and write resume... ,... and we are older than these young ladies and we have been through several worldwide crisis.

so back to case #1 for her and I am saving face once again:D

• Like 1

i'm sure it is more expensive in Phuket then Pattaya for Thai people living on a budget. no one ever said Phuket was cheap.

Wifey earn more than 3times the minimumwage but are still complaining about cost of living.

I know two bar girls, that are not know to each other, who have moved to Pattaya, pretty much for the reasons of the rent, have to pay for motobike taxis and less customers - as mentioned in the OP.

They may not be the most well educated ladies, but they know enough to know when they are not making money and need to move.

One stated she make come back to Phuket for high season, but only for a while and mainly just to see friends.

As more and more beer bars continue to close here, I think this migration north will increase.

Well I think the baht bus is about the only legitimate complaint. Everything else is the same. Phuket is not more expensive for Thai's once off of the tourist beaches. A one bedroom can be rented for 2500B a month, for example, and minimum wage is more in Phuket.

every single buyable item and food is more expensive in phuket for thais.

<deleted> even sum tam is 15-25b more expensive than in pattaya

• Like 1

Friend and I were discussing, if a Thai person here in Phuket wants to work, they can and make decent money.

The obviousness of Phuket being more expensive then anywhere in Thailand (?), need not be debated.

What is decent money? And what does that mean as hours per week?

Friend and I were discussing, if a Thai person here in Phuket wants to work, they can and make decent money.

The obviousness of Phuket being more expensive then anywhere in Thailand (?), need not be debated.

More to the point, exactly what type of "work" are you referring to? :) :)

More to the point, exactly what type of "work" are you referring to? smile.pngsmile.png

Just normal office administrative work / sales / marketing or similar. No blow job bonuses.

My understanding normal salary is somewhere around 10.000B for 48 hours per week, which is pretty low still.

Therefore I'd like to know what is decent salary for Thai who speaks English and works in the office.

More to the point, exactly what type of "work" are you referring to? smile.pngsmile.png

Just normal office administrative work / sales / marketing or similar. No blow job bonuses.

My understanding normal salary is somewhere around 10.000B for 48 hours per week, which is pretty low still.

Therefore I'd like to know what is decent salary for Thai who speaks English and works in the office.

It would depend on who they were working for. My wife made over 30,000 a month when she worked for IBM in BKK. She was offered a job at Siam Commercial Bank here in Phuket couple of years ago that paid a bit less than that, but she wasn't assured a position locally... Deal breaker.

It would depend on who they were working for. My wife made over 30,000 a month when she worked for IBM in BKK. She was offered a job at Siam Commercial Bank here in Phuket couple of years ago that paid a bit less than that, but she wasn't assured a position locally... Deal breaker.

That's what I call decent salary. It's actually above decent salary here. Working for MNC quite often comes with requirements which are above normal standars. Therefore better pay.

How about Phuket? What is an decent salary here?

She is definitely also right about the rain, Phuket has more than twice the annual rain fall compared with Pattaya.

Sophon

"Average or decent" wage is of course open to debate. Here in Phuket my "ex" (Uni educated accts clerk working in an office) was working 6 days a week and more like 9 hours a day for a base salary of 8,000 baht pm.

Other ladies I know doing manual work in a laundry are paid 7,000 baht pm and one a front desk manager at a small hotel/guest house is paid 10,000 baht pm.

If a room is shared it can work out to 2,500 baht each pm, but no single rooms available for 2,500 baht.

I can't see how some of the girls manage to live here, but probably "existing" might be a better term?

• Like 1

Hey why not move to Koh Samui? Even my House Keeper earns 9,000 baht per month and admin and hotel staff are way above that if you include the monthly service charge which is added on to their salary. Not too far from us there are little detached Thai style houses for rent at 2,000 per month, although the electricity is a bit high at 9 baht per kw! And we suffer less with the low end tourists, tuk tuk drivers, jet ski operators and mafia in general. How long for? Who knows, but for now, me-kwam-suk maak, maak.

When I came to Phuket I used to wish for a few more foreigners and a few more bar girls from Pattaya and few more guys living here in those days Kata had 3 foreigners and Patong about 10 guys in Phuket town about 4 guys ..

What year was this?

I do not know how it is in your home contry, but in Denmark
you pay more for a home in a good area with stunning mountains,
lovely beaches and wonderful sea, and wages are usually a little

higher in disse areas and the food a bit more expensive.

So you get what you pay for, I think, and the same with Phuket
and Pattaya, I would never be in doubt about whits location I
would choose, and if that means I have to pay a small Amounts
more for a few things, I will do it as I have come to Thailand
for the beautiful scenery.

but I will just conclude by saying that
prices of food and vegetables in general are the same on local market
both in Pattaya, Phuket and a small dusty village in north-east Thailand.

and by the way, my wife hat 15000THB in starting salary and will then
increase two 23,000 after 3 months to sit and take phone in an office, and I
also know several massage places where they earn minimum 10000THB
in low season and 20,000 in high season, and 15000THB to work
in a resturant incl. free food and drink, 13,000 to 20,000 THB in language

schools, this is the wages I know of here in Phuket, and I know many men

and women from the north east Thailand which really want to go here to

Phuket to work because of the good salary and the lovely scenery.

Continue to hav good day all of you out there. wai2.gif

When we moved here 7 years ago we checked out both, and decided on Pattaya. I hate tourist ghettos like Gran Canaria and Cancun, and my Thai wife did not trust the local Muslim population.

Pattaya has a great location, and all the amenities one could ask for, and the local population is by and large helpful and friendly. When we want to see natural beauty, we go to places like Koh Chang.

Unfortunately, poorly planned invasion of cheap charter flights from Moscow has overwhelmed Pattaya in the last year or so, and we are leaving- along with all the other Europeans I know.

Thai Tourism Ministry is killing the fatted calf, and people will find other places to go to!:)

I lived in Phuket 10 years ago, now live iBef Jomtien/Pattaya. Chat with friend yesterday (he lives in Udon) about all the crap that goes down in Phuket, said makes Pattaya look like Singapore by comparison. He said "Phuket is a sh*thole" and I said "And Pattaya is a urinal": same same but different.