Brilliant lifestyle here

Ozybear

Its an expat forum on thailand so 'schtum' is acceptable. You understand it.I realize ofcourse this is a difficult and touchy issue. As this now is about live here, i would not accept that my partner, when hearing about scams from her friends or relatives, keeps silent and would say; som nam na farang and keep schtum ! That would say enough about her ' morals '.

-I wasn't criticizing, just asking where in your background did you learn Yiddish?With morals like that you wouldn't have many friends left among either side, but I'm sure the ones that remain would be very upstanding, hope they're as fun as the sinners too. . .

My nickname is REMY !

I loved your performances in " 'Allo,'allo "!

• Like 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but you are going to get screwed.

The moment your house is built and paid for, you will no longer be welcome in this wonderful Isaan village.

Sorry but this is the sad truth .

This is just fact,drive to Udon Thani and Khon Kaen and you will see,in every village,a "Farang Mansion"!You will also see no sign of any Farang and quite often be invited back to view the "Farang Mansion" by the new owner.

Here's a tip,she's no Farang!

I've got a few questions about village life as I live in a toursit mecca and don't know about the promised land of village life?

1) Who do you normally hang out with that you have something in common and what language do you both speak in fluently?

2) What do you do for recreation in the village? Snooker with the lads? Playing footy? Running half marathons?

3) What language do you speak with the village people?

4) How many fluent English speakers that are your peers are close by that you speak to on a daily basis?

5) How close is a normal restaurant that serves up western food when you want that? Same village, same soi?

Cheers!

I live in downtown Bangkok but I'll give it a shot.

1 All humans have many more things in common than not, and I get very bored by people very very similar to myself. Verbal communications work just fine without full fluency, I don't need intellectual stimulation from people close enough to touch.

2 What is this "recreation" you speak of?

3 Thai

4 Redundant question, see #1

5 No interest in western food, nor eating in restaurants.

Key missing question - how happy are you with your life on a scale of 1-10?

Answer from me - 8 at the moment, but the missing two have nothing to do with my current location.

Its an expat forum on thailand so 'schtum' is acceptable. You understand it.I realize ofcourse this is a difficult and touchy issue. As this now is about live here, i would not accept that my partner, when hearing about scams from her friends or relatives, keeps silent and would say; som nam na farang and keep schtum ! That would say enough about her ' morals '.

-I wasn't criticizing, just asking where in your background did you learn Yiddish?With morals like that you wouldn't have many friends left among either side, but I'm sure the ones that remain would be very upstanding, hope they're as fun as the sinners too. . .
My nickname is REMY !

I loved your performances in " 'Allo,'allo "!

Not allo allo, but book from hector malot.

Not remy but remi ( cant even spell my nickname correct ! )

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Malot

The moment your house is built and paid for, you will no longer be welcome in this wonderful Isaan village.

This is just fact,drive to Udon Thani and Khon Kaen and you will see,in every village,a "Farang Mansion"!You will also see no sign of any Farang and quite often be invited back to view the "Farang Mansion" by the new owner.

I don't know about Isan, I don't live there. The farang mansion I paid for was completed 5 years ago.

I've got a few questions about village life as I live in a toursit mecca and don't know about the promised land of village life?

1) Who do you normally hang out with that you have something in common and what language do you both speak in fluently?

2) What do you do for recreation in the village? Snooker with the lads? Playing footy? Running half marathons?

4) How many fluent English speakers that are your peers are close by that you speak to on a daily basis?

5) How close is a normal restaurant that serves up western food when you want that? Same village, same soi?

Cheers!

1) my wife and child, we have lots in common thats why we are married, english and a little thai,(but that coming on great)

2) i like to tend to my garden, look after the animals, play with my daughter, im not into playing snooker with the lads, or football,

3)i try and speak thai in the village and really enjoy it,

4)not really botherd about speaking english to my pears,

5)if i wanted to eat western food i would cook it myself, and my wife is getting better at cooking western too, but to be honest i would sooner eat thai,, saying that i do miss a pizza,,,lol,

if you need to no more feel free to ask, living in a village suit some but not all, just the same as living in the big city, or for that matter a tourist place,

i lived in a small place in the uk, so that is my thing, i didnt like the big cities then so im not going to like them now,

jake

Time to begin building the pizza oven then?thumbsup.gif

Not satisfied with the reply from a poster to your insult, so what do you do Eesat?

You ignore it and have a go at somebody else.

Seems like picking holes in anybody else's joy is what makes you tick.

Your post about Jose Mourhino should have been put on the Chelsea thread.

Sly deceitful negativity.

Edited by SinglePot
  • Like 1

Not satisfied with the reply from a poster to your insult, so what do you do Eesat?

What's wrong with building a pizza oven then?From what Jake says he has plenty of land to do it on,why not?

If people like you have a go at me I don't care,that's fine but please don't go throwing your toys out of the pram when you get some back,what a big baby!

• Like 1

Some communities are made of up mostly scamming criminal "trash", and the elders and authorities most of all, such activities literally built the place.

You're living in the right part of Thailand believe me.

Struck gold with the wife, the family, except 1 bro, not bad from 11, and most of all the village and I do appreciate more after reading some of the posts from not so lucky farangs.

Karma.

Good Day Ozybear.

I've read every post on this thread.

My situation isn't a million miles from yours.

All the best.

(Still trying to think of a funny comment about the electrician's wife and the 7 inch android.)

Regards

SP

How about the wedding was terrible but the reception was great!....

Like that joke?

Sounds like the script for a Castlemaine XXXX commercial to me. But probably best to check with the OP.[/quote

VB thank you very much, even thought I am a Queenslander

Transman is right..you just don't get it..not easy..just being practical..there is some much nonsense here it really is hard to fathom for some with so little experience and skills and in continuous denial..

The op is in denial, he is being given bad advice..

Honesty has become denial? Jealousy to those who have it all doesn't get one very far.

You have no idea or its just jealousy at its best.
  • Like 1

Absolute crap. I live in the middle and 90% have farangs in them. Mine is in the 10% range as it was a gift to the family, practice house, holiday house for the near future until I build on the farm upon permanent arrival.

Cheers!

1] 1 Guy from Ireland

2] Help out with odd jobs/Snooker with the fellow villagars/Practising to eat and drink wisely

3] Broken Thai and broken English but most of all sign language and facial expressions.

4] 0, though, through TV, I am getting connected with more then 0.

5] In town(15km away) there is only pizza company for real western food. MK is considered a normal restaurant.

What's wrong with building a pizza oven then?From what Jake says he has plenty of land to do it on,why not?

If people like you have a go at me I don't care,that's fine but please don't go throwing your toys out of the pram when you get some back,what a big baby!

I only have a go at you when you post negative stuff about me or others.

Hard to ignore unfortunately.

You mean every other post?

Yep, exactly what I meant.

But I didn't want Eesh** referring me to a post where he had a temporary lack of concentration.

Hard to ignore unfortunately.

What was the post about Jose Mourinho anyway and why should it have been put on the Chelsea thread?Are you a big,hard internet keyboard warrior?What a muppet,jog on son!rolleyes.gif