Chang Beer Girls

gerrythepoet

Tell her she has sexy feet. That always gets their attention. In all likelyhood she has never heard that before and it will have her stumped on how to react.

-

Why would she not have heard it? Plenty of foot fetishists around, she'll just think you're one of them!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it from a woman, we like well crafted complements. There are many ways to complement a woman other than the boring old "You are beautiful" comment. We also know when it's just a hustle or not. And, when it comes from some older guy who is looking for a quick lay it's even more obvious.

But, I can't understand why this topic has gone on for 7 pages. The proper answer to the original question has already been given.

In Thailand you can give food to your family, to monks and in you made special food you can share it with your neighbors (they will then return the favour in future). You don't give food to anyone else unless they ask for it. The Chang girls are sometimes students, but there are also married ones.

The Chang girls still sound better than girls we had from Absolute come promote at the bar I worked at. One was on her cell texting her bf all night while the other was making out with her Thai bf in the corner of the bar. The worst part was neither of them were all that attractive.

It would have been impolite for them to clean the tables as it is somebody else's job. Them doing so is publically stating that the person whose job it is, is unable to do it properly, thus them doing it would have been insulting.

After many years here you may start to understand the culture. Until then, keep on giving money away for nothing and enjoying the smiles (while they think you are a fool).

• Like 1

In Thailand you can give food to your family, to monks and in you made special food you can share it with your neighbors (they will then return the favour in future). You don't give food to anyone else unless they ask for it. The Chang girls are sometimes students, but there are also married ones.

-

Beggars, which is why (we thought) it gave offense.

And agree it's rarely seen courage to come back and calmly comment after so much raking over the coals, kudos to the OP.

Edited by boosta

What establihment in Ubonratchathani (amphur meuang I pressume) is this actually?

I asked some Thais and yes, it is not beer girls' job to clean tables. As with most drinking places in Thailand, it is their job to get you to drink a lot, i.e. to generate turnover, money that is.

Every task in Thailand has someone assigned to it. If they aren't doing it for whatever reason no one else will as:

1. It isn't their task.

2. If the task is below them, then they would be insulting themselves by doing it.

3. If the task is above them, they will be insulting the higher person by doing it, thus stating that they are not capable of their position. You do not automatically help a higher up, it can be greatly insulting and everyone will lose face.

As for you doing it, nobody would have thought 'That's a good idea, what a nice guy'. They would have thought 'oh Buddha, another farang weirdo, they're so embarrassing'.

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 1

"I find it more depends on their reaction to the pitcher rather than the style with which he throws. First impressions call it instinct, intuition chemistry whatever are most important.

If she likes the cut of your jib the most obvious lecherous leer might just make her light up like a Christmas tree, but if the sight of you makes her spew the suavest approach routine in the book isn't going to make a difference.

I think subtleties like manners, gift of the gab and stylish moves only make a difference in a pretty narrow range of middle ground.

And of course we're assuming here that explicit money motivation isn't overriding the other factors for the moment.
" - Boosta

Agree.

Or more commonly known as "game".

The OP appears to be fairly innocent, but did not get the reaction he wanted. I think he just wanted a smile and a little recognition. I don't think he was being lecherous, but he had zero game and made a lot of unforced errors.

Next time, try Salt and Vinegar...

• Like 1

The Chang girls still sound better than girls we had from Absolute come promote at the bar I worked at. One was on her cell texting her bf all night while the other was making out with her Thai bf in the corner of the bar. The worst part was neither of them were all that attractive.

Absolut disgrace.

One does wonder if pulling a chang girl gives you a splitting headache in the morning

Edited by joeaverage
  • Like 1

Tell me then if you had a job somewhere and the place had a cleaner, would you stop what you were doing to go and sweep up the floor? Doubt it as it is not your job, why does this reflect on their manners?

-

He was under the impression that they were restaurant employees.

I've worked in every single job possible in dozens of restaurants, including top-level manager and in every case everyone's expected and willing to pitch in and do what needs to be done, anyone saying "that's not part of my job description" would be out on their butt in the street in a minute.

That may not be the case where unions or "award wages" have entered the picture, but IMO definitely the way things should be, certainly from a business POV and yes almost feels like a moral issue it's that strong ingrained.

But I'm the first to recognize that's not how things work here in Thailand.

Edited by boosta

Much ado about nothing.

The OP should have concentrated on enjoying his social night out, not concerning himself about what the staff were doing.

The girl probably accepted the crisps so as to be polite. Obviously she was worried about the snacks affecting her breath and tried to discretely throw the packet away rather than disappoint the OP, It`s just the Thai way, in which the OP appears to have no understanding. And also throwing towels at someone will not win friends and influence people. I dare say that if the OP ventures into more of these social venues, that he won`t be made welcome with open arms.

These girls are there as eye candy to promote any certain product, that is their job.

post-110219-0-29258100-1371657467_thumb.

Sometimes reading threads on thaivisa leave me feeling like i should take a shower.
Reading letcherous old men style comments just gives me the willies.
Sorry na kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Like 1

The whole thing is a bit silly really.

Concerns about the girls not cleaning up a table or dancing for joy over a packet of crisps.
Or that maybe the THai guys wont be happy if the girls do their job and sell you some Chang.
Why not just switch off your overthinking, drink your beer and relax...

Sometimes reading threads on thaivisa leave me feeling like i should take a shower.

How old are you then?

Yes women have never taken advantage of the fact that men find them attractive.

Of course we could behave as if we are in a soap opera, my wife thinks men act like that. Soap operas make women delusional.

Beer Girls on Their Jobs and Drunk Customers

streettalk4671_0.jpg

For those interested in what happens from the pretties perspective, have a read of this article ...

interview-beer-girls

Plus a nod to TallGuyJohninBKK for the original post

But more fun is to read the original thread with lots of photos ... whistling.gif

on this thread ... beer-promo-ladies;-tiger-heineken-etc in the Business Forum.

Edited by David48

I've never considered anything even resembling a moustache (ewww ..) attractive. but I accept that the rest of the world wasn't modelled on my own undeniable perfection. wink.png

(Euro backpackers with hairy legs - regardless of how attractive they might be from the thighs up - freak me out. I dont have a problem with natural pubic regions, but anything below that needs to be mown on a regular basis IMO)

You mean you like the guys to shave their legs.

Don't think I've ever seen that in my whole life.

I've had many Thai girls ask my why I don't have my body hair removed, apparently full-body's not that unusual here.

If they're honest they'll tell you most think excessive (from their POV) body hair is gross.

Of course all the hirsute posters here have been told the opposite for decades and believed it.

My girls like their men fat and bald and wearing glasses, really into control freaks too, oh yes. . .