Chang Beer Girls

gerrythepoet

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Chang Girls are not lookers, at a resturant in CM a few nights ago and the chang girl was o0n the very thin side and no padding in her dress, yes they do add padding to the dress for a better behind as per my girlfriend and they only work the same bar for about 3 months and then transferred else where.

They do not do tables or chairs and unless you buy there beer have not a word for you which is only fair, the OP needs to get a life

• Like 2

Ladies such as these superstars are so special they don't even have bowel movements, far to disgusting for the likes of them. like us all they come into the world with nothing and will get into their 30's with nothing.

I'd agree with all of your post except the part about "will get into their 30's with nothing".

I take exception with the term superstar the ones around CM are attractive but nothing to honk your horn about. A few years ago chatting to a couple of these superstars (not) one asked me you want girlfriend she needs help paying her tuition, pointing at the other girl, I politely declined

I would agree with Moe666. The beer girls (any beer brand) are not waitresses. In fact I'm not sure just what purpose they are for. I haven't seen them offer any special "deals" when they are around. All of them are reasonably nice looking girls but I've never seen one that was a stunner. And, I think us women are more discerning than men when it comes to looks.

I would agree with Moe666. The beer girls (any beer brand) are not waitresses. In fact I'm not sure just what purpose they are for. I haven't seen them offer any special "deals" when they are around. All of them are reasonably nice looking girls but I've never seen one that was a stunner. And, I think us women are more discerning than men when it comes to looks.

They are there to fill the glasses of men who buy their beer.

They also will eat and drink and chat with the drinkers.

You have to speak Thai for the full service.

Note to Rene

If you were sitting at a table with some men they wouldn't approach as it becomes the sitting ladies job to pour the beer for all the men at the table.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

-

Their job is to dress the place up by standing around looking pretty, and do their best to encourage sales of their employer's brand - they're not paid by the restaurant at all.

They're probably not as effective at generating sales as they used to be, but cultural traditions die hard, and I think from the beginning their motivation isn't the weekly paycheck as much as the exposure to guys with money.

It's true that this job doesn't attract as beautiful girls as those that work the trade show displays, car shows etc, but in the higher-end places in Bangkok you do get some stunners occasionally.

Also keep in mind they conform more to what Asians consider attractive, personally I agree not at all to my taste.

Ladies such as these superstars are so special they don't even have bowel movements, far to disgusting for the likes of them. like us all they come into the world with nothing and will get into their 30's with nothing.

wow, you sound truly bitter.

I am not certain as to why you would spew such venom, but i can certainly guess.

• Like 1

They are there to fill the glasses of men who buy their beer.

They also will eat and drink and chat with the drinkers.

You have to speak Thai for the full service.

Note to Rene

If you were sitting at a table with some men they wouldn't approach as it becomes the sitting ladies job to pour the beer for all the men at the table.

Define full service please.

Why on earth would you buy them crisps?!

???? Because he is not a cheap cuss and maybe he's even a tiny bit generous ?????

This are traits unknown to many TV members for sure.

Again, can we hang the OP at dawn tomorrow? Surely he deserves it..

• Like 1

I must say I was completely baffled by the OP...... buying crisps, bussing tables? I had hoped that he would repost in hopes of getting some insight into his odd behavior. Thanks to theblether for summing up the job responsabilities and etiquette of the promo girls, I hope the OP took note.

• Like 1

I know two people who run promotion teams for drinks brands. It will be no surprise to learn that the Chang girls and all others have to meet a sales target.

The nightly wage in Chiang Mai is 350-400 baht depending on the company you work for, and a sales bonus is also paid, typically 30 baht if you buy a bottle of whisky for example. A further bonus is paid if you hit your monthly sales target.

As a rule of thumb the target is two bottles per night ( in regards to whisky ), I have no idea what volume of Chang is targeted. The best promotion girls in the best restaurants in CM sell 150 bottles of whisky per month. I don't know how much the monthly bonus is but you can see the financial attraction to this job.

The girls are rotated for various reasons of over familiarity, the example in the OP is a prime example. The promotion managers would go ballistic if they found the girls clearing tables and doing general waiting jobs. That's absolutely not their job and they would risk severe reprimand or possible dismissal if the promotion manager walked in and found them doing that, take note OP. There's a constant friction between the restaurant owners and the promotion managers as many restaurant owners do try to place all their ills at the hands of the girls. Phone calls go flying back and forward every day between owners and the promotion managers as to the suitability and ability of the girls.

The bane of the promotion managers lives is tardy timekeeping by the girls, you can guarantee that just about every day there's an owner on the phone going mad that a girl is late or hasn't turned up at all.

Going back to over familiarity, many girls are targeted by guys and constantly pressured and propositioned. It's a sacking offence for a girl to go with a customer. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but it has to be beyond discrete. If the promotion manager finds out then she's gone, in most cases if the restaurant owner finds out then she's gone too. It's patently obvious that it's not in the best interests of Chang to have people thinking that every one of their girls is a xxxxx for hire. That goes for the restaurants too. One of the reasons why the girls are rotated is to get them away from guys that effectively stalk them.

Peer pressure is another controlling issue, the girls know that if they get grassed in for whoring themselves then they are sacked. The other promotion girls wouldn't hesitate to do in a rival in this way. The more ambitious among them have the phone numbers of the competitor brands managers, usually as a back up in case they get fed up with their own jobs, but the numbers also come in handy for a bit of gossip.

Rather than buying them crisps ( seriously op? blink.png ) most people would invite the girls to drink " with " them. They'll drink from your bottle or tower, whatever. Most restaurants don't allow them to drink before a certain time. It's not the first time that one of these girls has keeled over drunk. I saw one young lady going that direction in May, it goes down like a ton of bricks with all tiers of management. Obviously they would be delighted to eat with you, but again it's not good form to sit down and make yourself at home when the restaurant is busy. I know of two girls that got sacked for that.

There is a high churn in this job, and the age limit is around 24, after that you are effectively shelved. It can be a bit of a blow to go from earning 15-20000 baht a month for evening work then back into the regular economy.

Well explained, Mr. Blether. Perhaps the OP will change his tune? Not holding my breath.

• Like 2

<snip>

Again, can we hang the OP at dawn tomorrow? Surely he deserves it..

Sarcasm noted, but not needed.

The OP came to the Forum asking a question or attitude that confused him.

As members of the Forum, based on our relative experiences in Thailand, we have endeavoured to answer his enquiry ... for better or for worse.

I'll let you make the judgement which were/are the prime replies.

???? Because he is not a cheap cuss and maybe he's even a tiny bit generous ?????
-

But the whole point is that isn't generous, it's such a petty and cheap "gift" to girls that are relatively high-status - or at least see themselves that way - so it becomes an insult, like the hotel manager that talks about customers that tip the bag-carriers with a 5 baht coin, much better to tip nothing at all than insult people that way.

And it's not just the amount but the way that it's done, lots of posts above explain the accepted and normal way to interact with these girls if you want to be perceived a big shot or try for a discreet outside experience (good luck).

In Thailand you have to go along with the tried and true ways things are done or you're just seen as bizarre and possibly dangerous, which is why farang are so often seen that way.

• Like 2

no problem gave her 20 baht said thanks for chatting.

Pushing out the boat, big time!

Just like me, was sat in the karaoke bar one night,,where they know me quite well smile.png

3 young girly sitting next to me,,,,Huw cow Huw cow, think they wanted me to order food in the bar, which is not cheap.

So I give one of them 50 baht, sent her down the shop to buy 3 mamma noodles wai2.gif

I still don't get the crisps bit, clarification of the motivation to do that please.

Not sure,,,but they must have been Thai crisps.

Couldn't see the OP,, giving them a pack of Walkers, or Monster munch smile.png