British man found dead at Central Pattaya Apartment

Lite Beer

British man found dead at Central Pattaya Apartment

A 38 year old British man was discovered dead in his 3rd floor apartment on Monday afternoon and for now Police are unsure of the cause of death.

Police were called to the P Place Apartments in Soi 8 off Pattaya Second Road to investigate the unexplained death and were directed to the apartment occupied by Mr. Alan Patrick Mouncey who was born in Dunedin, New Zealand according to his passport.

Mr. Mouncey’s naked body was on the floor close to the entrance of the toilet. A clear and significant head injury was seen by Police and blood stains in the bathroom and on the bed were also discovered.

CCTV was checked and Mr. Mouncey was seen to arrive at his room with a Thai woman at approximately 3am. He left 20 minutes later with her, and after seeing her leave on a motorbike taxi Mr. Mouncey was seen to re-enter his apartment alone. It was confirmed that no other individuals entered the apartment prior to the discovery of his body by a cleaner at 12.30pm on Monday.

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/91544/british-man-dead-central-pattaya-apartment/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29#sthash.NQkuEN3Y.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-06-17

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is he Briitish if he was born in New Zealand

He could have lived in GB and taken citizenship and got a GB passport. You don't have to be Inspector Clouseau, or a nuclear physicist to work that out.

And then you might just be right and it could be put down to the shyt reporting of the local Fourth Estate

• Like 1

cheesyd.

Your right about the tragic circumstances of a young mans death but perhaps several posters were actually trying to get across the total lack of creditable reporting in the article giving rise to speculation that the police after viewing the deceased NZ passport determined that he was a Brit and in the light that no other evidence was offered then he was a Kiwi therefore giving rise to the belief that if they cannot get that right then what bloody chance of catching anyone if another person was responsible for his death.

David.

• Like 1

'It was confirmed that no other individuals entered the apartment prior to the discovery of his body by a cleaner at 12.30pm on Monday.

Therefore, presumably it was a self inflicted head injury (deliberate or accidental) with blood everywhere?

If you read the rest of the article the police are speculating that he had a pre-existing medical condition which caused the death.

Insanity?

Certainly insanity rules here.

The link provides the following statement which seems more creative than even the TV posters. biggrin.png

Police are speculating that Mr. Mouncey may have suffered from an acute medical problem which caused him to collapse. It is thought he was able to recover but the head-injury sustained in the fall may have caused his eventual death.

Edited by jacko45k

Significant head injuries and blood around the apartment. Definitely sounds suspicious to me but I guess we will have to wait on the BIB to determine the actual cause.

You're joking, right?

The BiB will determine it was death by natural causes.

Or suicide, and why is all farang always naked when found dead?

Edited by bander

cheesyd.

Your right about the tragic circumstances of a young mans death but perhaps several posters were actually trying to get across the total lack of creditable reporting in the article giving rise to speculation that the police after viewing the deceased NZ passport determined that he was a Brit and in the light that no other evidence was offered then he was a Kiwi therefore giving rise to the belief that if they cannot get that right then what bloody chance of catching anyone if another person was responsible for his death.

David.

David,

I think Mr. Mouncey’s passport is probably a British one but has his birthplace listed as Dunedin, New Zealand which has led to the debate.

Condolences to his family, very sad and I do hope the actual cause of death is determined.

• Like 1

How is he Briitish if he was born in New Zealand

The same way that I am. British father, dual citizenship, only been in UK for 2 weeks in my life, went travelling around EU on UK passport before entering thailand on it. Therefore according to Immigration I'm British. Though I consider myself a Kiwi..

I've been drunk in the shower before and fell backwards out of the bath, almost hitting my head on a marble sink unit in a Bangkok hotel before.

Like people say it's easy to have an accident in the bathroom especially if alcohol is involved.

cheesyd.

David.

Absolutely, hit the nail on the head. When the very headline raises conjecture then the rest of the article becomes rather subjective.

Slipping on a wet floor and banging the head may course Intracranial Injuries if hit in the right places.

Link here But we may rule this out as it doesn't explain why there is blood spots splattered over the bed area if the story is 100% correct, Unless he was moving around after the accident. but the forensic autopsy report should establish and will rule this out if there is fail play.

​What are people thinking about when trying to establish where he comes from? why does it matter where he comes from? this isn't important as where or why. He is dead and my feelings go out to the family of this young man. R.I.P

• Like 1

I've been drunk in the shower before and fell backwards out of the bath, almost hitting my head on a marble sink unit in a Bangkok hotel before.

Like people say it's easy to have an accident in the bathroom especially if alcohol is involved.

yep.. I`ve also had a few near misses... a wierd one about a yeah ago... right butt cheek was black and blue... god only knows how that happened... whistling.gif

The link provides the following statement which seems more creative than even the TV posters. biggrin.png

Police are speculating that Mr. Mouncey may have suffered from an acute medical problem which caused him to collapse. It is thought he was able to recover but the head-injury sustained in the fall may have caused his eventual death.

That is pretty much what I was thinking!!

If you were really drunk, you would not have remembered you almost hit your head

It is not at all unusual for people to slip and fall in bathrooms in Thailand because very few hotels or even houses use non-slip tiles in the bathroom.

I have personally known of 2 foreigners who certainly died in this way, and the blood on the bed is consistent with this as he may well have been conscious enough to stagger to the bed and back to the bathroom following a fall.

I always use non-slip tiles in any areas that are likely to get wet, it's shocking how many slippery surfaces there are in Thailand.

yes... absolutely shockin!!...

i think if you survive the first one, you are kinda OK because your brain semi-unconsciously learns from the experience and in your future stupors, you are armed with the experience of that first near miss...

to be fair... when its your turn for the big ride, thats probably one of the better ways to go... (went out with a bang... shall we say)

Edited by kristophon

No other woman were seen on the CCTV entering the apartments after that large woman left. I think they should be investigating residents of that apartment that could have gone to his room after the other one left. Especially the large girl in the apt as he seemed to like the larger woman. Just a thought.