Non immigrant Visa O, divorced but have Child (update)

Dear all,

I am in the same situation as this topic but currently living in Thailand :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/468307-non-immigrant-o-visa-divorced-but-have-child/

I am going to apply for the non immigrant "0" but wondering which country around Thailand will give me the best service. Anyone have tried the Thai embassy in Manila ?

By the way, which documents are required by the Royal Thai embassy ?

Only child birth certificate ? Need to show original one or just a copy is necessary ?

Do I need to show copy of mom id card ?

I got all the requirement for the extension of stay at immigration bureau in Bangkok (uploading the document now) but don't know the requirement documents for the 90 days single VISA....

If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated, thanks

post-42991-0-90917000-1371535898_thumb.j

You will need proof that you have custody of the child to get the extension.

Any nearby consulate or embassy is good for the single entry. Forget Manila.

Orriginal plus copy of birth certificate.

You will need proof that you have custody of the child to get the extension.

Any nearby consulate or embassy is good for the single entry. Forget Manila.

Orriginal plus copy of birth certificate.

Thank you for information.

By custody, you mean sole custody or can be share with the mom ?

Actually my kid live part time with me and I also pay a monthly child custody to the mom.

Kid and I are on the same Tabian baan address but we have separate book (blue and yellow).

Depends a bit on the office, but shared custody should be fine. Especially since you both officially live at the same address.

(I think you pay child support, not custody smile.png)

Yeah child support !

I am a bit stress about this CUSTODY matter crazy.gif

By the way, Immigration officer told me that I should bring the child for the extension of stay application, is that an obligation as she is going to school whole week ??

If you are living in Bangkok you probably would not need to make a trip out of the country for your non immigrant visa. You could do a change of visa status if you are on a tourist visa or apply for a non immigrant visa if on a visa exempt entry.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for all the advises.

This below my report about the Visa Run in Laos :

I gone last week in Vientiane by Thai airways, promotion ticket fare was 7100B, not bad.

Laos visa on arrival 30 USD (I am European)

8 USD taxi from airport to my hotel.

Stayed at hotel located in same road as Thai consulate (Douangpraseuth hotel), it was very convenient (around 40 USD a night with abf).

Thai consulate open at 8H30 am but queue started outside at 8H00 am, I was lucky it was not raining that day.

I submited the following document to apply a Non Immigrant O 90 days, single entry :

Copy of child Birth certificate

Copy of my passport

Copy of Laos visa and entry stamp on my passport

Copy 2 Tabianbaan of kid and me at same address (Yellow and Blue one)

Certificate from the bank showing more than 400K at Thai bank

I guess the 2 last documents are optionals,

Then they asked me a copy of the Thai id of the mom of my kid that of course I did not have.

So I explained to them that because we are divorced I don't have her id copy.

When I said that, the guy immediatly asked me a copy of the divorce registration that luckily, I had with me.

(I suppose that showing I was married with the mom, prove that the child is my legal kid following the Thai law... no more discusses)

Job done, paid 2000B and got my passport back the day after.

Will apply an extension of stay in October before the expiration of the Visa, it will be another matter...

A new report will follow... Cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Last month, I have been to Immigration in Chaeng Wattana applying the one year extension of stay.

I bring my kid with me and the folowing documents :

Copy of child Birth certificate

Copy of my passport

Copy of Laos visa and entry stamp on my passport + TM card

Copy 2 Tabianbaan of kid and me at same address (Yellow and Blue one)

Copy of Divorce certificate

New certificate from the bank showing more than 400K at Thai bank

Copy of the book Bank with update OF THE DATE OF APPLICATION as they requested it

Photo of me with the kid at home

Map of the location of my home (print by Google map)

First officer looked at the documents, and asked me the id card of the mom then I explained that we were divorced and showed the divorced certificate.

Then she asked me the school certificate for the child, document that it is not on the list of documents they requested on the form !

So I answered that I did not bring and she showed on the Thai version of the form that it was requested...

I kept my smile and return the page, asked where it was on the English version as none was printed...

Finally, she asked in Thai her supervisor behind her that who invited me to come and seat with the kid.

She checked few times all the documents I bring and asked me if the kid was going at school, I said Yes of course and she said please, next time bring the school certificate.

Then we proceeded to took a picture with the kid and I made the payment. They stamped my passport with a mention that my application was Under consideration, must show up again one month later...

I did not go out the country during this period as I did not know if I was able to do it without a new re-entry permit. Anyone know ?

On the date of the result, I gone to immigration with the school certificate that was not finally asked... Nothing was asked, Passport was stamped with a one year extension starting the end of the visa issued in Laos.

I am wondering if the kid should come again next year for the renewal of the extension, by the way, job done !

• Like 1

Although have never done for child I would expect presence to be required just as wife would be if getting extension on the basis of marriage. You would have required a new re-entry permit for travel to match current permitted to stay date.

Regarding re-entry while your application is under review, Yes - you can get a re-entry but it will only be valid until the end date on the review, at a cost of B1900.

Just recently applied and have extended based on marriage - in the initial paper work was an application for re-entry, after stamping my passport with the 1 month review extension the officer then stamped the passport with the re-entry stamp - stopped and slide the application back to me saying "not now - only good 1 month wait you come back"