Getting Non Im O Stamped

Hi guys,

Trust all is well, I need some advise please. I have a NON IMMIGRANT O visa multiple entry which was issued in Penang in December, now the first three months are coming to an end. Must I cross a border to get it stamped again or can I do this at an immigration office in Bangkok? Your help will be appreciated.

Hi and thank you for the replies.

To answer the questions, I got the visa on grounds of that I have dependans (two daughters) in thailand, all I gave was police certified copies of the birth certificates, no wife and no financial records. Used an Indian guy at AM Visa service across the road from Bannana Guesthouse in Penang, visa cost 550 Ringa and agency charge 150 Ringa thats x 10 to the baht.

Thanks again for info and good luck.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Just wondering - is it generally easier to get the visa application approved from these visa agents rather than going to the Consulate yourself? I'm going on Sunday, am hoping to get an 'o' visa based on having a Thai child, so also want to check that I can still work with this (I currently have a non-imm B and work permit, I'd just rather not have to do visa runs every 90 days). Any advice gratefully received!

You can get a WP on a non-O based on being a family member of a Thai national.

A multiple non-O based on having a Thai child is more rare in Asia, and will require that you are the legal father and not only on the birth certificate. That also goes for an extension of stay. You must have legitimized the child if not married to the mother.

if you are the legal father and the child is living with you, you can get yearly extensions of stay if you can show an income of 40,000 baht a month OR 400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand in your name.

Am not understanding how the O visa is going to help you not make visa runs every 90 days? An O visa entry is also 90 days. Are you actually talking about extensions of stay on basis of child rather than visa entry and if work permit can be issued?

I got a duel entry Non-O Visa from the Australian Consulate.

No kids, no wife etc.

Could have got a multiple, but didn't because of the extra expense.

Is that rare for an Australian Consulate to issue same in my circumstances?

On what basis did you obtain? Are you over age 50 perhaps? Are you working for an NGO?

50 + 1 day ... thumbsup.gif

Not working for an NGO ... not work at all.

Just applied, said I wanted to meet the Thai gf, and showed one Bank Statement ... maybe AUD $8,000

• 1 month later...

Hi and thank you for the replies.

To answer the questions, I got the visa on grounds of that I have dependans (two daughters) in thailand, all I gave was police certified copies of the birth certificates, no wife and no financial records. Used an Indian guy at AM Visa service across the road from Bannana Guesthouse in Penang, visa cost 550 Ringa and agency charge 150 Ringa thats x 10 to the baht.

Thanks again for info and good luck.

Did you just go to the nearest police station in order to get the copies certified?