Real World Examples: Pros & Cons of the Amity Treaty Company?

I qualify for the Amity Treaty, have been in business (properly registered Co., Ltd. with WP ect...) in Bangkok for 2 years and am considering a restructure. At the moment, 51% of the company is administratively Thai (my attorney and one of his employees) and I own the balance. The company articles of association protect me from being overtly defrauded however, Id feel better if I were the majority owner.

Can anyone of the TVF post a clear, real world list of the Pros & Cons regarding operating a company in Thailand under the umbrella of the Amity Treaty? Outside of the increased capitalization requirement and potential for the treaty to end, are there undocumented pitfalls, unexpected roadblocks, various ministry employees left dumbfounded or possibly issues with banks lending to Amity companies? Am I making a something out of nothing and just go ahead and leave the Thai shareholders in place? My wife and I are American and we aren't interested in owning land or property

Any expert comments would be greatly appreciated! I'll even throw in a free service for the best answer.

Regards,

gb33

• Like 1

Every thing to gain and nothing to loose, you can own 100% of the company.

You need a copy of the treaty, read it throughly, ( I have copies in Thai and Engligh if you need them )

I have had my Thai American Amnity Treaty for over 20 years and i own 93% of the company.

Contact the American Services at the Embassy they have people there that will tell you and show you what to do, becarefull and get a lawyer who knows the treaty, american services can provide you with a list.

Good Luck

• Like 2