Seafood restaurant in Pattaya

Pudding

Any recommendation of Seafood restaurant in Pattaya area?

I'm visiting Pattaya soon (5th time!) and looking for a good one but not too expensive.

Japanese web guide introduced ONLY 3 restaurants but I know there is more...

(Rim Talay@ Jomtien, Moom Aroi@ Na Kluea, Preecha Seafood@ Chonburee)

Don't have a car but will manage myself to go, any info is welcome!

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

Thanks to both of youwai2.gif

Will try both since I`m staying about a month therebiggrin.png

Now trying to overcome from the football macth vs Italy this morning, never expected Japan leads 2-0 but was ended as we thought (lose 3-4), we need a good DF (center back) player or easy to tell that Japan will lose all match @ World Cup next yearfacepalm.gif

Nung Nual near the lower end of walking street. Go in the one on the beach side. Get a table out over the water, if available. One of the oldest, largest and best in Pattaya. Reasonably priced, not cheap.

• Like 1

Preecha is in Ban Amphur just down the coast a few miles from Jomtien. Another good one is Poo Pen at the very end of Jomtien Beach.

Preecha is somehow famous and consequently nearly always busy, just like Poo Pen in fact. But for me, the restaurant (I have no idea of its name) immediately North of Preecha offers very similar food, slightly lower prices and to my mind a much nicer experience being really out over the sea everything is nicer, breeze, view, etc. Better service too as nearly always the actual owners of the place have some involvement in your meal, whereas service at Preecha is spotty at best.

• Like 1

Preecha is in Ban Amphur just down the coast a few miles from Jomtien. Another good one is Poo Pen at the very end of Jomtien Beach.

Poo Pen is at the very end of Jomtien. Full of Thais every weekend, and their food is full of sugar every day of the week. Stopped going there because the main course tasted like the dessert. If that's your thing then this is your place.

Tried to order it not sweet but did not help. Much of the food is "pre-prepared ".

• Like 1

Preecha is somehow famous and consequently nearly always busy, just like Poo Pen in fact. But for me, the restaurant (I have no idea of its name) immediately North of Preecha offers very similar food, slightly lower prices and to my mind a much nicer experience being really out over the sea everything is nicer, breeze, view, etc. Better service too as nearly always the actual owners of the place have some involvement in your meal, whereas service at Preecha is spotty at best.

We've stopped going to Poo Pen. Use to go there a lot, but have found the food to be not as good lately. Many of our friends feel the same way. And forget weekends. It's crazy packed. And lately seems to be too many Russians.

That place north of Preecha is Toey. We use to go there a lot also. I do like being out over the water and we know the waiter there very well. But we think Preecha is a bit better. We've never had wait staff problems at Preecha, but again know them quite well and also never go on weekends.

Just south of Preecha is another place we tried a few weeks ago. It's got a 2 story building in the front, restaurant is out back. Seems to be OK also. Huge outdoor TV screen that shows footy when it's on.

Rimpa Lapin, just south a bit more, has one of the most dramatic settings around here. Food is generally good, but can be hit and miss. Packed on weekends. No reservations. And a bit pricey.

Not sure when the Hilton seafood buffet is on as we haven't been in a long time, but it was quite good.

We also like going to Ban Chang and eat at a restaurant that's right on the sand. Food is pretty good. But it's a bit of a drive to get there.

• Like 1

Poo Pen is at the very end of Jomtien. Full of Thais every weekend, and their food is full of sugar every day of the week. Stopped going there because the main course tasted like the dessert. If that's your thing then this is your place.

Tried to order it not sweet but did not help. Much of the food is "pre-prepared ".

Ughh, I rather like spicy food so Poo Pen is out of the list, bit curious what kind of sweet seafood is served though, haha.

Thanks for the infowai.gif !

The best I've found is Mom Aroi 3rd Rd food is great and staff very attentive we always tip them well, havent been to the one in Naklua but should be just as good.

Oh, Mom Aroi in on the 3rd Rd as well? great to know, don` t have to go to Naklua thenthumbsup.gif

Nung Nual near the lower end of walking street. Go in the one on the beach side. Get a table out over the water, if available. One of the oldest, largest and best in Pattaya. Reasonably priced, not cheap.

That's close and easy to go for melaugh.png Arigato for the info!

Arigatowai2.gif to everyone for great info, can`t wait to go!

BTW, does anyone remember seeing Rock Lobster? (in Thai prononuce "gun", dosen`t look good but tasty) on the menu or in the fish tank?

I found somewhere on ther web that Rock Lobster is available in Pattaya Seafood restaurants, just can`t forget the HK taste of Rock Lobster fry with garlicwub.png ....

post-182005-0-98830100-1371939132_thumb.