Serial Posters. No Life Outside Thai Visa ?

soi41

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amusing thing about this is its always the returned members showing most indignation.

I'm happy to post here. That's enough for me. Frankly the board has some excellent members and also its share of idiots.

Reasonable politeness goes a long way....yet we all have bad days.

• Like 1

The amusing thing about this is its always the returned members showing most indignation.

I'm happy to post here. That's enough for me. Frankly the board has some excellent members and also its share of idiots.

Reasonable politeness goes a long way....yet we all have bad days.

What does ignidation mean ?

^^ This is the intellect we have to deal with here, that member actually edited his post to boast about the sum total of his life being that he posts on twitter. facepalm.gif

Sum Total? ... and as a sniggerer you are one of my favorite sniggerees. I have 30 minutes to edit and I'll use it if I so choose.

As long as you're swapping avatars, how about this one?

http://astigalimited.com/crossfitnoosa/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/20121007-194219.jpg

Guess also whose sum total of his life is posting on Twitter: @BillGates who last posted on Twitter 8 hours ago.

Laughable...........

You are now comparing yourself to Bill Gates, is there no end to your self delusion? Because you both have a twitter account?

Unbelievable.

I can't be bothered engaging with this level of imbecility. coffee1.gif

is there no end to your self delusion? I guess not.

I'm a binge poster, according to how busy work is. I've gone for many consecutive months without posting and only looking in very occasionally. But things at work have been slow for me lately, so I'm posting more more than usual (which some probably see as an unfortunate situation). Don't worry, I suspect that shortly I'll be absent from here for several months again.

But the OP brings up a point that I've wondered about. There are some people who seem to "live" at TVF, and I've always been curious if there are certain reasons -- like mobility restrictions due to a physical disability or that they're disillusioned with Thailand and don't go out to socialize anymore but don't want to leave the relative inexpensiveness and warm weather to return to their home country.

But there are a lot who post from mobile units as well, smart-phone, tablet, etc.....................wink.png

A real cause of concern to Facebook and the like. Still, others observing would assume the TV posters were using FB, making them trendy in their own eyes......................tongue.png

Today has been a busy day here for me with 6 posts, my average is below 2, and I still think, I spend a lot of time on TV. rolleyes.gif

A few months back, I was posting 2 or 3 times per day. That's too much. It shows a lack of self-control. It's pathetic and useless.

I wrote to a moderator called Sheryl. I asked her to suspend me for two months. I understand that she referred my request to another moderator called Lopburi. He was the guy who suspended me.

--------------------------------------------

When you have a self-imposed suspension ............ you just move on. You do better and more worthwhile things.

Never waste time on anonymous forums.

I look at prolific posters on this site and I view them with nothing more than pity.

What a joke....ask to be suspended because you cannot control yourself.

That is what really deserves the pity around here.

ITCHYBUM = DIDDUMS = HUMBUGGED.

Your problem is that you probably don't even know you have a problem.

Perhaps one day you'll understand.

----------------------------

If any of you guys know how to use the search function properly, try to dig out a comment that GEORGE made a few months back. In his comment, GEORGE invited forum members to contact moderators in order to request a suspension.

I didn't understand this comment at first. But then I got it.

I guess GEORGE understands life here in Thailand. Men get cheated on. Men lose vast amounts of money. Men lose their houses due to floods. Men are forced to re-locate to strange provinces where bombs explode almost every day.

Simply put, the men who live here are often the men who get stung or screwed or messed up. Alcohol issues often follow. And at that point, it's all too easy to get immersed in silly forums or other social media.

The virtual world becomes a substitute for the real world.

----------------------

Overall, I tend to agree with SMOKIE and BLETHER. I believe that the most balanced members of this forum are the ones who don't live here.

Please suspend me because I cannot control myself.

Another puddle on the floor.

Learn some self control andy, it might get you to where you wish to go one day.

Would you like a list of what I have done today ?

• Like 2

Please suspend me because I cannot control myself.

Another puddle on the floor.

Learn some self control andy, it might get you to where you wish to go one day.

Would you like a list of what I have done today ?

No, you've still got it wrong.

People everywhere attend AA meetings. And people everywhere check into rehab clinics. In almost every country in the world, people are happy and willing to seek help.

-----------------------------------------------

You've obviously been banned twice already (HUMBUGGED and DIDDUMS).

Why do you think you were banned? Did it ever occur to you that someone may actually be trying to help you?

You ask me if I would like a list of things you've done today. Why would you make such an offer?

If your life is truly rich and fulfilling, why the need to prove it to an anonymous stranger on an internet forum who you will never meet?

@Andrew....I have said it before.....there are niches here hidden away full of wonderful and informative posts.

I think you'd be better suited to finding yours rather than bothering with this line any more.

Every day is yesterday on here.

Bravo. You're right and I'm stupid. It's time to move on.

I bought a book recently. You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Ayutthaya-Yamanada-Nagamasa-Japanese/dp/9744801476

I wrote to the author. I wrote to many other experts, too. And they agreed with my contention.

The last three letters in my GF's surname are ITO.

You can work the rest out by yourself.

Here's a little piece of trivia:

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/japan/story/japan-prince-honours-spain%E2%80%99s-samurai-past-20130615

----------------------------------------------------------

Take care of yourself here in Thailand.

More than a decade ago, a Canadian once gave me some great advice.

He said: "if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone".

• Like 1

Half the posts here are aimed at Blether and seem to be quite spitefully written. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read his words. What's with the harassment I don't understand? Get over it.

Half the posts here are aimed at Blether and seem to be quite spitefully written. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read his words. What's with the harassment I don't understand? Get over it.

As Willy Sutton is reported to have said when asked "Why do you rob banks?" Because that's where the money is!

Today has been a busy day here for me with 6 posts, my average is below 2, and I still think, I spend a lot of time on TV. rolleyes.gif

A few months back, I was posting 2 or 3 times per day. That's too much. It shows a lack of self-control. It's pathetic and useless.

I wrote to a moderator called Sheryl. I asked her to suspend me for two months. I understand that she referred my request to another moderator called Lopburi. He was the guy who suspended me.

When you have a self-imposed suspension ............ you just move on. You do better and more worthwhile things.

Never waste time on anonymous forums.

I look at prolific posters on this site and I view them with nothing more than pity.

What a joke....ask to be suspended because you cannot control yourself.

That is what really deserves the pity around here.

ITCHYBUM = DIDDUMS = HUMBUGGED.

Your problem is that you probably don't even know you have a problem.

Perhaps one day you'll understand.

----------------------------

If any of you guys know how to use the search function properly, try to dig out a comment that GEORGE made a few months back. In his comment, GEORGE invited forum members to contact moderators in order to request a suspension.

I didn't understand this comment at first. But then I got it.

I guess GEORGE understands life here in Thailand. Men get cheated on. Men lose vast amounts of money. Men lose their houses due to floods. Men are forced to re-locate to strange provinces where bombs explode almost every day.

Simply put, the men who live here are often the men who get stung or screwed or messed up. Alcohol issues often follow. And at that point, it's all too easy to get immersed in silly forums or other social media.

The virtual world becomes a substitute for the real world.

----------------------

Overall, I tend to agree with SMOKIE and BLETHER. I believe that the most balanced members of this forum are the ones who don't live here.

Are you Scottish and one of those sorts of "tourist" also then?

Maybe his repetitive,sanctimonious diatribe gets rather tedious over time?

No. I'm from Surrey. Went to Oxford University. Dropped out after problems re: parent's divorce.

Enrolled at Sandhurst Military Academy. Graduated.

Worked in West Africa. Did things that I now horribly regret.

Came to Thailand 15 years ago.

English. Not Scottish.

And you?

Edited by andrew

My main issue with some of the zombies who feel the need to make inane replies to every thread that elicits an emotive response is that there is a clear line between 'witty' and 'dangerous'. Every English-speaking Indo board I'm aware of has the following advice writ large in threads regarding 'safety' in Indonesia:

Never, under any circumstances, get into a direct confrontation with an Indonesian man

Apparently, that goes out the window in Thailand - telling someone to 'Grow a pair and confront the guy !' when you know absolutely nothing about the Thai man in question is, IMO, grossly irresponsible, We can laugh about 'face' from the safety of our keyboards, but is it really so different to high school (or some workplaces ..) ? So many tough guys on forums, but that level of stupidity will get someone badly injured or worse - might be time for some of us to put out brains into gear prior to typing.

End of sermon. ;)

• Like 1

No. I'm from Surrey. Went to Oxford University. Dropped out after problems re: parent's divorce.

Enrolled at Sandhurst Military Academy. Graduated.

Worked in West Africa. Did things that I now horribly regret.

Came to Thailand 15 years ago.

English. Not Scottish.

And you?

You expect us to believe that you had the discipline to get into and through Sandhurst but you're not able to stop yourself posting on an internet forum and had to ask to be banned/suspended,are you serious?blink.png

Edited by Eesat
  • Like 1

Not saying he did, but people do change over time.

And for the better too, self-discipline isn't something you have or don't have, it's the perceived result, outcome of a combination of genetics (IMO minor factor), personality traits learned from parents, culture and peers in early life (IMO major factor) and the habitual application of healthy habits that build on each other, ideally becoming automatic and therefore no longer sapping the limited "willpower energy" we have available for each day's efforts.

A bout of depression or falling into bad habits, addictions that sap that energy can lay your whole life to waste.

Slowly starting with baby steps building the good habits back up result in behavior patterns (re-)forming until you're back to high levels of productivity and suddenly people see you as "self-disciplined" again as if you were born with it.

Other virtues like kindness, empathy and skills even certain types of intelligence are the same, the human mind is infinitely mutable.

But most people prefer to be stuck in their long-term habitual patterns.

• Like 1

Not saying he did, but people do change over time.

And for the better too, self-discipline isn't something you have or don't have, it's the perceived result, outcome of a combination of genetics (IMO minor factor), personality traits learned from parents, culture and peers in early life (IMO major factor) and the habitual application of healthy habits that build on each other, ideally becoming automatic and therefore no longer sapping the limited "willpower energy" we have available for each day's efforts.

A bout of depression or falling into bad habits, addictions that sap that energy can lay your whole life to waste.

Slowly starting with baby steps building the good habits back up result in behavior patterns (re-)forming until you're back to high levels of productivity and suddenly people see you as "self-disciplined" again as if you were born with it.

Other virtues like kindness, empathy and skills even certain types of intelligence are the same, the human mind is infinitely mutable.

But most people prefer to be stuck in their long-term habitual patterns.

Well we know you're not somebody to be taken seriously!rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

When son gave me pc in 1999 to go live in Bangkok, it was fantastic to have contact with lots more broadminded people around the world 24/7 when newly widowed: thus I became an addict. These days I use net only for quick squizz for news, info and emails (wonderful facilities!) tho occasionally waste hours online when tired out or wet weather.

It is a boon for those who are disabled, unemployed or on "meds" for depression as some of them might otherwise have little contact with others.