Serial Posters. No Life Outside Thai Visa ?

soi41

Half the posts here are aimed at Blether and seem to be quite spitefully written. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read his words. What's with the harassment I don't understand? Get over it.

Maybe his repetitive,sanctimonious diatribe gets rather tedious over time?
So does the mud slinging. Very tedious.

Yes but I think I'd be bitter and angry too if I was a middle-aged, commission-only, door-to-door life insurance salesman incapable of closing a fridge let alone a sale

You still haven't answered,who's an insurance salesman here?Is this your very sad attempt at provocation?What do you do for a living then or is it a secret like the other guy who seems very reluctant to tell us,quelle surprise!rolleyes.gif

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half the posts here are aimed at Blether and seem to be quite spitefully written. If you don't like what he has to say, don't read his words. What's with the harassment I don't understand? Get over it.

Honestly,what do you expect though?If you were to come on a forum largely populated by expats as a certain type of "tourist",the type which neither the Thais or expats want here as it gives everyone a bad name.

You then mouth off at everyone,act like Mr Thailand who knows everything about life in Thailand when you're not even a resident,telling everybody exactly how they should live over here,when you've quite laughably never done it yourself!

Then claim ridiculously to be a millionaire and boast about giving 200 Baht tips as if you're some high roller and post more than people who have been members for 15+ years in a very short space of time!

What sort of reaction would you elicit I wonder?

Laughable. laugh.png

Aaah, the Internet -

the men are men, the women are men and the children are LEA

amykat, I'm afraid my skepticism runs very deep, but I can see no reason why a woman of any race would want to join this board. I've mentioned it before, but one of the most vocal 'feminists' on my other board turned out to be none of the following - 'Good', 'Thai', 'Girl'. Nope - just another bored guy sitting in a condo on Upper Suk. The irony of being duped by a female impersonator from Bangkok wasn't lost on me, but I still find it odd that someone would persist with a ruse like that over many months when he had one of the most exciting cities in the world literally at his front door. In hindsight, it did seem odd that a 'good' girl knew so much about the nightlife areas of Bangkok (!), but he/she succeeded in firing up some of the old misanthropes on that board - it was entertaining to watch a thread explode as soon as she threw her chips into the pot :D

This thread shows that most expats living in Thailand do not have a very exiting life.

You expected otherwise? The life of an expat in Thailand is probably not that much different from the life they would lead back home, the difference being that here it's a much warmer climate, things are less regulated and in many cases, cheaper. But to be hobnest I don't think most expats moved here in order to have a more exciting life.

• Like 1

@Andrew....I have said it before.....there are niches here hidden away full of wonderful and informative posts.

I think you'd be better suited to finding yours rather than bothering with this line any more.

Every day is yesterday on here.

Bravo. You're right and I'm stupid. It's time to move on.

I bought a book recently. You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Ayutthaya-Yamanada-Nagamasa-Japanese/dp/9744801476

I wrote to the author. I wrote to many other experts, too. And they agreed with my contention.

The last three letters in my GF's surname are ITO.

You can work the rest out by yourself.

Here's a little piece of trivia:

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/japan/story/japan-prince-honours-spain%E2%80%99s-samurai-past-20130615

----------------------------------------------------------

Take care of yourself here in Thailand.

More than a decade ago, a Canadian once gave me some great advice.

He said: "if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone".

"The last three letters in my GF's surname are ITO."

OK, I get it now your an alcoholic and in love with rum and mint.

Lets start a self help list for Andy so he can build goals to be able to self manage his brain and control what and when he does things.

I'll start.

1. Learn to say NO. Try it now, repeat after me NO, NO. NO.

2. Take deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth, slowly, close your eyes. Relax.

Lets start a self help list for Andy so he can build goals to be able to self manage his brain and control what and when he does things.

I'll start.

2. Take deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth, slowly, close your eyes. Relax.

Seems like Thai Visa still have some weeding to do!!whistling.gif

Aaah, the Internet -

the men are men, the women are men and the children are LEA

amykat, I'm afraid my skepticism runs very deep, but I can see no reason why a woman of any race would want to join this board. I've mentioned it before, but one of the most vocal 'feminists' on my other board turned out to be none of the following - 'Good', 'Thai', 'Girl'. Nope - just another bored guy sitting in a condo on Upper Suk. The irony of being duped by a female impersonator from Bangkok wasn't lost on me, but I still find it odd that someone would persist with a ruse like that over many months when he had one of the most exciting cities in the world literally at his front door. In hindsight, it did seem odd that a 'good' girl knew so much about the nightlife areas of Bangkok (!), but he/she succeeded in firing up some of the old misanthropes on that board - it was entertaining to watch a thread explode as soon as she threw her chips into the pot :D

Very well put MrWorldwide.

IMHO I don't think we have a person here with the skills of Dame Edna sitting in a condo on Upper Suk.

But being a straightforward ordinary man she definitely isn't my cup of tea.

Anyway renee as the song goes, I bow to your superior worldliness.

I'll start.

andrew a.k.a the Blether!I thought having multiple user ID's on here was against the forum rules?whistling.gif

I'll start.

andrew a.k.a the Blether!I thought having multiple user ID's on here was against the forum rules?whistling.gif

You are mistaken and on shaky ground chum. sad.png

I'll start.

You are mistaken and on shaky ground chum. sad.png

Hardly,it's pretty much common knowledge on here it seems to me!coffee1.gif

Dear SinglePot,

NO, really, I wanted to know if the thread you were interested in, that had "long posts, of high quality, from interesting and intelligent members" could be the thread where we had some interaction ...because I found that thread broing at first, and then later, quite a bit more interesting. And I just didn't answer the apparent "rhetorical" questions, because of several reasons, mostly to do with potential flames, no matter what my answer.

Apparently, Boosta, has been banned since then, and he was a major part of that thread. I have no idea what happend, or why, to him?

Because maybe, I can't get a lot of "validation" in Thailand, being a white woman, I would love to know if I was part of an intelligent thread, "high quality" and all of that. I am really not trying to be sarcastic, as I think you have taken it!

What has being a white woman go to do with it?

Thailand is full of white women. Well, WHITENED anyway.

This thread shows that most expats living in Thailand do not have a very exiting life.

You expected otherwise? The life of an expat in Thailand is probably not that much different from the life they would lead back home, the difference being that here it's a much warmer climate, things are less regulated and in many cases, cheaper. But to be hobnest I don't think most expats moved here in order to have a more exciting life.

I certainly didn't. I moved here to get married.

Edited by bigbamboo

Honestly,what do you expect though?If you were to come on a forum largely populated by expats as a certain type of "tourist",the type which neither the Thais or expats want here as it gives everyone a bad name.

You then mouth off at everyone,act like Mr Thailand who knows everything about life in Thailand when you're not even a resident,telling everybody exactly how they should live over here,when you've quite laughably never done it yourself!

Then claim ridiculously to be a millionaire and boast about giving 200 Baht tips as if you're some high roller and post more than people who have been members for 15+ years in a very short space of time!

What sort of reaction would you elicit I wonder?

While we're all focussing on our own narrow obsessions, I had the pleasure of the remarkable Castleford - Hull FC game as soon as I got home this afternoon. A cracking game of rugby, and a surprising home win for Castleford. Apparently their manager was coach of championship side Featherstone Rovers last year, when they dumped Castleford out of the Cup.

To judge from the feedback, people on this forum find the Superleague more palatable than your maligning of theBlether.

SC

Thanks SeaVisionBurma for your avatar because it reminded me of been bitten by a monkey in Lopburi and adding to my number of posts.

I am so glad I could be of assistance, in the monkey/bitten/Lopburi/avatar department. It's what we're here for.

@Andrew....I have said it before.....there are niches here hidden away full of wonderful and informative posts.

I think you'd be better suited to finding yours rather than bothering with this line any more.

Every day is yesterday on here.

Bravo. You're right and I'm stupid. It's time to move on.

I bought a book recently. You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Ayutthaya-Yamanada-Nagamasa-Japanese/dp/9744801476

I wrote to the author. I wrote to many other experts, too. And they agreed with my contention.

The last three letters in my GF's surname are ITO.

You can work the rest out by yourself.

Here's a little piece of trivia:

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/japan/story/japan-prince-honours-spain%E2%80%99s-samurai-past-20130615

----------------------------------------------------------

Take care of yourself here in Thailand.

More than a decade ago, a Canadian once gave me some great advice.

He said: "if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone".

"The last three letters in my GF's surname are ITO."

OK, I get it now your an alcoholic and in love with rum and mint.

A reasonable attempt at humour.

I'll give you six out of ten.

PS. Did you check out the rugby forums re: Street Cowboy's advice above? They're actually very good!

Edited by andrew

Nobody has commented on my new avatar. sad.png

Anyway, I've got a Scottish pal here, he's an author and he flew to Chiang Mai to see me last week. It's been a great pleasure having him here and we've been out to see a few sights. It's been great scooting around taking photos, here's one of the Iron Bridge in Chiang Mai.

1013010_554471021257891_1260072680_n.jpg

So when I'm not at the gym / Jack's Van / Dinner dances / Muay Thai / Papas / Dinner Parties / Slow Boats To Laos / White Temple / Mae Ping National Park / chilling out with my farang friends / Thai friends blah blah.......I go take photos.

Then I sometimes post on here. That's my attempt at answering the OP.

Just in case you were wondering. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I agree, i for one was locked on keyboard for hours until two months ago my internet got disconnected by mistake, it had woken me up that i had too much weight, now i go out and enjoy life, i will not connected internet just yet, i am using internet at work which is useful and time consuming at work.