First post

Dancealot

Click on Advanced Search wheel in top right of screen. Put your name in the Find Author box, select Archives and As Posts and sort Ascending. Seems to be a problem with the system as when I click on your older posts only a blank page comes up.

post-566-0-33077700-1371834738_thumb.jpg

//edit - Just checked and see you have been a member since 2008-11-10 but the oldest post shows only 2009-7-16.

• Like 1

Click on Advanced Search wheel in top right of screen. Put your name in the Find Author box, select Archives and As Posts and sort Ascending. Seems to be a problem with the system as when I click on your older posts only a blank page comes up.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Thanks Tywais.

Word around the campfire is that posts that pre-date 2012 where somehow not accessible anymore..I have had some search problems with this already on long going threads like the blast of the past thread...

Does your discovery confirm the word? I fear this has happened during a previous maintenance.

Edited by Dancealot

//edit - Just checked and see you have been a member since 2008-11-10 but the oldest post shows only 2009-7-16.

This observation is correct. Before I became a poster I was a watcher like many here.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Thanks Tywais.

Word around the campfire is that posts that pre-date 2012 where somehow not accessible anymore..I have had some search problems with this already on long going threads like the blast of the past thread...

Does your discovery confirm the word? I fear this has happened during a previous maintenance.

All topics that have been inactive for two years are archived for performance and space reasons. That is why it is necessary to select the Archive option when doing the search in order to 'go back in time'. biggrin.png

They are also automatically locked when archived to prevent restarting and bringing up out of date information.

There's a lot of Gold in them there archives, is anyone looking at salvaging the best topics before they disappear into the ether?

They are not going to disappear. As I indicated they are simply being archived. A fun one to look for is George's. Can see back to 2002 and will see nearly everything had to do with Visas. My, how TV has grown.

• Like 2

Thank you very much Tywais

My very first post which I could read was made 2003-08-26, 21:04:19.

I did post on the 20th of that month when I joined, but Kan not connect with those posts. facepalm.gif

Win

P.S. I did not Look-a-lot before posting, just got on with it. w00t.gif

Edited by Kan Win

Thank you very much Tywais

My very first post which I could read was made 2003-08-26, 21:04:19.

I did post on the 20th of that month when I joined, but Kan not connect with those posts. facepalm.gif

Win

P.S. I did not Look-a-lot before posting, just got on with it. w00t.gif

We all didn't look-a-lot back then... It's nice to see. Funny, even!