Solarcell kit ? for small home

Nakonamath

I looked on Google yesterday evening and found this link originally which I cannot copy/paste for some reason.

www.posharp.com/solar-energy-companies-in-Thailand_renewable.aspx

The first company, Energy Solutions Asia Ltd actually gave prices.

Energy Solutions Asia ltd.doc

02 SEA Solar Power Systems 20W - 180W Specifications.pdf

Another one further down gave far more information but no prices. Leonics Co.

It explained how to size your system but I found it hard to work out easily.

Leonics designing a system.doc

I live on 15 rai in rural Thailand so space would not be a problem for me to install the cells.

Too bad :-( we better think about how we use our electricity instead. it is not cheap ! we spend 50% of what my mother inlaw earn in 1 month, on electricity, and we only use 1 aircon in 1 tiny room.

And you spend 2500 Baht/month?

Something isn't adding up..

Are you sure you haven't got a commercial (or temporary builders) meter? They are are charged at ~7 Baht/unit compared to ~4 Baht/unit for a domestic meter. Next suspect would be the hot water heater, and how long it gets used every day. If only a small room, I'm assuming only a small AC unit too. Perhaps the room needs insulation, or the AC unit is faulty/cheap/old?

well yes we have other things here, but the fact is we still use 2500, without the AC its around 1500

waterpump, Light, tv, internet router, fridge and yes water heater, water cooker for, rice cooker, microwave it add up

Yep, all adds up :)

I don't suppose you're using a desktop PC? if that gets left on 24/7 it's going to add around 250 units / 1000 Baht a month on it's own (based on 350 watts).

Too bad :-( we better think about how we use our electricity instead. it is not cheap ! we spend 50% of what my mother inlaw earn in 1 month, on electricity, and we only use 1 aircon in 1 tiny room.

And you spend 2500 Baht/month?

Something isn't adding up..

Are you sure you haven't got a commercial (or temporary builders) meter? They are are charged at ~7 Baht/unit compared to ~4 Baht/unit for a domestic meter. Next suspect would be the hot water heater, and how long it gets used every day. If only a small room, I'm assuming only a small AC unit too. Perhaps the room needs insulation, or the AC unit is faulty/cheap/old?

That is indeed a lot of money for a single aircon. My previous house was a 1 bedroom with aircon and not insulated of course, and my avarage was 1100 Baht a month.

c'mon JB! from you i expect much more than "my string of thread was of average length".

• 4 months later...