Building a new house

Cheers again for more the subsequent info which has been provided.

So basically:

If I use local builders/labour, it'll likely be quite a bit cheaper, however unless I can get an experienced/knowledable foreman (There is no way I'd do this myself, I simply have no experience), it'll likely end up being a slow and poorly done job. As you pay for what you get.

One of the sites for designs which was mentioned previously was a site which my gf had previously taken a look at. She actually has the design which she likes already, but just hasn't moved onto the next stage of discussing it with the company.

Anyway thanks all for your contributions thus far. I've got a bit of reading to do of some of the things you suggested, so I'm going to close this thread for now, although may reopen and bump it once I've digested a bit more information.

Likewise once the project gets underway, I'll no doubt post up some of the problems which arise, and maybe a few photos for anyone who is interested smile.png

Edit: Also in reply to a couple of posts which still wanted to remind me about not being able to own the land etc. The reason I'm not worried, is because I've already taken sensible precautions + I only ever bet what I'm prepared to lose (Not that I wouldn't moan if I did lose of course lol. But don't worry, I am aware of the risks of relationships).