where is the beef?

ou812

Some restauranteurs here I've spoken with say they don't like the "fresh" Aus beef here because it taste like it's been frozen at least once

How else would it get here if not frozen?

Its flown in by air,or so they say, regards Worgeordie

Some restauranteurs here I've spoken with say they don't like the "fresh" Aus beef here because it taste like it's been frozen at least once

This I'm sure of, but it is frozen during the journey.

This I'm sure of, but it is frozen during the journey.

Was in Rimping (Nim City) two days ago, shopping for tenderloin beef - the top of the line type. Spotted two at 1,300+ baht per kilo, and asked the butcher 'what's the difference?' One was New Zealand beef (but previously frozen, he added), the other was Thai beef ("kho-khun beef") that had never been frozen, and was priced a few baht more.

The Thai beef was delicious!

• Like 1

I have only seen one grade of Makro ground beef. Is there a higher grade? The one I buy has little flavor if any.

Any members have up to date comments on beef from Northern Meats, and which branch of NM do you prefer?

I've been aware of this company for a couple of years but never visited their shops, just lazy.

I have only seen one grade of Makro ground beef. Is there a higher grade? The one I buy has little flavor if any.

Any members have up to date comments on beef from Northern Meats, and which branch of NM do you prefer?

I've been aware of this company for a couple of years but never visited their shops, just lazy.

I find they are lazy too, it's so dirty and the butchers have little skill and no respect for the product just throwing it around. There was even blood on the cash resister in front on my last and I mean last visit there.

I find they are lazy too, it's so dirty and the butchers have little skill and no respect for the product just throwing it around. There was even blood on the cash resister in front on my last and I mean last visit there.

Is Northern Meats the same as Northern Farms?

Where is Northern Meats located?

Is Northern Meats the same as Northern Farms?

Where is Northern Meats located?

My apology. I mean Northern Farms.